Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

aris

Arcane
I wouldn't really call these spoilers, unless you consider knowing names of bosses and npcs to be spoilers.

Seems like the moonlight greatsword makes a return, as it always has.

This is dark souls achievment, nice reference.
Is "inherit" the new euphenism for "steal their stuff"?
Moar like brutally murder them for no good reason and then steal it.

praetor

Arcane
darksouls2-collectorsedition.jpg

damn japs getting the superior gadgetry in their collector's edition :(

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I like how one of the achievements is "die for the first time".

I wonder what the records will be for first death and which person will take the longest to die.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Easy gaijin mode is p priceless :D
Funny that ENB and the other guys in asia say that the european and american PvP is harder than in Asia and they still feel hardcore, its like the americans playing good soccer nowadays and it rotting to poison in the bellies of the mexicans

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
LOL!

How did Americans ravage Final Fantasy? Weak, retarded, Japanese writing, on top of SE designing their games around corporate, bulletpoints, ruined Final Fantasy.

It certainly wasn't American influence that made SE go from Yasumi Matsuno, to the shitty writing team they have now.

Japanese are elitist as fuck, man. Been so for years.

iQeUe.jpg

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Fuck I am slowly getting hyped up for that game

When is it due to release?

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
:lol: If Japanese gamers should be angry about anything, it's that their entire game industry has fallen into almost complete irrelevancy as it descends further and further into mobile gaming.

DragoFireheart

:lol: If Japanese gamers should be angry about anything, it's that their entire game industry has fallen into almost complete irrelevancy as it descends further and further into mobile gaming.

It's a good thing I wasn't drinking coffee when I read "Easy Foreigner Mode" because I died laughing when I saw it.

We should invite some of them to the Codex. Japan is known for being xenophobic and racist: they'd fit right in!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
“I don’t think that we’re going to make it any brighter, but we do understand that there are dark areas,” Miyazoe says. “The cave is pretty much pitch black if you don’t have a torch, but that’s part of the gameplay as well. After playing it ten or 20 times, you’ll start to memorise how the path goes and then you won’t need a torch.”

TAKE MY MONEY

This person understands video games.

I'm so happy to read this...

:takemymoney: :takemymoney: :takemymoney:

DragoFireheart

“I don’t think that we’re going to make it any brighter, but we do understand that there are dark areas,” Miyazoe says. “The cave is pretty much pitch black if you don’t have a torch, but that’s part of the gameplay as well. After playing it ten or 20 times, you’ll start to memorise how the path goes and then you won’t need a torch.”

TAKE MY MONEY

:takemyjewgold::takemyjewgold::takemyjewgold::takemyjewgold::takemyjewgold::takemyjewgold::takemyjewgold::takemyjewgold::takemyjewgold:

181913_113978468676855_4627639_n.jpg

EDIT: I'm very tempted to pre-order this game. Brofist this post if you think I should.

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

All of which may not soothe the concerns of Dark Souls players who prefer to stay Hollow and avoid PvP encounters altogether, particularly now that your max HP will diminish with each death until you restore your human form with a Human Effigy. Miyazoe is unapologetic. “This is going to sound a little bit rude, but being invaded is part of the game,” he says. “It’s like an enemy in the game that just happens to be controlled by another player. The Covenants system is a good way to be helped; that’s how we want to structure some of the roleplaying as well. So if you’re an invader, if you’re a bad guy, there always has to be a policeman who tries to get rid of the bad guys, and that element will be blended into the Covenants as well.”

Another area of concern for some fans who played the network test was the framerate, which was a downright disaster in some areas of the previous game and still seemed choppy on occasion in the beta. Miyazoe insists this will be fixed at 30fps on PS3 and 360, and maybe a little higher on PC, by release. Careful observers also noticed a smattering of low-res textures, particularly on the ground but also some walls and clothing elements. These will be fixed as far as possible, but Miyazoe says they’re not a top priority. “If it’s far in the distance, we might just leave it,” he says. “If it’s very crucial to the gameplay, we will definitely fix it. The visuals have improved a lot from Dark Souls, and we want to capitalise on that.”

“If you think an item seems useful, try to use it. If it doesn’t work and there are very limited numbers…” Miyazoe pauses to deliver a smile filled with mischief. “Well, that’s a chance you took.

181913_113978468676855_4627639_n.jpg

:incline::bro::bounce::yeah:

I like my Dark Souls how I like my coffee: Bitter, rude, and strong.

Last edited:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

It's a good thing I wasn't drinking coffee when I read "Easy Foreigner Mode" because I died laughing when I saw it.

We should invite some of them to the Codex. Japan is known for being xenophobic and racist: they'd fit right in!
Eventually we'd all end up Watchwitzed when KuroiUndershogun banishes all foreign devils on RPG Koshahon.

Machocruz

Arcane
Those foreigners and their dumb, easy games like Wizardry 4, Nethack, Victoria 2, Alpha Centauri, Ultima Underworld (which birthed ya' whole style, From son!), Gothic, etc.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

TAKE MY MONEY

Damn, that's a really refreshing thing to read.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom