Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Help Genma Choose a Game to LP!

Alright, seeing as I'm now (kinda) acclimated to my job, I feel like having some direction in what game to play. Curse you Steam Sales and all your ilk. Fair warning that this will probably be abandoned at some point like all my previous LPs. The list of choices is rather wide, so I imagine the winner will probably only be by a vote or two. I'll keep the voting open for a week. Maybe less.

1. The Ballads of Reemus

oH9ufeu.jpg

A relatively recent adventure game dealing with the exploits of a medieval exterminator (not a very successful one) and his purple bear friend Grimace Liam. I've played a bit of this one so far, and it's certainly no Monkey Island but...

2. Fallout: Project Brazil

eRrBBHI.jpg

A mod for FNV that tells the story of yet another Vault, the civil war that erupts there and the fate of one poor schmuck caught in the middle. Played it awhile ago, but quit when I stepped through a door and promptly fell into the black abyss. Since then it's had a lot of bug fixes and is actually stable. We hope.

3. Saga Frontier

dm8i5LA.png

An old school JRPG in Genma's LP list? It's more likely than you think. Prior to Morrowind being released on Xbox these types of open world roamers were my sole source of non-linear enjoyment. Seven different characters, each with their own stories and a number of countries and towns and dimensions to explore. Well, most have a story. Lute's just there to look like an idiot.

4. Neverwinter Nights 2 modules

gfPnF8J.jpg

Now that the obligatory Wilhelm Scream and orc cave flashbacks are over, I'm talking about the plethora of user made adventures out there. Choose this and I track down a few for further voting. For a moment I thought about offering Tortured Hearts for NWN. Then I laughed myself hoarse. Fuck no I'm not doing that, we'd be here for years. Good mod though.

5. Chrono Cross

yfKEx5F.jpg

What, I like it!

yPArMGi.jpg

And it's been years since I played this thing.

6. Steambot Chronicles

s9ePlvw.png

Heard about it, never played it. A huge game with a lot of freedom to explore, and the option to (eventually) be the villain. Gee wonder if I will?

7. Morrowind

zATYPfc.jpg

Not the main game of course, pretty sure that's all been done. But there are a plethora of mods out there to look at. Daedric Sorcery, Havish, etc.

Vote for whichever game you'd like me to take a crack at. Ciao.

Random Word

Arbiter
MCA Project: Eternity
Steambot Chronicles - steampunk robots and being able to play the villain ftw.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Oh look, another abandoned Morrowind LP!

Steambot chronicles, obviously.

Jester

Arbiter
4 wish to find out if there are any advanced add-ons.

4. I'm curious to see if it's been enough time for my mental scarring to heal and I could jump back into some NWN2ing myself. Or, alternatively, just watch some decent module played, if there is one.

Indranys

Savant
Chrono Cross
What, I like it!

Me too.
What an enchanting, underrepresented setting.
One of the most fresh and original settings as far as RPGs go IMO.
I would kill for a proper ToEE-like RPG in that tropical archipelago paradise with a touch of Chrono Cross atmosphere and all.

But I vote for 2.
Looks like a cool mod so I kinda curious, but I won't re-play FFNV again so reading someone LPing the mod will be suffice.

Cassidy

Arcane
2. It can't be worse than Failout3, right?

The fact something worse exist does not make something bad good. But I am also voting for 2 because if you want to LP a game you will enjoy you shouldn't ask for the Codex to choose it for you. Be thankful I'm not suggesting Stalin vs. Martians

THE VERY FIRST FUCKING C&C INVOLVES CHOOSING WHETHER TO BE A JOCK OR A NERD WOW SO DEEP

:kingcomrade: :popamole: :decline:

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
2!

The NWN2 OC is so long that I think you might abandon the LP midway through.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
You're expecting a codexer to have reading comprehension. Impossible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom