Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Post an obnoxious LP'er

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wait, there are good LP'ers?
Spoony's Phantasmagoria 2 and Ripper playthroughs are good, although those are more like riffs. His Swat 4 LPs are good too. I also enjoyed team fourstar's let's plays of L4D2 and Halo Reach, although I think those got taken off blip.

Lemming42

Arcane
The best and, in a way, most obnoxious LPer ever is this guy. He may or may not be drunk and/or on drugs. Either way, he plays streets of rage with his catchphrase "AVE SUMMA THAT" every other time he hits someone.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
There's a lot of great ones.
*has been following LP's since their inception on SA -- thanks Slowbeef!*

I was there when the LP was born. Slowbeef clicking his lighter. Lighting the cigarettes. Bitching about his colleagues. Showing off The Apprentice, which was insanely cool. I'm so happy about this. LPs are great and there are many fantastic ones.

argan

Augur
Yeah, I think there is. People that know to shut up during cutscenes and dialog and have interesting things to say about/perspectives on the games they're playing.

I watched a Bloodlines LP a few years ago (don't remember by whom, though) where the guy doing it had plenty of interesting observations on the game, understood it and obviously appreciated its strengths. At that time I had already played Bloodlines for the billionth time, so it was very fun to witness someone else's experience of it. Kind of like when you go here and read a discussion of a game you already know but is still interested in other people's opinions on.

This. It can be quite interesting to see how someone else experiences one of your favourite games. I kind of like Veriax' playthroughts, although he's often hopelessly inept (by his own admission, too).

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I like ResearchIndicates and SuperGreatFriend alot, though mostly because they lean more towards the informative style of LP than comedic. They mostly play obscure cult-hits that I like to read up on but will probably never actually play (D, Illbleed, etc), and unlike most other LP-ers, they actually understand when it's a good idea to just shut up and let the game speak for itself.

Garm

Learned
Pretty much all the idiots who do the whole "play a horror game routine with my webcam on" schtick and most people who LP AAA-titles. Seems like most popular LPers on youtube are either obnoxious morons or people with a terrible sense of humor that try way to hard to be funny.

Behelit

Augur
Go to 2:45. Such incompetence gives one a fierce headache and merriment!

aris

Arcane
I was almost as bad as that in the beginning. Nobody remembers how they sucked the first time they played the game.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I was almost as bad as that in the beginning. Nobody remembers how they sucked the first time they played the game.

But you also didn't post a douchey video of yourself. As much stupid shit as you post it comes nowhere near the level of retardation as the guy in the video. You're just a fanboy, but this guy is a genuine moron.

aris

Arcane

But you also didn't post a douchey video of yourself. As much stupid shit as you post it comes nowhere near the level of retardation as the guy in the video. You're just a fanboy, but this guy is a genuine moron.
He did try to go down to blighttown via the depths though, which is one of the most rage inducing areas in the game and the way down you don't want to take, especially if you do it right after the depths.

I always thought it was strange that a shield in DS can block a giant fucking ultra sword, but can't block poison darts somehow, unless you have the spider shield. Fuck those dart blowers and their darts that are so sharp that they go straight through a shield an an armor.

And by the way, since he has videos like this for a ton of games, I think he's a guy that pretends to be bad. I think felipepe is right.

aris

Arcane
It wasn't that different from me, I'm not afraid to admit.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
DSP is basically a guy who's an insufferable prick in real life, probably genuinely really bad at video games in real life, but also acknowledges both of these things and exploits it by putting up videos where he's being shit at video games and saying alot of stupid shit (i.e. saying it's the games fault, blaming it on the controller, etc) just to trick idiots into watching his videos 'ironically' and getting ad revenue.

I don't watch him for the same reasons why I hated that stupid 'Tommy Wiseau show' thing on Machinima: it's not funny watching somebody who's essentially just trying to troll you in order to get jew gold.

Gregz

Arcane
Humanity has risen!, wouldn't it be more useful to create a thread called:

Post Your Favorite LP'er?

Presumably this website is about discussing video games, and trying to find the best of them...why promote such hostility, judgement, schadenfreude, and finger pointing? I've discovered some good games thanks to LP'ers who convinced me they were worth trying, why not create that thread?

Is this another of the many serious character flaws you regularly display while claiming to be Christian?

Last edited:

Vibalist

Arcane
Humanity has risen!, wouldn't it be more useful to create a thread called:

Post Your Favorite LP'er?

Presumably this website is about discussing video games, and trying to find the best of them...why promote such hostility, judgement, schadenfreude, and finger pointing?

Dude, this is the Codex.

Direwolf

Arcane
I'm not disinterested in other peoples opinions on games, I'd just rather play it myself than watch someone else play it.

To be fair, LPs are not too bad for the games that are in alpha/beta that only a few people have access to. Even then you have to turn down their obnoxious voices/commentary.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom