Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Turn-based Isometric RPG Zaharia Now on Kickstarter

Johannes

Arcane
Yeah, having now gone through the video, the macaronis should've gotten some language prepping beforehand.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Kickstarter; Zaharia

As you may know, we have a thread in General RPG Discussion about the isometric indie RPG Zaharia. Yesterday the game went live on Kickstarter, seeking a not-so-measly £120,000.

The game has a 30 minute prototype with some alpha features, available for you to try out. Grab it here: http://www.innervoid.net/web/?page_id=377

Zaharia is an RPG with an oriental and middle eastern flavored setting, inspired by Middle East cultures charm and made with care to be original but, at the same time, plausible and convincing.The player will be able to create his own character and use him freely, writing his own story in the world of Zaharia without neither compromises nor constraints.

While exploring the game’s world, the player will discover its centuries-old history, and will come in contact with a world radically different from the ones inspired to European Middle-Age.

Feature List
  • Isometric 3D graphic;
  • Turn-based battles based on our original rules’ system;
  • Narrative and Interpretative non-linearity, allowing the player not only to choose which quest to follow, but also to make choices and solve problems in many different ways;
  • A free-roaming world, Fallout style;
  • A large number of skills and stats to manage, in order to customize your own virtual alter-ego in every small detail;
  • An original setting created from scratch, inspired to late medieval Persia and Arabia, and completely different from the classic fantasy settings;
  • Development of mature themes: slavery, sexuality, racism, theology, philosophy, morality, politics and so on;
  • Five main factions to choose from, each of them deeply characterized and different from the others;
  • Innovative magic system, making mages something more than portable siege weapons.

The "early bird" digital copy tier is £8; otherwise it's £12. You can read up on the game's mechanics in more detail on the Kickstarter page.

You can also upvote Zaharia on Steam Greenlight.

I keep telling myself I'm done with KickStarter until my backlog shrinks, but they pressed too many of the right buttons. "sigh" Once more into the breach my friends, once more.

Tormented Seph

Scholar
Yeah, having now gone through the video, the macaronis should've gotten some language prepping beforehand.
abatantuono.jpg

Kz3r0

Arcane
Capital error, video is too long and too much blahblablah made worse by the fact that they aren't native speackers.

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
There's certainly nothing groundbreaking here, but I can't say I'm not excited about this. I will back it, I just hope that others do the same with that big goal.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Goddamn more low-budget 3D graphics nightmare.

Also behead those who implement floaty UI elements spread around the corners of the screen

Monty

Arcane
The choice of games they chose to display on their shelf in that video is questionable... :hmmm:

True. Although sadly a good collection seems to be no indicator of a successful project (*cough* coreplay *cough* :()

3YLysjJ.jpg

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What the hell is wrong with simple, static 2d graphics?

The number 2. 3 is bigger than 2, so it is better.

Sort of how like 2D games are better than 1D and 0D games, and how we'll really be gaming when we can play in four dimensions.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What a sketchy-ass prototype. Still a potentially interesting game and more than a tad AoD-ish. Of course that means it'll never be released.

Shocked. I really thought they will ask for 40-60 k $ and end up with 70-90$. It's bad, very bad. Loved the alpha :(

kaizoku

Arcane
Alpha has a distinct AoD vibe.

going to be released before AoD too :troll:

Development of mature themes: slavery, sexuality, racism, theology, philosophy, morality, politics and so on;
looks like GD to me :smug:

02cd979816fb360c7215335ea35e9072_large.jpg

finally a game that doesn't bow to feminists

How was the prototype?
From the video the game seems to lack in terms of character mechanics.
The setting makes this game interesting, since it's one which is rarely explored, but I fear for the outcome.
I suspect it will be a bag of good ideas but bad execution.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
These fly-by-night indies and their vaporware were less awful when they weren't able to try to part fools from their money before they've released a product.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom