Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Who are this forum's moderators?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shouldn't Elhoim and Vault Dweller be made moderators of this subforum?

Granted, that would make VD show up as Codex staff, which might be anathema. ;) DarkUnderlord?

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Why? They have ITS forums, and is there really any need for people to have moderator control over the subforums devoted to their games? They can edit their own posts just fine, it's hard to see any real reason they'd need the ability to do anything more. On the rare occasions moderator power would actually be useful, they could simply do a quick report/pm.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why? They have ITS forums, and is there really any need for people to have moderator control over the subforums devoted to their games?

Well, it's not just a "subforum devoted to their game". It's a Hosted Forum. In theory, a non-Codex forum that just happens to be hosted here. For example, HobGoblin is moderator of the Chaos Chronicles forum.

In fact, I'm pretty sure this forum was moderated by a member of the AoD dev team in the past, but somewhere along the road something got messed up and now it says the moderator is "Jora". Not sure who that is.

EDIT: Actually, Jora was appointed by VD as moderator when he was booted from the Codex staff. He's AWOL since 2011 so he should probably be removed from that position.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Why? They have ITS forums, and is there really any need for people to have moderator control over the subforums devoted to their games?

Well, it's not just a "subforum devoted to their game". It's a Hosted Forum. In theory, a non-Codex forum that just happens to be hosted here. For example, HobGoblin is moderator of the Chaos Chronicles forum.
Sure it's labelled as that, but in practice? RPGCodex doesn't host their forums, they have their own now. The only reason not to merge the subforum back into the workshop or grpg is the volume of interest and discussion. It's a completely different situation from CC, where the hosted forum WAS the official forum.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Well, let's see what VD has to say. If he wants to relinquish ownership of this subforum, we can put it under the aegis of the GRPG moderators.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Pretty sure if the guy had a problem with the current status quo, he'd have made a post about it sometime in the last few years.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Technically, there is no need to actually moderate the forum (and if there is, the Codex staff can always step in and send a thread or two to Retardo), unless you want to cause some butthurt and make me a mod (although I'm not sure if Awor's butt can handle so much pain).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Technically, there is no need to actually moderate the forum (and if there is, the Codex staff can always step in and send a thread or two to Retardo)

Ah, having a moderator around would be more for the purpose of occasional splitting/merging of threads and other maintenance-type tasks than for dealing with unruly posters, obviously.

unless you want to cause some butthurt and make me a mod (although I'm not sure if Awor's butt can handle so much pain).

Butthurt is an advantage.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Ummm... If VD wanted to be moderator of his forum Infinitron, he'd ask. In fact we had this discussion a few years ago and VD said he was quite happy for it to remain in Jora's hands.

And no, making him mod of this forum wouldn't have him show up as staff.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Ummm... If VD wanted to be moderator of his forum Infinitron, he'd ask. In fact we had this discussion a few years ago and VD said he was quite happy for it to remain in Jora's hands.

And no, making him mod of this forum wouldn't have him show up as staff.

Like I said

Jora was last seen:
Dec 21, 2011
But whatever. The only reason I brought this up is because I reported a post earlier and realized there was probably nobody around to see it. It's no biggie, though.

Hormalakh

Magister
Taking over Palestine piece by piece wasn't enough, now we're going to have rpgcodex taken over piece by piece by the Jews.
:troll:

SlavemasterT

Arcane
So is this pretty much what the top sekrit staff forum topics are like?

If so, I don't know whether to feel happy that I actually haven't been missing anything at all, or sad that my fantasies of threads filled with juicy tidbits about Phelot's death and Chefe's alt-list are dashed

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
If so, I don't know whether to feel happy that I actually haven't been missing anything at all, or sad that my fantasies of threads filled with juicy tidbits about Phelot's death and Chefe's alt-list are dashed

It may not be quite as sensational a place as you imagined, but it is enough of one to have forced me to humble myself before The Council in order to regain admittance. I can't check IP's anymore, but the other arcane knowledge I've gained is immeasurable.

SlavemasterT

Arcane

It may not be quite as sensational a place as you imagined, but it is enough of one to have forced me to humble myself before The Council in order to regain admittance. I can't check IP's anymore, but the other arcane knowledge I've gained is immeasurable.
Gloat all you want, Sheriff, but all the cool kids hang out in the '04-'05 member subforum, which your grimy paws will never deface :obviously:

Will someone regale me with the saga of VD-as-staff?

iAjVtLQXYtifu.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Pleeeeease dad

Vault Dweller was the Codex's editor-in-chief and set the tone for the site for many years. He was the most active administrator, basically running the site while most of the others had a more hands-off approach.

He wanted the site to be more "respectable", and he went too far one day by trying to sanitize GD. This happened: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/edict-from-the-management™.21366/page-10#post-1534879

And that's it, in a nutshell. If you want more details you'll have to dig around in the archives.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom