Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm not saying that Yunzi will backstab us, I'm worried that she'll destroy Wuni in an attempt to get rid of the clutter here. We want to beat Yunzi and yet we want to not win, specifically with Wuni taking the victory. Yunzi just plans on winning the whole thing, so she doesn't care about the lesser pugilists in them and will destroy them in battle without a second thought while we're trying to support one guy.
Well, in that case I count on her impatience to get to business and her desire to stick close to us now that she is free. I really can't see her joining a random fight where we aren't involved.

asxetos

Augur
I'm pretty sure Shun's objectives were to have him dead or gone. If he wins he stays in Tibet (and Shun could influence Tibet more). If he loses he's a corpse. The dude's a drug rapist and now you want to show mercy because maybe Shun had a plan for him?

IMO the only way the Empire would benefit from this guy (appart from his death) is if he got the Princess and brought her back as a married hostage in China. He is definately no ambassador material.

If you vote A you already fucked the plan of getting him hitched. What do you see in this man that is still worth sparing his life beyond a plan that you are actively stopping?
I just dont see the need for a kill anymore, and the plan is already fucked anyway.

Absinthe

Arcane
The only ones left are strong enemies. We'll have to leave the match with Yunzi for later if we want Jixuan Wuni to win because now there are the Monk, Bandit, and Beggar who is still watching remaining. All of these guys seem like they'd outmatch Jixuan Wuni.

Yunzi should be able to figure out we're helping Jixuan Wuni - if not from our involvement in the battle, the moment she sees him use the Kuanglang Step, she'll know.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
IMO the only way the Empire would benefit from this guy (appart from his death) is if he got the Princess and brought her back as a married hostage in China. He is definately no ambassador material.
Why not? He fucks up, his patron Wang loses court points. That works, too.

Absinthe

Arcane

I just dont see the need for a kill anymore, and the plan is already fucked anyway.
“If you do them minor damage they will get their revenge; but if you cripple them there is nothing they can do. If you need to injure someone, do it in such a way that you do not have to fear their vengeance.”

The odds that this guy is the petty, vengeful type is good. Why not just remove him now and be done with it? He tried to rape our friends. This is not a person who is worth keeping around. The only thing he'll do is create trouble.

I just don't see sparing him accomplishing anything good.

Kipeci

Arcane
The only ones left are strong enemies. We'll have to leave the match with Yunzi for later if we want Jixuan Wuni to win because now there are the Monk, Bandit, and Beggar who is still watching remaining. All of these guys seem like they'd outmatch Jixuan Wuni.

Yunzi should be able to figure out we're helping Jixuan Wuni - if not from our involvement in the battle, the moment she sees him use the Kuanglang Step, she'll know.
The only strong enemies left are socking each other in the face, the Beggar left the stage.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'll put in a proper vote later, but I'm damn certain I want zhang wossname alive. That's the über humiliation option and that's good with me.

Nevill

Arcane
The only strong enemies left are socking each other in the face, the Beggar left the stage.
I absolutely loved his 'you guys are bonkers, I'm outta here' attitude. :lol:
treave said:
The monk, Xuxian, is walking towards Pang Xiaohu with a terrified expression on his face, though you can see that his eyes are full of resolve. It looks like he is joining the fight. The beggar Jiu Mou, on the other hand, has stood up and begins walking the other way, to the edge of the stage. The audience murmurs in surprise as he hops off the stage, disqualifying himself. Casting one last look over the proceedings, he sighs loudly before resting his stick against his shoulder and wandering off.

I'll put in a proper vote later, but I'm damn certain I want zhang wossname alive. That's the über humiliation option and that's good with me.
Ditto for me. Killing a man that is already down in front of everyone, do we really want to act the way our reputation that got dragged through the mud says we would? The monk didn't even get involved until the killing started, so this would also probably serve to piss him off as well. Add to that the real possibility that this guy is actually working for Shun (though possibly only as a patsy) and well, what do we get out of this apart from very brief satisfaction of rubbing him out? Oh, he would try to get even later? He can take a number and get in the fucking line. We have already pissed off so many people I have lost count. What's one more?

Nevill

Arcane
Zero Credibility said:
Killing a man that is already down in front of everyone, do we really want to act the way our reputation that got dragged through the mud says we would?
Wouldn't mind it, actually, but currently we are in front of Wuni, who only recently thought about us as of a complete monster. We have managed to persuade him otherwise somewhat, but if we give him even the slightest doubt, he might believe it again. And we not only have a reputation of an infamous murderer, but of a notorious skirt chaser as well. If the rumors about out bloodthirst are true, why not the rumors about our lust?

Then we really will have Theseus on our hands.

Baltika9

Arcane
It's better to keep him alive so our girls can have their turn at revenge.
Cao'er still has her contraption with her, right treave?

Tribute

Arbiter
It's better to keep him alive so our girls can have their turn at revenge.
Cao'er still has her contraption with her, right treave?
She's saving that for her beloved one. She would not befoul it by using it on this asshole. It's also a reward, not a punishment. Or at least it's supposed to be.

Jing thinks otherwise.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also, whatever plan Princebro has for the marriage thing, I guess we can help him accomplish similar results if we get the gratitude of both the Princess and her lover-guy. And really, have Shun owe something/rely on this worthless guy? I'd say it's in our best interests AND Shun's to not let Wossname win, whatever the girl thinks.

ScubaV

Prophet
Very interesting choices, but I can't muster up a strong conviction about them. I will abstain this round. :avatard:

Anabanana

Augur
I absolutely loved his 'you guys are bonkers, I'm outta here' attitude. :lol:
treave said:
The monk, Xuxian, is walking towards Pang Xiaohu with a terrified expression on his face, though you can see that his eyes are full of resolve. It looks like he is joining the fight. The beggar Jiu Mou, on the other hand, has stood up and begins walking the other way, to the edge of the stage. The audience murmurs in surprise as he hops off the stage, disqualifying himself. Casting one last look over the proceedings, he sighs loudly before resting his stick against his shoulder and wandering off.

I'm not sure why people are so surprised here, it was clear from the rules of the tournament in the beginning that killing was allowed. Makes you really think what kind of person the Prince is.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'm not sure why people are so surprised here, it was clear from the rules of the tournament in the beginning that killing was allowed. Makes you really think what kind of person the Prince is.

Well, there's killing, and there's chopping a man in two.

Killing allowed was meant to make it so that the fighters didn't need to hold back and an accidental kill would not disqualify them.

Anabanana

Augur

Well, there's killing, and there's chopping a man in two.

Killing allowed was meant to make it so that the fighters didn't need to hold back and an accidental kill would not disqualify them.

Right, that makes sense.

Rex Feral

Prophet
treave, it's not very clear to me. If we kill him, how is it going to be?

Will we fight him and kill him by using lethal techniques? Or will we butcher him while he helplessly stays on the ground screaming for mercy?

I'm not against the second, but I do worry about reputation. Can we signal Qilin and Cao'er to off him once we throw him out the stage? Should be pretty easy with a poison dart.

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
I'd probably prefer they render him comatose and off him more subtly later, if we're going to be killing him. Less easy to pin directly on us.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I'd kill him silently later, but I'm afraid he might make a run for it as soon as he gets of the stage.

One thing is clear however. He has to die.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom