Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Two Worlds interview at RPG Watch

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Two Worlds

<a href=http://www.rpgwatch.com>RPG Watch</a> has posted the first part of an <a href=http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=19&ref=0&id=16>interview</a> with <a href=http://www.2-worlds.com/?l=en>Two Worlds</a>' developers.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Let's start with some hype...
<br>
<br>
"Two Worlds combines a dynamic and sophisticated battle system with an enormous action theater and an astounding degree of 'freedom of decision'. This gives you, the player, a wonderfully novel and absolutely top-class RPG experience - and that was our project objective from the start. The game even enables you to design its unbelievably huge and detailed world to your own specifications."
<br>
<br>
...then get a glimpse of the well crafted story...
<br>
<br>
"The Orcs wage war against other sapient races, driven by the inborn desire of supremacy. That desire is a gift from their god, Aziraal, who was slain and buried in an unknown place long ago. But Orcs, Dwarves, Humans and Elves are not the only inhabitants of the world. Side by side live strange and ominous creatures..."
<br>
<br>
...then try to understand innovative design decisions...
<br>
<br>
"The hero of Two Worlds also starts as a <u>first level character</u>. There was no point in messing with accepted and proven mechanics. What really had to be introduced was the feeling of being somebody worthy of all those adventures ahead. <u>A seasoned warrior who knows his trade deserves demanding missions, or his potential is spoiled</u>."
<br>
<br>
...and, finally, enjoy the choices & consequences explanation.
<br>
<br>
"It may be really painful if you mess with an important faction, like in the situation when all the magic spells and potions are now only available through the black market, not to mention all those unavailable quests and wasted experience points. If, by the contrary you cooperate, the factions or guilds will treat you with respect and reverence worth any effort."</blockquote>Sounds like a fantastic game.
<br>
<br>

Sir_Brennus

Scholar

"It may be really painful if you mess with an important faction, like in the situation when all the magic spells and potions are now only available through the black market, not to mention all those unavailable quests and wasted experience points. If, by the contrary you cooperate, the factions or guilds will treat you with respect and reverence worth any effort."

Don't know what to whine about... Wasn't the fact that you could join more guilds at the same time one of those low points of ES3/4? Or does he mean that you actually can't join all of them in the case that you screw it? But won't you screw one guild if you join another automatically...

I feel dizzy...

elander_

Arbiter
I think you are refering to the Oblivion sindrome where we could be master of all guilds no mater how stupid it sounds. Being able to join all guilds (not the same as being master of all) is not necessarly a problem depending on the guilds and the expectations the guild has for it's members competence and behavior in society.

It would be interesting to know if these factions support the concept of rank and reputation. In this case only a very specialized character and one with an imaculate reputation would be able to get to the top of a goody goody knights guild for example.

Another interesting concept would be active competition to raise in rank, but i guess this would be asking too much.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Sir_Brennus said:

"It may be really painful if you mess with an important faction, like in the situation when all the magic spells and potions are now only available through the black market, not to mention all those unavailable quests and wasted experience points. If, by the contrary you cooperate, the factions or guilds will treat you with respect and reverence worth any effort."

Don't know what to whine about... Wasn't the fact that you could join more guilds at the same time one of those low points of ES3/4? Or does he mean that you actually can't join all of them in the case that you screw it? But won't you screw one guild if you join another automatically...
Hmm, just the opposite me thinks. As I understand, this tidbit tells that it will be severely disadvantageous not being friendly with every damn fraction in the game, bacuse you'll miss out powerfull items and lots of quests. There are no mention of guilds/fractions being mutualy exclusive or that some conflict will occure at some point if you've joined several of them, it's just that there's NO POINT in not joining any of them. It sounds even more stupid than Oblivion, where not joining a certain guild would only limit your choice of quests, not the ph4t l00t.

OsirisGod

Liturgist
blah blah sounds like the same old shit with new name , all developers these days like to overlly exagerate in presenting their products , and tend to just throw generic shit " dynamic and sophisticated battle system" , "top-class RPG experience" , and wth is there nothing else in this god forsaken world except Elves/Dwarves/Orcs , original stuff right there.

denizsi

Arcane
I would rephrase what Gavin Cartner has told about the alleged political structure that would be in Oblivion, but the main difference is, there were hardly any in-game examples. These guys however are able to give these two examples about taking responsibility for actions regarding faction interactions and taking no action as a choice, with its own ramifications. If they will keep giving such actual examples from the game instead of make-believe words, then I can tolerate all the shit words of PR, in line with the game itself.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
You all suck and this is going to be the best game ever. If it's not, I'll watch the other way when my bus passes RP's office.

geminito

Liturgist
It's not Oblivion, so RPG Codex loves it!

This site stinks and your opinions are not surprising.

Kraszu

Prophet
geminito said:

Is that sarcasm or you are that dumb? Where it is prised by hive mind?

denizsi

Arcane
So, what are those opinions which translate into "It's not Oblivion, so we love it!" in this particular thread? Point to anyone of them.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hate the artistic style of this game.

Out of the two action-rpgs produced by polished devs The Witcher seems much more promising.

Geminito, youre an idiot.

Lumpy

Arcane
I think VD has already compiled a pretty comprehensive post some time ago about why 2W is going to suck.
The main ideas being "Originality is pointless and dialogue is boring."

Texas Red

Whiner
I grow tired of these generic fantasy games. Why must they constantly place a bimbo with implanted tits(apperantly plastig surgeory is highly advanced in what appears medieval settings) and tight, revealing clothes?

This game looks like bulshit wannabe Oblivion.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
VD, stop using sarcasm, you're confusing the poor ESFites.

@ESFites: Of course VD loves Two Worlds! It's going to be better than Fallout in his eyes. Quit bitching. Morons. R00fles!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
geminito said:

I'm tired of the fucker. His recent posts:

This site is awful and your opinions are not surprising. Why do you work on this site when you could be playing Fallout instead? Please go save humanity from the mutants and yourselves.
VD likes THIS one? I never thought his opinions would be surprising.
Isn't that Vault Dweller's personal site? The opinions are not surprising.
Sounds boring and uninspiring.

Your opinions are not surprising and this site is awful.

So, is there a single good reason why I shouldn't ban his dumb ass? I don't mind different opinions, but his posts are nothing but spam.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
The codex anti-ban policy is an argument against it.

Also, if you ban him, you will really have to make a great purge amongst the countless idiots who joined the site recently.

And you know, if you start, this could get outta control, the codex would be nearly wiped clean of life, a great cleansing. An atomic spark struck by human hands, quickly raged out of control. Spears of nuclear fire rained from the skies, continents were swallowed in flames and fell beneath the boiling oceans. Humanity was almost extinguished, their spirits becoming part of the background radiation... you know the rest.

But hey, what are dumbfuck titles made for? :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom