Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am willing to sacrifice only other people for it. Our freedom I would never sacrifice.
Our freedom? What about our interests? Does having zhang in Tibet not make things more difficult both for you and Yunzi?

Siding with zhang to ensure Tang's interests smells to me a lot like siding with Ahura to protect Qilin. It strengthens the influence zhang has both in Tibet and China with him still being your personal enemy. I don't see it working well for you.

If you are worried about zhang scheming behind our back, why do you consider giving him even more resourses to work with?

Rex Feral

Prophet
I am willing to sacrifice only other people for it. Our freedom I would never sacrifice.
Our freedom? What about our interests? Does having zhang in Tibet not make things more difficult both for you and Yunzi?

Siding with zhang to ensure Tang's interests smells to me like siding with Ahura to protect Qilin. It strengthens the influence zhang has both in Tibet and China with him still being your personal enemy. I don't see it working well for you.

If you are worried about zhang scheming behind our back, why do you consider giving him even more resourses to work with?

geez, I'm still for killing zhang. What I'm more torn about is if we should go either A or B. Kidnapping the princess and offing Zhang seems like overkill to me. The main reason for the kidnap was to prevent her from marrying him.

Nevill

Arcane
geez, I'm still for killing zhang. What I'm more torn about is if we should go either A or B. Kidnapping the princess and offing Zhang seems like overkill to me. The main reason for the kidnap was to prevent her from marrying him.
Nah, I see you point. I just feel strongly about having zhang anywhere close to the throne. If anything, I want him to fail in his mission and take a deep dive down as far as court positions are concerned before he inevitably runs into us again and kills himself.

Yes, it is a bit of an overkill, which is why I am mainly on B2, to have him return home empty-handed. It is also more likely to work, given that we are trying to do several things at once.

There is also a matter of him being a personal disciple of Wuxung. Anything that kicks Huashan in the nuts and robs them of power is good in my book. It is not about the Empire, it is about us, too. An utter humiliation backfires on Wuxung, making a martyr out of zhang does not.

There was that bit of info when we decided to train with Zhang Jue:
Also, devoting your time to training also means more time for your enemies to entrench themselves, and less time building good relationships with the various factions.
And seeing how Nie Wuxung can pull favors and teach his disciples under several schools at once, I'd say he has accumulated a fair bit of influence. I don't want this to continue. Discrediting his personal disciple as a political figure and as a martial artist should become a good first step for throwing Master Nie off his pedestal.

Last edited:

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Wow, come back and 10 pages of discuss. My feeling is that Jing has reason to want to stay. I say we get zhang the lesser to come visit us and have a nice little discussion with him. Surely he will want to see us humbled. Then we follow up with flattery and imply we were sent by Shun to put him into power. We get the older princess to leave and marry him off to the younger.

"Honorable zhang, it seems fortune has fallen upon you this year. Your lord will be greatly thrilled that you could be here to marry into the family and keep the power of Turfan intact and not allow a fractious neighbor on his borders. Rumor has reached me that the older princess is making plans to flee with her lover, but this leaves the younger and more biddable sister available for your strong guiding hand. Turfan and Tang both need you to step into your destiny and I was glad to have had my small part in your ascension. I will take my leave soon to remove that last viable suitor from contention and I ask that you focus on your new found place here and leave me to the task I have been given by your lord with regards to one fire witch. I may need to call on your help in the future to deal with that threat."

Then we have Qilin make up something nasty(coma inducing or wasting sickness) and slip it to the younger princess with the message that if zhang oversteps then make him some special tea.

So I guess A1 with rat diplomacy.

Last edited:

RealDDc

Learned
Just realised that I've made a invalid and entirely nonsensical vote at late hours yesterday. :roll:

Supposed to vote to leave in A and to kill Manxing on the way out 1

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Baltika9 - A2
Nevill - B2 > B1
Lambchop19 - C1 > B1 >A2
Tribute - B2 > B1
ScubaV - A > B
XenomorphII - B
Elfberserker - A2
asxetos - B2
Azira - A > B
Bloodshifter - B2
Kipeci - C1 > B1
Fangshi - A2
Anabanana - C
Grimgravy - B2
Esquilax - B2
Sunnmøring - C1 > C2
profreshinal - A2
Rex Feral - B1 > A1 > B2 > A2
Absinthe - A1
GreyViper - B1
Kashmir Slippers - A1
kazgar - A1
Tigranes - B1 > A2
ERYFKRAD - B
Zero Credibility - C2 > B2
archaen - A1
RealDDc - A1

Current tally:

A - 2
A1 - 5
A2 - 4
B - 2
B1 - 3
B2 - 6
C - 1
C1 - 3
C2 - 1

Post-flop:

A - 2
A1 - 6
A2 - 6
B - 2
B1 - 2
B2 - 7
C - 1
C1 - 1

Assigning unnumbered votes to highest alphabet vote:

A1 - 7
A2 - 7
B1 - 2
B2 - 9
C1 - 2

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Escape from Dukezong

“I’m afraid, princess, that negotiations have broken down. I’ll be going now,” You stand up, rattling the chains. Princess Jinpa looks at you in alarm – she does not seem to have expected this. “You might want to stand back,” you say, tensing yourself as you prepare to break free. She is about to open her mouth to shout for help when you leap. The force of your movement tears the manacles free from the crumbling bricks and sends you barrelling through the wooden bars. Before Jinpa can run, you strike at her pressure points, immobilizing her movement. Your belongings are placed on a table nearby. As you gather them, you find that the princess is still silent, struck dumb by the ease at which you broke free. “I suppose your brother did not find any use for keeping a very secure dungeon. I’ve seen worse,” you say casually. She nods. “Imprisonment was not his favoured method of punishment.”

“All the better for me, then. Aren’t you going to scream for help?”

She does.

“Excellent,” you laugh, and advance on her.

“W-what are you going to do?” asks the immobile princess as she tries to put up a brave front. “I will not surrender to you!”

“Just bear with this for a moment,” you say, chuckling. Then, you bend down and haul her over your shoulder with her face towards your back, like one would a sack of rice. You would have preferred an actual sack to put her in, but you’ll make do with the lack of one. She starts screaming again. “Unhand me, you foul ruffian!”

“Someone’s been listening to one too many cheap stories of kidnapped maidens, I see.” You hear footsteps rushing down the stairs; the soldiers, no doubt. The alarm would already have been raised. The guards of the palace are well-armoured: pressure points would not be an ideal technique for disabling them. Making sure she’s comfortably rested, or at least as well as one can be, you move. The first soldier arrives at the bottom of the steps. He runs into your fist as he rounds the corner, a loud smack echoing around the cells as he falls backward. You step over him and dart up the stairs, surprising the second. He is standing above you – you jump, introducing his nose to your knee. As he falls, writhing in pain, you continue to run without looking back as Princess Jinpa shouts bloody murder over your shoulder.

When you reach the main corridor, you see that it is already barred and guarded. It would take too much time to beat them and unbar the gates; you turn and head upwards as a dozen soldiers chase after you. Vaulting up more flights of stairs, Princess Jinpa’s threats and shouts of outrage turn into pleas for you to stop. “I-I’m getting dizzy! Please let me go! I’ll do anything!” You laugh. “Hold on for just a second. I need to go faster.”

Faster!?”

You turn the corner with the distressed princess… and find yourself facing six soldiers in an open corridor that overlooks the city below. There are more shouts coming from behind you – it looks like you are trapped. “Unhand the princess!” shouts their leader. Two of them have their spears at the ready, but the others are in an unarmed stance; it looks like they fear harming the princess. That works for you. “Help me!” shouts Jinpa repeatedly, encouraged by the presence of her loyal guards. “Princess! Hold on! We’ll rescue you!” shout the soldiers protectively in return. You give her butt a good slap – it’s a bit bouncier than you expected from her figure, causing her to let out a cute little yelp. “Oh, hush,” you say.

The soldiers come at you, outraged. Grabbing firmly onto the princess with one hand, you dart forward. A fist comes towards your face. You grab the soldier’s wrist, pulling him off balance. Letting go of the wrist, you drive your elbow into his gut. As he falls, you crouch down low, swinging the princess away from an attempted rescue by another soldier. She lets out a agonized moan as you make a sweeping low kick, knocking down two more soldiers. Hopping over them, you kick the soldiers, sending them smashing against the wall hard and rendering them out of the fight.

The remaining soldiers hang back nervously, sweat pouring down their faces. Luckily, their reinforcements arrive… ten, perhaps twenty soldiers, cutting off your path both forwards and backwards and with more arriving every second.

“There’s nowhere to escape, Man Tiger Pig! Give yourself up and hand over the princess!”

You could defeat them, but their sheer numbers meant that they would stand a high chance of managing to grab the princess from you in the process. Besides, you’re not ready to hand the princess over just yet.

“Don’t worry,” you whisper to Princess Jinpa.

“What do you mean, don’t worry?” she asks worriedly.

You throw her off the balcony.

As the soldiers scream in horror, you make your own leap while they are distracted.

Snatching the princess in mid-air before she splatters against the ground, you land on a nearby rooftop slightly heavily, cracking the tiles beneath your feet. It seems that you need a bit more practice. You turn to look at the assembled soldiers up in the palace and give them a polite nod of the head before running off, jumping from roof to roof with your qinggong. They would not dare fire arrows at you while you have the princess in your arms. On her part, she is utterly silent, her eyes blank; perhaps her nerves are still too frazzled at being tossed off the building.

The main gates are closed; no matter how strong you are you wouldn’t be able to open them by brute strength, but you are not planning on using the gates. You nimbly claw your way up the walls. When you reach the top, you peer over it, looking at the outside of the city. Once you disappear into the countryside, your skills will prevent the Tufan soldiers from being able to track you down. As you expected, Qilin and Cao’er are waiting there. You wave at them, attracting their attention. Before you can jump over to the other side, the sound of many hurried footsteps approach you from both ends of the wall. It looks like they were prepared for you to come this way too. Soldiers begin to line the wall, surrounding you.

“Xu Jing.”

It is Jixuan Wuni, the Princess Rinchen standing behind him with a look of concern on her face. “What are you doing with Princess Jinpa?” he asks.

“Why would anyone give up the chance to travel the world and see its sights? I’m just fulfilling her wish. Don't worry, I'll bring her back safely,” you say, looking down at the princess you are carrying. “I didn’t mean it that way!” she shouts angrily.

“Alright, alright. Princess Rinchen,” you call out, causing her to jolt in surprise. “Y-yes?” she asks timidly.

“You wanted to marry your sister to Zhang Manxing, didn’t you?”

“No, I wanted to marry her to you, but to be honest… after what you just did, I am reconsidering it. I should have seen this coming.”

“It’s always wise to reconsider your decisions,” you say. “In fact, sometimes it is better if you take a break from it all. Your position, your status, your comfort, friends, family, lovers… what is most important? Jixuan Wuni, I have not known you for long, but I’ll say this: a relationship is built on compromise from both sides. Accept the compromise that your partner offers.” You really have no idea if it is sound advice - you might be one of the worst people to give a talk on this issue - but you’ll say anything to get him to ensure that he marries Princess Rinchen, whether he runs away with her or not.

“You sound like a preachy mother-in-law,” he replies stoicly.

You laugh. “Well, just think about it. Now…” You turn to leave.

“I cannot let you leave with Princess Jinpa.” Jixuan Wuni steps forward towards you; you see that he is not wearing his chakrams, but he is ready for a fight.

“You want to take her from me by force?”

“No, you’re not going to beat this monster! You’re going to get yourself hurt!” blurts out Princess Jinpa suddenly. “Don’t worry about me!”

“What’s that, little princess? Having a change of heart about someone saving you?” you ask.

“N-no, it’s not…” She goes quiet, and you look at Jixuan Wuni. He seems resolute, but you have no doubt that you can escape with the princess if you want to.

A. You have a ‘fight’ with him and allow him to take back Princess Jinpa while you run off with your tail between your legs. This would definitely enhance his standing within Tufan; he would be the one who rescued the princess where all the soldiers could not. He might even be legitimately considered a marriage candidate for Princess Rinchen due to his heroism.

B. You have a ‘fight’ with him and feign retreat due to Jixuan Wuni having the upper hand, trying to create for him the reputation of a man that can match you in battle. You do not hand over Princess Jinpa, however. You will not change the plan now, not when you’re so close; if she stays, she may still get married off to Zhang Manxing, and you can’t stand by and let someone like him happen to her.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Damn. Not a single unorthodox point.
I really don't want this girl, even if she does have a nice booty, and A sounds like a wonderful plan that helps Jixuan Wuni immensely with both his problems, while not giving us another burden. And we get to help the Empire by placing zhang the Inferior closer to the royal family.

Fangshi

Arcane
Hmmm... make Wuni a national hero. He saves the princess, defeats the evil ManTigerPig, yeah that could actually work and if it does it might spare both princesses while maintaining the status quo... Even if zhang does marry the younger one if Wuni and Rinchen stick around it should limit his power as well...

A

Esquilax

Arcane
The only downside here is that we'd have to really re-establish our reputation once we get back to China and get it into these orthodox motherfuckers heads that we're still the real deal. That being said, I think that there are some positives to having powerful orthodox types underestimating us...

A

Tigranes

Arcane
A.

And then maybe we can go chase the Third, instead of this shitty little girl who isn't even Qilingrade.

Baltika9

Arcane
The only downside here is that we'd have to really re-establish our reputation once we get back to China and get it into these orthodox motherfuckers heads that we're still the real deal. That being said, I think that there are some positives to having powerful orthodox types underestimating us...
The way it's described, we're pretending to be a pussy in both options, retreating because Jixuan is "tougher" than us. The only thing that sucks is if he won't recognize what we're doing here and will think us UNBRO for this.

Fangshi

Arcane
Baltika9 said:
The way it's described, we're pretending to be a pussy in both options, retreating because Jixuan is "tougher" than us. The only thing that sucks is if he won't recognize what we're doing here and will think us UNBRO for this.

I am sure he will know something is up when we do not demolish him, especially if we give up the princess. He knows he does not really stand a chance, but this is his girlfriend's little sister. The man has to try right?

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, he's nothing if not stubborn. Loyal husband with an indomitable will, fighting even when the going gets tough. Gotta respect that.

Esquilax

Arcane
I am sure he will know something is up when we do not demolish him. He knows he does not really stand a chance, but this is his girlfriend's little sister. The man has to try right?

This shit just makes me like and respect Wuni even more. The man is almost as YOLOTIGER as Jing is.

Nevill

Arcane
After we've trained him, he can't possibly think he is stronger than us. He is doing it because... well, because he is not all that smart, to be honest. He places too much importance on how things should be done 'properly'. If we were serious, it would only get him killed.

He has guts, I'll give him that, but we already knew this.

That said, I think that A is in everyone's best interests. If Wuni ascends the throne legimately, it solves the problem nicely, and the council can't force their decision on Princess Jinpa. What she does with her life would then be her own choice. If she wants to marry zhang then, so be it.

Esquilax

Arcane
After we've trained him, he can't possibly think he is stronger than us. He is doing it because... well, because he is not all that smart, to be honest. He places too much importance on how things should be done 'properly'. If we were serious, it would only get him killed.

If doing this for the sake of love and loyalty to Princess Rinchen makes Wuni stupid, then going through with the Hundred Man Battle must make Guo Fu a fucking genius compared to us.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A looks good.

Only thing I can vaguely see as trouble is the Bandit Prince deciding to make trouble here, and people expecting Wuni to whopp his ass, and the unfavourable consequences thereof.
But that's probably looking too far ahead right now.

Bloodshifter

Educated
B.

We Re helping our soon to be EX Bro either way and protecting the Little Princess(with bouncy booty). If we had killed her bride to be then totally A. No doubt. As is? B because we made her a fricking promise to take her to see the world.

I'll be damned if Yolo Tiger doesn't keep his promises.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom