Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
B.

We Re helping our soon to be EX Bro either way and protecting the Little Princess(with bouncy booty). If we had killed her bride to be then totally A. No doubt. As is? B because we made her a fricking promise to take her to see the world.

I'll be damned if Yolo Tiger doesn't keep his promises.
Like when he promised the orthodontists that he'd fight the pirates? :troll:

Voting A.

But here's a thought - we voted for not killing the douchebag Zhang, right? So if this works, what is stopping him from poisoning / backstabbing Wuni and making himself the only possible choice for the Princess? Is this a real concern or am I just being paranoid?

Baltika9

Arcane
It's possible but not likely, I think. zhang the Inferior won't be able to remove Jixuan Wuni easily with the clout A gives him. The guy will be a national hero and shit.
He'll just have to settle for Princess Bubble Butt.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Voting A.

But here's a thought - we voted for not killing the douchebag Zhang, right? So if this works, what is stopping him from poisoning / backstabbing Wuni and making himself the only possible choice for the Princess? Is this a real concern or am I just being paranoid?
If Wuni gains legitimacy to marry the princess, and if he's recognized as such, I doubt wossname can do anything about it without drawing suspicion to himself.

I hope you guys are right, I would hate it if all this just ends with him murdering his way to the top. It's something I would see an asshole like him trying and he does have that girl with him.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Actually... A might lead our Bro marrying Little Princess and the other guy bumping up to Crown Princess.

They wanted US to marry her for goodness sakes!
No, that is actually not right.
Princess Jinpa said:
“This is how things stand right now. Our council is split into two factions. One side supports our distant uncle, Prince Lobsang, who is now ruling in Lhasa. They propose that we reunite the two states in marriage to rid the bad blood between us and make for a stronger Tibetan kingdom. The other does not wish for such a reunification and supports Princess Rinchen, and to that end has proposed that my sister marry one of the brave fighters in the tournament to strengthen Tufan. There are only two choices that would work. This Zhang fellow, who has very good ties with the Tang dynasty and was invited by the deceased prince himself to the tournament. And Xu Jing, who has personal strength and would be a good general for our forces, and actually performed well in the tournament itself.
If Wuni is even stronger than Xu Jing, he would be the perfect candidate for Princess Rinchen.
Meanwhile, Princess Jinpa is free to marry anyone she wants.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Baltika9 - A
Fangshi - A
Esquilax - A
Tigranes - A
The Brazilian Slaughter - A
Anabanana - A
Nevill - A
ERYFKRAD - A
Bloodshifter - B
Azira - A
Rex Feral - A
Zero Credibility - A
asxetos - A
Smashing Axe - B
archaen - B
Kz3r0 - A
ScubaV - A
Kipeci - B
profreshinal - A
Tribute - B

Current tally:

A - 15
B - 5

:hmmm:

Last edited:

ScubaV

Prophet
A seems like the best way to salvage the situation and dump our baggage so we can focus on the important stuff, namely Yunzi.

Kipeci

Arcane
B.

I don't want zhang marrying this girl, fuck that. If that requires Wuni and Rinchen to go on the run for their love, so be it, but getting this girl married to that creep and placing him in a position with all the power and influence of a Tibetan general is bad for everyone. Maybe if we'd voted B1 A would be a viable option, but I can't believe how staggeringly popular it is.

That we also make Wuni seems like a badass in B is even less reason to go for A.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That we also make Wuni seems like a badass in B is even less reason to go for A.
There is a difference between being a badass who failed at rescuing the princess and being a hero who saved the day.

What I assume would happen is that if Wuni gains enough fame and becomes someone who would satisfy the second council faction, there would be no reason to force Sonam Jinpa to marry zhang. She can decide if it is worth is for herself. If she does it anyway, good for Tang, I suppose. If she doesn't, good for us.

If she starts pining for a tall, good-looking and extremely charming boy with an eye-patch - good for harem.

Last edited:

profreshinal

Arcane
Voting A

If wuni is the strong man everyone can stay and there's no need anymore for anyone to marry Zhang.

Kipeci

Arcane
Why do we give so much of a shit about Wuni? Tibet won't be friendly to us even if he and Rinchen head it up, not after Jing kicked an ax through the last king's chest and kidnapped a princess while breaking out of prison. They can perfectly well be lovers on the run if him going toe to toe with Jing isn't convincing enough. If 'rescuing' the princess doesn't do enough to make marrying zhang something that they don't need to do, the nobles would still want those marriage ties to Tang, and they would have the princess right there with them.

Consigning her to be married to one of the more repulsive characters of the CYOA this far while also empowering that scumbag with the role and resources of a Tibetan general is just not an option. I genuinely can't understand why you'd vote for it unless you just wanted to dump the princess at the exclusion of all else, in which case why did we even bother to kidnap her?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom