Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Okay. Now please explain why zhang marries Rinchen and Wuni doesn't, if the plan works.

Or did you mean Wuni? Or Jinpa?

Last edited:

Tribute

Arbiter
Wuni marries Rinchen, Jinpa gets stuck with Zhang. This is the part I have a problem with.

Nevill

Arcane
Alright. Now, bear with me.

Why does Jinpa need to get married at all?

Let's forget about Lobsang for a second. The country needs a ruler, and the council presses Rinchen to choose a husband that could serve as a general.

The council: you must marry either zhang or MTP.
Rinchen: screw you, I am marrying Wuni. Talk to my sister.
The council: then your sister has to marry one of the two.

Now, why is MTP on the list, and Wuni isn't?

If you answer that, you might be able to see A this way:

The council: you must marry either zhang or Wuni.
Rinchen: screw you, I am marrying... I mean, I live to serve.
The council: ok then.

Nowhere it is said that both sisters have to marry. Curtently they only need one to fulfill the wishes of the council.

Last edited:

asxetos

Augur
Wuni marries Rinchen, Jinpa gets stuck with Zhang. This is the part I have a problem with.
She doesnt get stuck with zhang necessarily.
Half the council that requires a marriage, want a princess to marry a great figher (for whatever reason...). They did not consider Wuni a great fighter at that point, and that is why it was proposed that the small princess marries zhang or us. If Wuni 'defeats' us then he will probably be considered a great fighter and eligible husband, so he can get married with his true love and zhang will be left alone with his hand for compensation.
Atleast thats what we are hoping for.

Baltika9

Arcane

I don't see where the problem is. zhang the Inferior gets pussy-whipped by his new Strong and Empowered (TM) wife, his drug rapist days are behind him and he's stuck as imperial liaison in a ministerial position (who in their right minds would make him a general? the guy sucks at combat).

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Beyond Tufan

Jixuan Wuni needs no incentive to begin the fight. He takes the offensive, approaching you quickly with his qinggong. Cradling the Tufan princess, you defend against his attacks laboriously with one arm. His speed is such that he manages to get some legitimate blows in on you; you wince as his fists strike your ribs, propelling you backwards. Jixuan Wuni frowns: he knows that you are capable of being faster than that.

“It looks like you were holding back during the tournament, Jixuan Wuni!” you exclaim. Then, you go on the attack. Your claw attacks just miss him by a hair’s breadth, smashing into the stone as you dance around the man, exchanging blows with him until you walk right into the path of his kick. As you stagger back from its force, he stretches out for Princess Jinpa. You discreetly push her forth so that his hand reaches her. Jixuan Wuni grabs hold of the princess, and you topple backwards over the wall, a look of utter surprise etched clearly on your face for all to see.

All it takes is for a simple somersault for you to land on your feet. The moment you touch the ground, you sprint for the trees, where you had last seen Qilin and Cao’er. The gates would likely open soon, sending forth soldiers who would like nothing better than to hunt you down. You will have to leave Tufan quickly. As you enter the woods, you see their tracks, leading further in – you follow it quickly.

Then, you arrive at a clearing.

Zhang Manxing is there, grinning wildly at you, the side of his face bandaged from the injury you inflicted. A dozen of his lackeys are present too; the two girls are held up with swords to their throats. Qilin tries to talk, but the blade at her neck presses in firmly. “No words from you, bitch,” growls the thug.

“Well well, Xu Jing,” says Zhang smoothly as he whips out a folding fan and plays with it while pacing about in a cultured manner. “Bet you didn’t see this coming, did you?”

“No, but then again, I didn’t see any balls on you.”

His scowl is ugly, distorting his fine features. “Such a tongue on you!”

“Yes, I’ve been told that,” you say, grinning.

He shakes the fan at you angrily, his eyes dark and hateful. “You won’t be smiling for much longer. Make a single move and these two beauties will get their throats slit, as wasteful as it would be.”

You glance at Qilin; she shakes her head almost imperceptibly, though you can tell that the rest of her body is immobilized via pressure points, as is Cao’er. There doesn’t seem to be any fear in her eyes – she has something up her sleeve. You decide to trust in her and play along.

“Very well, I won’t move,” you sigh. “What next?”

“What next indeed… maybe the boys and I should just fuck them in front of you, eh? How would you like that? Hah, by the time I’m done they’ll be begging for more.” His men holler with approval. A leer on his face, Zhang Manxing swaggers over to Cao’er, a dagger appearing in his hand. “Let’s start with the unkempt one. I’m curious about what’s inside all those layers of rags.” With a whistle, he runs the sharp point of the dagger down the front of Cao’er’s clothes, slicing them open.

He only finds more layers underneath.

Zhang’s brow furrows as he lets out an impatient groan. “Well, let’s continue until we see something good.”

You see Cao’er’s fingers beginning to wiggle. Somehow, she has managed to undo the immobilization all by herself. A look of murderous rage surfaces in her eyes as her hand twitches, unnoticed by the hooting men.

You tense up; you are not sure whether to let her act. You promised Yao, after all. You can reach Zhang Manxing in a single leap. You can do that. Take his arm off before his men can react. Crush the skull of the one holding Qilin hostage, then stab the one holding up Cao'er in the ear. You focus, your fingers steeling themselves for the bloodshed to come...

“Would someone please tell me what is going on here?”

Zhang freezes with a strangled noise in his throat, his hand jerking so much in fright that the dagger drops to the ground.

Out of the shadows appears Gao Ying, Xiaofang following behind him with a wide-eyed look on her face. He looks at you, and you look back at him. Then, he sighs.

“Young Master Zhang,” says Gao Ying quietly.

“Y-yes, Eunuch Gao?” squeaks Zhang nervously.

“Let the two girls go.”

“Look, Eunuch Gao, this is just a little harmless fun. You are best friends with my godfather, Grand Eunuch Wang, aren’t you? I’m sure you-“

“Let the two girls go, please,” repeats Gao Ying, more politely this time.

This time, he complies, desperately beckoning at his men to free the girls. With a few jabs they are able to move again. Cao’er runs to you, burying her head in your chest as she throws her arms around you in a squeeze that takes the breath out of you. Qilin just walks to your side, glaring at Zhang Manxing and his men. “I’ll have them dead. Painfully,” she mutters under her breath. “Are you alright?” you ask in concern. She nods. “No problem. If they had tried touching me they would soon regret it.”

“Eunuch-“ begins Zhang, but Gao cuts him off with an authoritative wave of his hand. “Head to the rendezvous point, Young Master Zhang. His Majesty is waiting for your report.” With a hurried bow, Zhang complies, running off with his men.

Gao Ying turns to you. “Xu Jing.” He gives you a nod.

“You seem to have that little weasel whipped,” you say. “Why do you keep him around anyway?”

“The Zhang clan is still extremely influential, and he has his uses,” replies Gao without a hint of hesitation. “I have received a report from Xiaofang on what has happened in Dukezong. We did not expect your presence, and things are moving quickly in a direction we had not planned for.”

“Is Tufan so important that Shun is dragging his lazy ass all the way out here?”

“You can ask His Majesty yourself. Actually, we have been trying to find you when it turned out that you had left Yinhu Island. His Majesty has an urgent mission for you back in Tang lands. There is trouble with the Eight Sects.”

“Really. Why would he need me to investigate the orthodox sects?”

“Why would I lie to you?” smiles Gao Ying grimly. “His Majesty has his reasons, and unfortunately due to the nature of my commitments I am unable to help him with this particular issue. Of course, it is up to you whether you want to come or not. His Majesty was very clear on that point. I do not have the time to explain any further.”

You hear shouts coming from the direction of the city, and torches moving in the woods. It looks like your pursuers are coming. You would have to decide quickly.

A. You go with Gao Ying to meet Shun. If he has come all the way out here, he must have important plans for Tufan… though it could just be that he is stretching his legs instead of sitting in the palace growing fat. If the situation in the Central Plains is as urgent as it seems, you should return as quickly as possible.

B. You decline. You will find out what it is after you get back to the Central Plains at your own pace. In the meantime, you will head over to the Fire Temple to rendezvous with Yunzi first – she must have gone ahead back to the temple, and though she might not be expecting your arrival, you would like to visit the place anyway.

Rex Feral

Prophet
How about we visit Yunzi first then go with Gao Ying? Come on, they can't be mutually exclusive.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The Fire Temple is three days away from here. Sure, you can tell Gao Ying to go tell Shun to wait wherever they are until you finish whatever you want to do at the Fire Temple. That's B.

Fangshi

Arcane
B. The smart and loyal thing to do is to go with A but to hell with it. There will always be a crisis, might as well take care of our own business first.

asxetos

Augur
Cant we get the quest from Shun, then go pick up Yunzi and go back to the Central Plains? We dont have to waste time at the Fire Temple if the quest is so urgent.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sure, you can go talk to the Emperor first and then figure if you have time to hit up the Fire Temple. That's A.

Nevill

Arcane
B. The smart and loyal thing to do is to go with A but to hell with it. There will always be a crisis, might as well take care of our own business first.
Loyal, yes. Smart, not so much. If they can't run their Empire without our help, might as well let it crumble.

A

Our Emperor needs help, our country needs help. Yunzi doesn't appear to need our help right now. We came, we saw her, we killed off our competition, we'll see her later. Plus maybe we can find out from Shun what is this about and maybe have that Zhang bastard regret his actions for the rest of his suddenly short looking life. What's the equivalent of getting transferred to Antarctica in this setting?

Nevill

Arcane
Think of it as training for running a Khanate.
Eh, no. We are not running Shun's Empire for him. And when we become khan, we will not be running to him screaming 'bro, help me, bro!' at a first sign of trouble.

Eh, that doesn't sound bad enough. Aren't there any islands with cannibal tribes he could be send to?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom