Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Tribute

Arbiter
Yes, but people were suggesting only hitting the people we actually hate with the laxatives.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yes, but people were suggesting only hitting the people we actually hate with the laxatives.
So that leaves the Wudang and Shaolin representatives and Miazhou? Three adversaries are better than eight, I suppose. We could kite Miazhou with her nuns when we were just a boy, and the two representatives aren't even masters.

Kipeci

Arcane
Yes, this is the less risky option. But how do you reinstate Song Lingshu as a head after that? It still leaves Mao in charge of the sect.

She has her own supporters and friends, let her make use of them when she feels she is ripe to return and reassert control. Mao's leadership will be shaken by this turn of events, though admittedly not nearly as much as the wedding replacement thing.

Qingcheng is still disrupted, the wedding is called off and we have the opportunity to carry on our research in peace. I'd call that a win.

Nevill

Arcane
She has her own supporters and friends, let her make use of them when she feels she is ripe to return and reassert control. Mao's leadership will be shaken by this turn of events, though admittedly not nearly as much as the wedding replacement thing.

Qingcheng is still disrupted, the wedding is called off and we have the opportunity to carry on our research in peace. I'd call that a win.
Well, yes. Still a win, but 'not nearly as much'.

What is stopping Sanjiao from launching a search for Lingshu? Will you have her traveling with us? She will be spotted with us eventually, and our involvement will become known. Then we'll have enraged Sanjiao on our heels. I'd rather get rid of him now if that's at all possible.

profreshinal

Arcane
B feels like a theseus option to me.

let's look at B from BJ's view. BJ has 2 reasons to not want the marriage to go through. BJ doesn't want the Qingcheng Sect to grow big under Mao Sanjiao and BJ wants Miss song for BJ. BJ gets neither of his goals in B. Mao Sanjiao gets to consolidate power now that the only person that's a threat to his power voluntarily leaves. Miss Song is now also traveling with Jing a rival in combat/love. BJ has plenty of reason to make that plan fail and at least get Jing out of the way by doing so.

Nevill

Arcane
profreshinal said:
and BJ wants Miss song for BJ
No he doesn't. :)

In fact, he (she?) does not want it so much that she forces us to take care of Lingshu, as much as she despises us, if only she does not have to.

Anabanana

Augur
BJ is an upright gentle(wo)man and will have none of this eloping tomfoolery, thank you very much.

Tribute

Arbiter
BJ is an upright gentle(wo)man and will have none of this eloping tomfoolery, thank you very much.
BJ knows nothing of romance. Being a dashing hero and stealing a young woman away from an unhappy marriage is exactly what you do!

a cut of domestic sheep prime

It's more that he doesn't want to risk his/his sect's rep. Being manipulative > love. :dio:

Plenty of time for him to put the moves on her later, and he knew we wouldn't accept because half the 'dex is closet homo.

Tribute

Arbiter
Of course, we all know the real reason is because he's been a girl the whole time and isn't into other girls.

profreshinal

Arcane
If BJ is only in this for rep, Jing gives the most rep and BJ wouldn't have gone through to this part of the plan.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

No, I'm sure he did. let me go look it up - it might have been lost in the roll-back, but I'll check.

edit: Ok, Nevill:
Bai Jiutian is not a girl, just to make it clear before anyone tries to add him to the harem. I just thought it would be slightly more amusing a scenario for E(Bai Jiutian), that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anabanana

Augur
What? Bai Jiutian proposed the idea to Jing.

Bai Jiutian said:
If you want to run away so much, why don’t you take the responsibility for it?”

Just because BJT is above this eloping business doesn't mean he can't hand over the dirty work to somebody else. ;)

Tribute

Arbiter
To be fair, he might think this sort of thing is right up our alley. This might be his version of doing us a favour, while still making it look like a gesture of contempt.

Nevill

Arcane
To be fair, he might think this sort of thing is right up our alley. This might be his version of doing us a favour, while still making it look like a gesture of contempt.
I guess we should not pretend to know the depths of his strange and depraved mind...

Esquilax

Arcane
I must dissuade you bros from the incredibly weak-as-fuck, pussy half-measure that is B. We get Song Lingshu out of there, but Mao is still firmly in control of the sect and nothing is resolved. In A, even though I disagree with it for a multitude of reasons, at least we're attempting to do something about Mao Sanjiao. B will change absolutely nothing about the situation.

What about the rest of the guests we make shit their pants? Or are we only giving laxatives to Uncle Mao?

If possible, I'd like to know if we can avoid injecting a few people with the serum or use Qilin's light touch and sleight-of-hand to prick them with the antidote when she serves them. The only people I'd try to maybe give an antidote to would be Abbess Miaozhu, possibly the Wudang and Shaolin reps, and Bai Jiutian. Only the first one is really a big deal for me, as I'd like to visit Emei after our little adventure here.

We can't give the laxatives to just Mao, because logistics aside, we need most of the guests to be in diarrhea-land while Jing makes his escape.

This argument that the eight sects won't mind us poisoning them with laxatives and will still be totally chill with us is really dumb.
This will be a huge insult from us to them and make our life difficult, extremely so.

Oh, they'll definitely mind. We'll take a rep hit with each of the schools we get with laxatives. For reference, our pirate adventure with the Minamoto dropped us by -10 with pretty much every major sect, so I think that's a decent benchmark. Taishan, Kunlun and Huashan rep I don't care about, but taking a hit from Wudang and Shaolin would suck. The Beggars are a bit of a wild card, I'm not certain - maybe they don't like this new Chief of theirs. But for the sake of argument, let's assume we also take a -10 rep hit there too. We obviously can't fight our way out of this gathering, so the laxatives are a must in C.

Yeah, that's a very good question for everyone voting C1/C2.

How do we get out of there after the reveal?

Well, C voters are pretty much exclusively gunning for C1. In this particular case, the laxatives will deprive the guests of their fighting edge. It's also sort of hard to chase someone down with your bowels exploding all over the place.

Oh, and Lambchop19, if you're voting for it, B1 is a terrible idea. Laxatives are completely unnecessary there because we'd just be getting Lingshu out of there.

Kipeci

Arcane
Well, yes. Still a win, but 'not nearly as much'.

What is stopping Sanjiao from launching a search for Lingshu? Will you have her traveling with us? She will be spotted with us eventually, and our involvement will become known. Then we'll have enraged Sanjiao on our heels. I'd rather get rid of him now if that's at all possible.

I'm still not seeing much of a point to 'winning' here, though we've discussed that to death already. My point of view is that not causing trouble with them right now will make it more likely that we'll be able to hit the books and gather some leads, after which we may go wherever they take us. I would hope that we would be able to do this before everyone figures out about Song.

It should be noted that while C will utterly humiliate him and severely damage his future prospects he will still the the short term have all those piles of cash and so on, so there's still the problem of him being outraged and out for our blood if we don't kill him... and if we do that, other people will have problems with us, obviously. He won't have half so much of a grudge against us in B as in C, and so long as we're able to hit the books and figure out what we need first I'm actually not fearful of his counterattack. Let him hire mercenaries or whatever, but he should hope that he's bought his money's worth or they're all going to die.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom