Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Akkudakku

Arbiter
She still will be bro but will be disilusioned about world. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. We are removing the worst scum here.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Tally:
Baltika9 B2
Kipeci A1
ERYFKRAD Bx
Akkudakku A1>B1
Azira B1>A1
Fangshi B1>B2
ScubaV A1
Jester A1
Elfberserker B2>A1
Esquilax B2>A1
Zero Credibility B1>B2
Tribute A1>B2
Tigranes B2>C
Lambchop19 C>B2>A1
Kz3r0 A1
Rex Feral C>B2>A1
Kashmir Slippers A2>A1
XenomorphII A1
TOME B1>B2>C
Nevill B2>C
skaraher A1>B1
GreyViper B2>A1
Absinthe A2>B2

A1 - 8 (10)
A2 - 2 (0)
Bx - 1
B1 - 4 (0)
B2 - 6 (12)
C - 2 (0)
Someone else should count the flops.

So what it comes donwn to:
A1 - kill manxing, use the tech because there will be no witnesses.
A2 - kill manxing, but there might be someone watching, or someone might escape. Better be safe.
B1 - don't kill manxing, show him the tech and let him tell everyone about it because 'lol, let's master it'
B2 - don't kill manxing, don't show him the tech because it is supposed to be a secret for now
C - the fuck it option.

So far the votes for killing and not killing him were split equally. But while there is an agreement whether or not to use the tech between A voters, there is no such whings among those who vote B.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
Right. I just came up to me that Song Linshu might be so disappointed in us killing zhang that she might return back. Not probable but possible.

We should concern ourselves more with her reaction which is real and guaranteed rather than with imagined scenarios where Shulgi Jiutan comes out of nowhere and foils our plans.

Bai Jiutian is the most foul villain that treave has created yet. Like Dio, his ambitions are endless and he can play people like a puppeteer. Like Shulgi, he is everywhere at once, lurking around every corner. Like Theseus, he will stab us in the throat every time that we offer help. He is Theogenes Shulgi.

We can't even speculate on whether BJ is around, but we know that it's probably just Manxing and his buddies for now. That being said, I'd appreciate if the first impression that we make on Miss Song after two years since the last time we saw her was a good one. I think she'd get over us killing these guys eventually, but it would definitely put some friction between us. She's pretty naive and she just understand that the unorthodox world is a lot rougher.

Song Lingshu stops you. Someone can run really fast. zhang was followed without him noticing. A bear falls down on you from a nearby pinetree. Bai Jiutian is Shulgi.

There are a lot of reasons it can backfire horribly on us, not all of them combat-related.

And it is dumb to speculate on shit falling out of the sky to foil our plans:

A bit of advice for the future: don't plan for bad luck when making the choices. Luck is capricious and unpredictable, even the bad sort. You're not at the level of terrible luck that you know will happen consistently, all day, every day, so heading into every choice thinking that you should try to predict any misfortune about to happen is only going to be a tiring waste of time.

I can make up a million reasons too with why you shouldn't go with any choice at any time. Your imagination can lead you astray and make you overthink things and envision all sorts of crazy situations, which is probably why ten pages between updates are the norm. We joke all the time about how we should avoid Shulgi Hunting, honored Codexian pastime it might be, but we're doing it here right now a little bit.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Ah fuck it, I'll flop to C>B2>A1. That makes my vote a B2.

One of these days we clearly have to go out on a manhunt for every character we hate.

Baltika9

Arcane
We can't even speculate on whether BJ is around, but we know that it's probably just Manxing and his buddies for now. That being said, I'd appreciate if the first impression that we make on Miss Song after two years since the last time we saw her was a good one. I think she'd get over us killing these guys eventually, but it would definitely put some friction between us. She's pretty naive and she just understand that the unorthodox world is a lot rougher.
Yeah, you're right. I came here to make allies with the future Qingcheng sect head, and have her speak for us and the Cult in the future. Flopping to B2 for now until Khorne overtakes me again.

Uncle Tulu won't appreciate the sentiment, though, so might as well go get hitched to Qilin and ask about Madam Nie after this.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Congratulations, gentlemen, we have a perfect tie. Again.

Edit: Oops, not with Baltika9's flop. Ok.

Absinthe

Arcane
We're in a forest with nobody else around for miles, and unless Bai Jiutian is out in the bushes with a pair of binoculars to spy on us
This is exactly what I'm worried about. Bai Jiutian sent him our way. He knows where we all are. There are decent odds he would "arrive too late" to supposedly help us out or warn us and conveniently happen to have spied on our martial arts. This seems very much like something he would do, and I don't want BJ knowing we have this skill.

A2>B2 for me.

Absinthe

Arcane
Did you not read about the storm of violence that follows the hunt for the 3 legendary skills? Entire jianghu covered in a bloodbath, families eradicated, etc. If we get known for having the Wuxiang Qiankun skill this early, we will have stupid huge amounts of trouble. Not just the orthodox sects, also the bandit kingdoms and other unorthodox factions will chase us and our friends for the technique. Expect traps, ambushes, poisons, blackmail, fucking everything to get us to spill the beans.

Tigranes

Arcane
It's very different when we're talking about a technique only somone with access to the Secret Manuaal everyone is looking for and willing to do ANYTHING for will have.

Kipeci

Arcane
How recognizeable is it really when the point of the technique at this atage is to copy the moves of someone else, though?

Anabanana

Augur
I'm going to go with C, as useless as it might be at this point. We can kill the barking dog later, when Song Lingshu isn't involved.

EDIT: Make that a C > A2.

Last edited:

Rex Feral

Prophet
So B2 takes it with two votes ahead. We're playing so safe it's like wearing two condoms at once.

Absinthe

Arcane
It's not a risk worth taking. Bai Jiutian would most likely recognize it. He seems to have a decent Per and Int score. We can clear these fools without using the Wuxiang Qiankun skill. Nobody is going to be surprised that we've mastered Shouwang Mad Claws. Sorry but we need to be paranoid about this and practice Wuxiang Qiankun quietly with friends for now.

I'm all for A2, to be honest. If the A1 voters would switch to A2 we could just kill him the old-fashioned way.

Tigranes

Arcane
Wouldn't it be hilarious if the safest B2 won and then Zhang turns out actually to be a powerful fighter and manages to hurt Song or something?

Kipeci

Arcane
Ax, whatever, I'll vote that. I don't see why BJ would rush out here to creep out in the bushes specifically to Jing's techniques (why would he care and lower himself like this?) but A winning takes priority over leaving any witnesses.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
B1 - don't kill manxing, show him the tech and let him tell everyone about it because 'lol, let's master it'
show him the tech and let him tell everyone
let him tell everyone about it

"Hey everyone! Man Tiger Pig kicked my ass in the nearby forest! He had some super tech that allowed him to copy my moves! I'm equal to Bai Jituan. Lol did I mention Man Tiger Pig kicked my ass?"

Somehow I don't see this happening.

Esquilax

Arcane
This is exactly what I'm worried about. Bai Jiutian sent him our way. He knows where we all are. There are decent odds he would "arrive too late" to supposedly help us out or warn us and conveniently happen to have spied on our martial arts. This seems very much like something he would do, and I don't want BJ knowing we have this skill.

Well, Bai Jiutian does have a history of spying on us to get a better understanding of us:

“No need for vulgarities here, Man Tiger Pig,” says Bai Jiutian calmly. “True, as an upstanding orthodox pugilist I should capture the evil fire witch and have her do penance for the crimes she has committed – that is what my master would want, but…”

“But?”

“Well, I do not need to explain myself to you of all people – I do believe we are not that close.” His smile is gracious and kind, but it feels false and bitter to you. “Now that I have seen what I came here to see, it is time for me to move on to the next item on my agenda.”

That being said, he could be spinning the narrative over at Qingcheng rather than spying on us here. I'm leaning towards that being more likely, because as Huashan's representative, he should probably remain at the wedding and maintain his public persona there.

I thought we'd stopped with trying to hide our techniques at the end of the tournament?

This isn't just any technique:

“Xu Jing, be careful about this. These manuals are not something to take lightly. People have died for them, entire families exterminated down to the last child and dog,” warns Miecao. “The last time they were sought, a hundred years ago, the entire jianghu was consumed in a bloodbath.”

If people know that we have this technique, it will put us in a world of shit. They'll do anything to get it, up to and including mercilessly killing everybody close to us.

How recognizeable is it really when the point of the technique at this atage is to copy the moves of someone else, though?

treave can confirm, but I suppose someone with a good understanding of inner strength might be able to sense the change in our qi. Zhang Manxing won't in a situation like B1, because he is an idiot, but I see other problems down the road in that particular choice. If I'm Bai Jiutian and Manxing tells me that Xu Jing somehow could withstand blows with the Shaolin Jinzhongzhao technique, while simultaneously somehow being able to counter with a Huashan sword technique and another Taiji Sword one, I'd definitely realize that something is up. Either Xu Jing has spies in all Eight Sects - unlikely, because we're broke - or he possesses a legendary technique.

"Hey everyone! Man Tiger Pig kicked my ass in the nearby forest! He had some super tech that allowed him to copy my moves! I'm equal to Bai Jituan. Lol did I mention Man Tiger Pig kicked my ass?"

Somehow I don't see this happening.

Well, he'll boast and lie to everybody else and make up a story, but Bai Jiutian engineered his arrival here, so he'll probably press him for the real story. The fact that we somehow knew all of these Eight Sects techniques despite being neck-deep in the unorthodox world and having virtually no contacts there would be a big clue.

Tigranes

Arcane
TOME "hey everyone! I caught MTP and was totally kicking his ass when he pulled out this very strange and unknown move where he could copy my moves! He's lucky that i've never seen that before and was simply so surprised, otherwise i would have kicked his ass!"

Kipeci

Arcane
He had no problems mentioning that he lost to Jing because Jing 'cheated' a couple of updates back. It's stupid to leave him alive even if he doesn't see us use the technique.

Tigranes

Arcane
I could come around to A2. I think it''s unlikely BJ would have come too or send everyone after us. I'd like to kill him if we can.

Baltika9

Arcane
He had no problems mentioning that he lost to Jing because Jing 'cheated' a couple of updates back. It's stupid to leave him alive even if he doesn't see us use the technique.
Yeah, he spun it so he was holding back and Jing beat him because of cheating. If he says he was holding back here, with Lingshu on the line, he'll be viewed as an idiot. Yeah, he won't admit it when we kick his ass together with Lingshu in B.

Moreover, leaving five corpses here is kinda dumb as it casts suspicion on the whole escape. What if Miss Song was kidnapped and the heroic Manxing dies trying to save her?
Because everyone knows Lingshu won't kill a man if she has a choice. Let's kick this clown's ass and GTFO. The dude is a joke.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I agree that he'll blab to EVERYONE about our technique if we use it. "Man Tiger Pig cheated using some technique to copy my moves. Bai told me it sounds like one of the forbidden techniques! BLAHLBLAHBLAH!" That said, I see nothing wrong with leaving him alive if we don't use it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom