Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
I must admit the rollback is tempting here. Just the short description had me laughing.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I feel the murder overtaking me. Flopping back to A1.

But I agree with Anabanana relationships shouldn't be based on lies. We shouldn't try to appear some goody two shoes just so that we can gain approval points with her, that be more Bai Jiutan style, manipulating her into thinking we're something we're not.

On condition that we play our own scene where we justify ourselves for killing him, stating he is a rapist and a murderor. Preferably with Qilin backing us up.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yunzi wasn't really there though, right? Does that mean we were captured and imprisoned, then she heard about it broke us out?

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Yunzi wasn't really there though, right? Does that mean we were captured and imprisoned, then she heard about it broke us out?
Might have happened this way. Masters wouldnt get poisoned with their mad poison detection...

Jester

Arbiter
Hmm if we will use this
Wuxiang Qiankun Skill (無相乾坤功, Formless Universe Skill)
Level 1: A legendary neigong technique that births form from formlessness, allowing the user to imitate both the form and essence of another’s techniques even if it would normally require years of practice or decades of inner strength cultivation. You are able to mimic the techniques of practitioners with a lower level of internal energy when in an orderly state.
On person who is famed as combined 8 sects pupil who had been proven to be inferior to us... Will we get all techs he will use, or this works only on neigong?

I believe treave said the knowledge would fade quickly. I'd take a lot of sustained practice over a week with the same skills for us to retain them longer. Maybe at higher levels of the skill?

Jester

Arbiter
Ah, yes indeed. I cannot fail to comprehend that us fighting Zhang Manxing is all part of a plan. A plan we'd best avoid. Flopping to C. Damn is this guy lucky.
So what's Zhang's luck score? 8? 9?

That would explain how he managed to get taught by everybody, and why he's convinced he can just walk into any situation and have things work out for him.
Hey its our missing rouge?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Not at this point. But should you let him live until you learn how to memorize techs quickly, you can farm all the basic techniques from him.

It's a jRPG strategy.

I told you, she had a false beard. :lol:

Edit: +1 speech arrived when you convinced Bai to help.

Why you...treave! THERE WERE PARROTS, MAN. I BELIEVED THE PARROTS!!1 :rage:

It was more the part about the unrepentant rape and how the 8 sects were being total hypocrites by allowing him to hold such a high position when at least some of them HAVE to know that swayed me.

We are Man Tiger Pig. In the absence of justice, we must become justice.:rpgcodex:

Jester

Arbiter
Hmm dunno why, but i expect that all masters will give chase to us. Must be this place getting to me.

Esquilax

Arcane
And what happens to our reps with the sects?

You could say that our rep goes... right down the shitter.

:yeah:

Anabanana has convinced me. However, as a permanently paranoid Codexian who thinks that Shulgi is everywhere (what kind of CYOA participant would I be otherwise!) I will flop to A2. I think we can kill these guys without much problem either way, and I'd rather keep Song Lingshu in the dark about our broken technique for now. Not because I don't trust her, but for her own safety. It's bad enough that Cao'er and Qilin know about everything, but unless it's a matter of life and death, I'd prefer to avoid revealing our new tricks.*

* Unless Song Lingshu is willing to teach us her arsenal of Qingcheng moves later... my morality is flexible that way.

Flop to A2>A1

Last edited:

Ganymede

Learned
And what happens to our reps with the sects?
How about reputation? What would Song Linshu think about it?

Who gives a shit? The moment has gone, passed. You had the chance and you flushed it.

Codex has somehow become a bunch of equivocating pansies desperate not to offend anyone's delicate sensibilities. Needs a swift kick up the ass.

A1

Flopped to B1

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
If we're not going to rollback, can we please at least get a full write-up of what could have been, treave? Pleaaaaaase?

No, it would make us all long even more for what might have been. What's gone is gone, never to return.

:negative:

We have abandoned the way of the YOLOTIGER for the foul sorcery and boredom of the RESPONSIBLETIGER. Can we ever be forgiven?

Anabanana

Augur
This CYOA is doing a piss-poor job of living up to its name. We're supposed to be a fucking LEGEND. Jesus fucking christ people. :x

kazgar

Arcane
Hmm I think killing Shit-Zhang will be doable with or without technique, but I think our LCK 1 will let one of the mooks escape, but it'll come down to if the people back at the former wedding location will believe said mook if we use the mystery technique.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I can't believe we missed out on this. :negative:

If we're not going to rollback, can we please at least get a full write-up of what could have been, treave? Pleaaaaaase?

Uh, no, I'm not going to waste my time writing it up. If you guys wanted to read it, you should have picked it.

Esquilax

Arcane
Hmm I think killing Shit-Zhang will be doable with or without technique, but I think our LCK 1 will let one of the mooks escape, but it'll come down to if the people back at the former wedding location will believe said mook if we use the mystery technique.

Who knows man, we can't even begin to speculate on the whims of fate for any choice that we make. I doubt anybody anticipated the Tufan Prince taking an axe to the chest either. The Wuxiang Qiangkun Skill is a ridiculously powerful technique and we've already kicked Zhang Manxing's ass without it. Crazy strokes of bad luck aside, which we can't predict anyways, we would tear these guys to shreds in the blink of an eye.

This CYOA is doing a piss-poor job of living up to its name. We're supposed to be a fucking LEGEND. Jesus fucking christ people.

I think the whole Lord of the Fire Temple thing has gotten some of us thinking that we need to be proper and respectable now. I mean, it's not a completely a bad idea - clearing the Fire Cult's name and getting to the bottom of the wuxia conspiracy here would help, even if it's overly respectable... but we're fucking Codexers, we don't know how to be respectable. Not giving a fuck about what the Eight Sects think of us has been how we roll ever since we cut down Rong Zhiyu at Songfeng, and honestly, it's generally worked for us. Not saying we should go out of our way to piss off bro sects like Wudang and Shaolin, but we really did a 180 on the previous choice given our history of YOLOTIGERing and tournament antics.

We also would have finally had the same Unorthodoxy as Master Zhang (-500) if we went through with the Brown Wedding! We missed a chance to make him proud of us.

:negative:

Tally

ScubaV A1
Jester A1
Kz3r0 A1
SirArvedeth A1
Sunnmøring A1>A2
Tribute A1>B2
Akkudakku A1>B1
skaraher A1>B1
Lambchop19 A1
Anabanana A1
Ganymede A1
Rex Feral A1

Kashmir Slippers A2>A1
Absinthe A2>B2
XenomorphII A2
Esquilax A2>A1

Ifeex Ax
Kipeci Ax

Azira B1>A1
Fangshi B1>B2
Zero Credibility B1>B2
Grimgravy B1>B2>C
TOME B1>B2>C

Elfberserker B2>A1
Nevill B2>C
Baltika9 B2
GreyViper B2>A1
Tigranes B2>C
Anabanana C>A2

ERYFKRAD Bx

Raw votes:
A1 - 11
A2 - 4
Ax - 2
B1 - 5
B2 - 5
Bx - 1
C - 1

Tallied it up, Absinthe. No use counting flops here, A1 has a very strong lead.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Could we have a tally again?

EDIT: Counted conditional flops. A2 flops first, so with my vote B2 out-votes B1, so B1 votes flop to B2 also.

A1 - 17
B2 - 11

I'll just flop A1 then to make the vote more definitive:

A1 - 18
B1 - 5
B2 - 5
Bx - 1

Which brings it to this. 4 of the B1 votes will flop B2 if B2 takes a lead. 2 of the B2 votes flop A1 if B1 takes a lead.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom