Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Bioware interview at CVG, part II

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
This 'marketer' is a CEO, and if you actually read the interview, he lists more than a few other games as well as BIO's own. He ven specifically sucks G3's cock in both parts of the interview.

R00fles!

DemonKing

Arcane
Much as I regreat trying to argue with Magical Volo...

Volourn said:
Their heavy handed, and hands on approach to marketing is one of the reasons they are still in business.

If nobody hears about your product; they won't buy it. Duh.

Then why is it when a journalist asks Gabe Newell (of Valve fame) what he thinks about Windows Vista or the PS3 he actually gives an honest and direct answer and doesn't have to say something like "I'm looking forward to brining future episodes of the Half Life franchise out on these exciting next generation platforms"?

It seems to me Valve isn't doing too badly without having to hype themselves to the stars every time someone from the media asks them a question unrelated to their own product.

Voss

Erudite
Because he's a different person with a different style and approach? Plus he knows most shooter fans aren't actually literate, so there isn't a point?

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Volourn said:
Their heavy handed, and hands on approach to marketing is one of the reasons they are still in business.

If nobody hears about your product; they won't buy it. Duh.

You think the BIO CEOs agree to do these interviews for the hell of it or to beef up the competition? No, of cours enot. They do it to hype their games.

Gah. The Codexers can be so retarded. :roll:

Do you defend Pete Hines like this? Or is it just your Bioware fanboyism creeping in?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pete Hines is doing his job. I say good on 'em. of course, I don't give a shit about Bethesda and their shitty games so their hyping of it does nothing for me escept me laughing at the embicles at that forum known as the Codex.

R00fles!

P.S. I don't give a shit about Valve either. L0LLERZ!

P.S.S. I've seen some of their hype though. It's not really any different than any other dev or pub.

P.S.S. Then again, this is the same crowd who believes that Troika's shit don't stink when it comes to jumping on the Hype Train tm so meh.

*yawn*

cutterjohn

Cipher
Damn! Those are REAL screenshots. The first time that I saw them, IIRC, Chinese Jetpilot had posted them, and I figured that he must've photoshopped 'em.

I still think that this 3rd person squad based shooter would've been alot more fun as an FPS...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
They don't; but he gave an honest opinion. he likes G3. *shrug*

Damn. BIO is screwed whether they talk about other games or not. L0L The Codex is kewl!

Lumpy

Arcane
So giving an honest favorable opinion equates sucking cock?
I was criticizing you, not Bio.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
L0L I wa smaking fun; not being serious. Read up on scarcasm, and having fun. Don't take everything seriously. R00fles!

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Voss said:
Meh. It does grate a bit, but in all fairness the journalistic community allows this in pretty much every format.
Still, starting with "So many games, so little time!" and then mentioning only two of their own titles is pathetic. At least he mentioned games from other developers when asked about the highlights of 2006, but was it really that hard to come up with one or two titles for 2007?

Lord Chambers

Erudite
I think it bodes poorly for the Codex's future as a newsite when photoshopped parodies are included in a post as real screenshots.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
Because games are getting so ridiculous it's difficult to tell what is a photoshopped parody and what could be an actual realization of some designer's idea of what fun is. Like Pete's "riding around killing things" quote.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Lord Chambers said:
Because games are getting so ridiculous it's difficult to tell what is a photoshopped parody and what could be an actual realization of some designer's idea of what fun is. Like Pete's "riding around killing things" quote.
That's exactly the point.

Stalagmite

Scholar
That was Todd's quote

Lord Chambers reply: Who cares, it's not like I sit around remembering fucktardy Bethesda Designers quotes all the time. I'm Lord Chambers. A real man. A Codexer!

Lord Chambers

Erudite
I know it was a real quote. The reason I know is because If I recall correctly, it was highlighted in the Codex newspost of the interview that featured it, and undoubtedly some snide remark was made about it. The only reason I know those screenshots are photoshopped is because I saw them first in a thread. I suppose I'm lucky too, because if I had just seen the news post I would have thought them to be real, and I may have kicked a child in a helpless act of rage.

The point is this--satire is great, when the audience is aware of it. Moving from sarcastic commentary of real quotes to posting faked screenshots changes the mode of communication from a critical news site to one that just satirizes. Either way is fine, but posting faked screenshots without identifying them any way as such is unethical from a journalism standpoint. Maybe respectable journalism isn't something the Codex staff values. Either way it "bodes poorly for the future of the Codex as a news site."

Ladonna

Arcane
Did you seriously believe they were real? Did you not read the text in the pics Lor Chambers?
:shock:

And please think about this...VD gives an opinion with the newsposts, what is different from putting in joke pics? I believe you are taking things a wee bit seriously here LC, especially since the article is linked to so that YOU can form an opinion.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
The point is this--satire is great, when the audience is aware of it. Moving from sarcastic commentary of real quotes to posting faked screenshots changes the mode of communication from a critical news site to one that just satirizes.
I think Codex is both and there's no point in being overly serious. I still remember NMA'ers whining about how Codex crew is like so not proffeshunal and biased when it's not like internet site has to be some kind of LETA news feed source. I'm much more fond of websites where staff memeber give their own opinion on news, not just reciting info from other places. It adds it's own value and personality to the site.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
I actually thought these screens were for real too.

The only thing I thought was photoshoped was (obviously) the "we cant endanger the mission for a bunch of Bio Fanboys".

Well as Lord Chambers said, games are getting that stupid these days that its difficult to distinguish parody from honest idiocy...

Fez

Erudite
I thought it was funny. It should be blatantly obvious the screen shots were modified for humour if you read the writing at all. If you did read the writing then anyone stupid enough to think that the "Bioware fanboys" are part of the quests and plot deserve to carry on with that delusion because they are morons. Why should we care what morons think or if they get upset when their betters explain to them why they have proven themselves to be fools once more?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom