Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO THE NEW THREAD]

hiver

Not a problem for me, but they might want to check that?

Stabbey

Learned
They know and replied in the comments with the correct link. Maybe they aren't allowed to edit their post?

hiver

Fine, ok... its old news anyway, its just that ive noticed it just now. Its not a bad link to be mistakenly used either.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, this is one which I stopped playing immediately after testing out the first release. Kills me to keep seeing the updates on Steam but I'm feeling the wisest choice here is waiting. Have high hopes and pretty good feelings about this, and that's all the alpha needed to do for me.

I feel pretty left out from all these threads because I am waiting on finished games, but in the end I think I'll get the best experience that way. Patience is a virtue.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Pretty much the first thing I did in the alpha was checking for immortal bullshit npcs by killing everyone I came across. :smug:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, no day/night cycles, because it would require too much resource. There will be lots of butthurt because this, since it was a stretch goals.

Personally this doesn't make or break a game, so meh, just release a good RPG.

Gord

Arcane
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Day and night cycles are out.

:mob:

Now, I can understand their reasoning, but I guess this will cause butthurt indeed...

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Due to time and budgetary constraints, we have chosen not to implement day/night cycles for the launch of Divinity: Original Sin.

I wasn't expecting this to really happen. It's almost double the workload of creating an area, if you want to do it right. I wonder what the reaction will be like.

Is this the first videogame kickstarter that's outright reneged on its stretchgoal? Good on Larian for coming out right with it instead of delivering a half-assed feature.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Due to time and budgetary constraints, we have chosen not to implement day/night cycles for the launch of Divinity: Original Sin.

I wasn't expecting this to really happen. It's almost double the workload of creating an area, if you want to do it right. I wonder what the reaction will be like.
This:
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Day and night cycles are out.

:mob:

Now, I can understand their reasoning, but I guess this will cause butthurt indeed...

Drowed

Arcane
Stop the lies, start the truths!

Also, abou the update... Sad news, but it isn't really a deal breaker to me. Speaking of game mechanics, this is one of the ones that I least cared about. It would be nice if it was in the final version, but it is not essential. And after all, "modders will fix it."

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Very sad about the cut, but it's understandable. An at least we have the CEO of the company apologizing and explaining why, followed by 20 minutes of all the awesome stuff they are making.

THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE COMMUNICATION, INXILE!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Very sad about the cut, but it's understandable. An at least we have the CEO of the company apologizing and explaining why, followed by 20 minutes of all the awesome stuff they are making.

Awesome stuff like a dialogue minigame in co-op (19:35) :troll:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Awesome stuff like a dialogue minigame in co-op (19:35)
I'm not a fan of mini-games, but it makes perfect sense IMHO. Instead of letting stats passively dictate the outcome, make players face off on a short mini-game. Considering my experience co-oping the alpha with my brother, it will be at least very funny.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Those poor guys look exhausted, but it's still looking like they're going to pull this off. Beta looks like it will already be a big step in terms of polish and features compared to alpha, which was already quite nice.

:brodex:

(Who the fucks care, not even about day/night cycles, but "npcs reaction to day/night cycles" ? Seriously ?)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Those poor guys look exhausted, but it's still looking like they're going to pull this off. Beta looks like it will already be a big step in terms of polish and features compared to alpha, which was already quite nice.

:brodex:

(Who the fucks care, not even about day/night cycles, but "npcs reaction to day/night cycles" ? Seriously ?)

"NPC reactions" means that they eat dinner and go to bed at night, wake up and eat breakfast in the morning, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom