Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Esquilax

Arcane
Because no one has a real, concrete lead thus far, baseless speculation is spreading throughout the jianghu.

So... are you trying to say that the people spreading rumors are voters in this thread?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Because no one has a real, concrete lead thus far, baseless speculation is spreading throughout the jianghu.

So... are you trying to say that the people spreading rumors are voters in this thread?

There is a very strong rumour that the Xueguizi possess the Jiuyin manual, thanks to their mastery of yin techniques. No, I'm not implying that this is baseless. :lol:

Just that you can see how people are going to make educated guesses, just like the voters in the thread. After all, Zhang Jue's strength is so great that he could have one of the manuals, and so on, and so forth.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
The secret carvings you share with Shun have had a new, fresh line added: it tells you of the password you will need to gain access to the headquarters of the Imperial Constabulary, and reminds you not to anger them too much, should you feel a need to visit.

Shun wouldn't have changed the carvings if he didn't still think that heading to talk to the constables was useful, even after what happened with Zhang Manxing. I still think Gao Ying will know more, though.

How do you figure the line was added after zhang Manxing happened and not anytime after the constabulary was formed?

And who's Xueguizi again?
Edit.
B1. Tianshan Range, near Tujue territory. The place where golden fox leaves are harvested by the masked Xueguizi. Their leader is called the Tianshan Child Elder, a secretive and mysterious little girl that is said to have lived for more than a hundred years, eternally unaging. The Xueguizi are also a sect that is said to focus strongly on yin-based inner strength techniques, and have great knowledge of neigong.

Last edited:

Esquilax

Arcane
You mean like we just did?

Well, worst case scenario is that the only person who knows what's up is Bai Jiutian. Zhang Manxing doesn't strike me as smart enough to connect our ability to perform the Four Lions Formation to us having the Wuxiang Qiankun Skill, but BJ made sure to examine the bodies on his own. However, if he knows that we have the technique in our arsenal, I very much doubt that he would be sharing this knowledge with other people - you don't want the competition getting their hands on something like this before you do.

Of course, we could just level up our broken skill, sneak into Huashan and murder him with his own techniques. But then the evidence would be clear on his body and people would realize that since there is no way that we would have access to Huashan swordsmanship at that level of skill, it must mean that we possess the Wuxiang Qiankun Skill.

:troll:

How do you figure the line was added after zhang Manxing happened and not anytime after the constabulary was formed?

Because there is a reminder not to anger the cops too much that is fresh. Hmm, what have we done recently that might make them angry?

Kipeci

Arcane
Though it was disappointing that we disappointed the orthodox sects, looking back I think that was the first time we've about ever unleashed full killing intent, and that was pretty neat. Birds taking to the air to get away from the intense feel of murder Jing gave off, speaking in terms of amusement around the same time of grabbing a man's beating heart through his spine... Jing seemed to much more fit the role of his master's apprentice, barring the not killing everyone thing.

Tribute

Arbiter
Yeah. Nobody'd managed to get onto Jing's shit list quite that badly before.

Everyone else Jing has killed has either been accidental (the 100-man battle), to save someone else's life (Songfeng) or for the sake of his mission (the secret police agent).

This is the first time Jing has killed anyone for personal reasons.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, flopping from visiting BJ to visiting Jiu Mou, editing my original post. I think we ought to capitalize on this opportunity and establish contact with the old man Qi Liuwu, we can really use his help and advice right now and I kinda miss the old degenerate.

Absinthe

Arcane
Zhang Manxing has the double luck of being someone who gave Xu Jing reason to want him dead and no reason for him to be worth anything alive.

1H
2A
3A>B

Treave, important question, what would have happened if we went with B last vote?

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, what is this Qingcheng Jianwu technique?
F. You learn the Qingzi Sword (青字劍, Green Letter Sword) from Song Lingshu, a swift swordplay that is heavily focused on offense; it is said to be one of the quickest sword techniques in the jianghu. Designed to be used in conjunction with the Chengzi Step to form the Qingcheng Sect's famous Qingcheng Jianwu combination technique.

G. You learn the Chengzi Step (城字舞, City Letter Step) from Song Lingshu, a defensive qinggong geared towards evading the attack patterns made by weapons, particularly those from the orthodox sects. Designed to be used in conjunction with the Qingzi Sword to form the Qingcheng Sect's famous Qingcheng Jianwu combination technique.
What does it do and what makes it a worthy investment? How powerful is it compared to other techs?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's the Qingcheng Sect's best technique which is said to rival Huashan's finest swordplay.

Baltika9

Arcane
It's the Qingcheng Sect's best technique which is said to rival Huashan's finest swordplay.
Wow. We really ought to focus on that in the future options, but it's probably a moot point here since Wuxiang Qiankun is leading by so much. Hopefully we can persuade Lingshu to stick around with us for a while, one way or another.

Baltika9

Arcane
Bros, I'll try and gather some support for 3C, visiting the Beggars. Reason being that the Beggars are transient and we can seriously lose a good lead on Qi Liuwu if we don't visit Jiu Mou at this opportunity, while Grand Eunuch Gao is more or less stable with his location.
Liuwu>Gao, even if we can pass along some info to Shun about our Firelordship. I won't be sorry if 1B loses, but it's just that Qi Liuwu is the only resource we have left among the orthodontists, and we can use his guidance now more than ever. Even without any arms, the man is still running around and trying to do do something in the pugilistic world. Besides which, the Beggars are the only sect that we don't have tanked relations with yet, so I would like for us to work with them more.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Baltika9 said:
Besides which, the Beggars are the only sect that we don't have tanked relations with yet, so I would like for us to work with them more.
Yeah. I'd deal with the Beggars over Ying any time. At least you know what they want.

And true, us working with the imperial sources does nothing to affect our reputation in the pugilistic world. If we want to get back into good graces with the BRO sects, perhaps we should seek an audience with the ones who can put up a good word for us on the street.

Baltika9

Arcane
I'd rather we stay realistic here: the Beggars' word isn't worth much among the orthodontists. Barring BJ speaking up for us (riiiiight), I don;t think there is a quick fix to our recent fuck up, we'll just have to win our BROs back over time by being a cool guy to them and helping out where we can. For now, let's think in terms of what can benefit us the most. I think Qi Liuwu is a better resource for us than Gao is (although I could be wrong, of course).

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am not counting on a 'quick fix'. But a good word on the streets is worth a lot - provided we earn one.

In terms of benefits I remember Gao Ying withholding certain information from us in Tufan, so I don't have high hopes for our cooperation. He will tell you enough for you to make yourself useful to him. As long as your interests coincide, it should be fine, but we don't know what he wants. We know we want the manual for ourselves, and that's it.

Somehow, I doubt a bunch of constebulary agents transported the manual under heavy guard only to send it to you, eventually. So we must be prepared for Gao Ying to have his own thoughts on the matter.

And for why the beggars would be interested in us and/or help us find Qi Liuwu, well... we have a 'password' right with us:
Xianglong Eighteen Palms. (降龍十八掌, Dragon Subduing Eighteen Palms).
I am sure it will pique their interest and give credit to our words. What would they think about it all will be up to us, I guess.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Here's the problem: The more time we spend elsewhere, the more the trail on 3A runs cold. Gao Ying could give us an alternate entry through 3B (although he could also say "busy here, that's not my problem, but I could use your help") but spending time on 3C is probably going to cost us. The Beggars are also after the technique so I'm not sure what information they'd be willing to share with us without us doing something big for them and then we will be spending a lot of time just getting into the proper good graces for info on a good tech instead of following other leads which are more reliable. Qi Liuwu could be anywhere. He's not the head anymore and he likes to wander the country. I am not expecting to run into him with 3C.

I'm not fond of 3C at the moment. I like 3A because I think working with the Imperial Constabulary appeals to Song Lingshu and because they should have the best lead on the technique right now. It could also help us score more points with the eight sects and could be very valuable for solidifying Song Lingshu's reputation to challenge Mao Sanjiao's dominance of Qingcheng.

That's why I'm voting 3A>B

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom