Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Update #58: Beta Released!

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
they really need to work on that combat participation detection...

Stabbey

Learned
I think it may even be the case that companions sitting in the Hall of Heroes will also gain experience. (I think that's a good thing, because there's only a limited amount of XP in the game because nothing respawns. If they didn't keep up, then you'd probably be forced to only use certain companions all the time.)

No, it doesn't make sense, but it's one of those concessions realism has to make to fun sometimes.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
I think it may even be the case that companions sitting in the Hall of Heroes will also gain experience.
that would be a weird thing to do considering that your other character can still miss out on xp just because he stands too far behind.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
That was fixed ages ago in the alpha.
nice. but you still trigger the absent from combat dialogue if you stand 3 steps behind the other and manage to kill everything on first turn.

Durante

Learned
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
At least Larian know what beta means, well, vaguely. The "we'll still add companions" part is a bit dubious if you want to follow the real definition of beta, but it's still much better than "here's our beta, 20% of the game where we'll still change everything".

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Perhaps they thought "more generic shovelware - Roguey on the RPGCodex" wouldn't provide much of a sales boost. Still think it was worth a try though.
That's not what I'd say. It looks like it'll be okay/good content-wise and a mess systems-wise which is the most I can expect when it comes to non-JES RPGs.

Cenobyte

Prophet
I believe it works like this: If a monster gives 250 experience to Source Hunters "Roderick" and "Scarlett" when you kill it without companions, it will still give "Roderick" and "Scarlett" 250 experience if Jahan and Madora are in the party as well, and they will also get 250 experience.

Yes, that's how it works. There's no party XP, it is tracked individually per character.

On a side note, I'm having a blast playing the beta. The game is really shaping up nicely. My only real concern is that the inventory becomes way too cluttered after a while, even with the available options for sorting. I think a keyring to store all those keys and a journal for the books might really help here.

hiver

Does anyone else gets that music and sounds disappear in the tutorial cave?
or that "take all" command for picking up items doesnt work?

or should i report it as a bug?
Im expecting a lot of players had it so far...

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Does anyone else gets that music and sounds disappear in the tutorial cave?
or that "take all" command for picking up items doesnt work?

or should i report it as a bug?
Im expecting a lot of players had it so far...

I don't kow if it's specifcally related to the tutorial tomb, but I played several hours this afternoon and at one point I noticed that the music was gone too. The sounds for the menus were still there, but no ambient sounds, music nor effects... We just reloaded the game and it went fine again until we stopped playing, so... don't know what it's about. (We were in Cyseal market at that time, so probablyt nothing to do with the tutorial area... or it just took me a long time to even notice the musci was gone.) My coop buddy didn't have any trouble, though.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Music and sound have intermittently dropped out for me too. Re-load seems to be the only fix.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom