Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Let's learn how not to make totally useless characters in vastly updated UnderRail

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
If my kid on his account wants to play a game I shared with him, I cannot be playing any game on my account or he is denied. I don't know what value the sharing feature brings at all, it's shit.
There are a few minor benefits, but this isn't the steam thread so I'm going to drop it.

Let's take it to shoutbox. Maybe we can insert it as a topic between arguments of which tranny in a set of linked pics has the nicest nuts.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Its pretty generous, not like them IronTower fags selling only the Steam key. So much for DRM free version.

I don't know if you are being jocular or just trolling (or both), but Age of Decadence is available on Gamers Gate and you can buy it directly from the developers thru BMT Micro.
I know, I got it from there, that how I know if there's a DRM free version or not. You only get a Steam key if you buy it from GG eventho the web page says that there's a DRM free version.You know, like Underrail. They probably removed it when they "entered the GabeN".

I watched the "tutorial" Pope Amole II and I must say it's top notch. Plenty of info to decide how to build a proper character fitting to your playstyle without "spoilering" the game too much. I just hope you make a similar "tutorial" when the game is complete, it would be rather handy to watch before starting a marathon playthrough with a desired archetype...

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Its pretty generous, not like them IronTower fags selling only the Steam key. So much for DRM free version.

Did they stop selling it through:
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2584.0.html
at some point? or is it your ass talking bullshitz?

as for the Underrail, I bought it and I was waiting for the final release... but now, as I watched the Pope Amole II introduction to it, I can see my resolve crumbling fast... shit, I think I will at least play with character creation and first few areas.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

as for the Underrail, I bought it and I was waiting for the final release... but now, as I watched the Pope Amole II introduction to it, I can see my resolve crumbling fast... shit, I think I will at least play with character creation and first few areas.

Oh no, you won't. If you are into exploration in your cRPGs then you will most certainly not stop after first few areas. I know I couldn't...

Abelian

Somebody's Alt

at some point?
You can still buy it directly from Iron Tower, so they don't have to give GamersGate a cut.
Oh and do I have to buy AoD off steam or is there another option?
At the moment, you can buy it either from directly from us (via BMT Micro) or on GamersGate:

https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Orders.ShoppingCart?CID=7483&PRODUCTID=74830000

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TAOD/the-age-of-decadence

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer

Talking bullshit.

We started selling a DRM-free version via BMT (and will continue doing so), then made a deal with Steam, GamersGate, and GoG. GoG doesn't offer early access, so the game won't be on GoG until it's released. GamersGate offers both a direct download (DRM-free) and Steam keys. We offer Steam keys to all BMT customers for more convenience.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Talking bullshit.

We started selling a DRM-free version via BMT (and will continue doing so), then made a deal with Steam, GamersGate, and GoG. GoG doesn't offer early access, so the game won't be on GoG until it's released. GamersGate offers both a direct download (DRM-free) and Steam keys. We offer Steam keys to all BMT customers for more convenience.

That's exactly what I thought. BMT is where I got my AoD from, a year or so ago, and it is nice stand-alone executable with no strings attached.

Markman remark just boiled my blood a bit (even if it was just a joke or trolololo). It is like claiming that eating horse shit is better than dog's shit, while having a perfect cake sitting next to you on the plate.

Vault Dweller

Developer
It's been updated so you may want to download a new version and try the new areas.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
There is no direct download on GamersGate, lol. I bought AoD from there, I should know.
No blue download button anywhere. Only a button to reveal the Steam key.
p6JcK1e.jpg

Vault Dweller

Developer
I've never used GG myself so I don't know how it works. All I can tell you is that at first we were selling direct download on GG (which was confirmed by other people) and we added an option to buy a Steam key a few weeks after as an extra convenience. If they dropped direct download for their convenience, I'm unaware of it.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
If they dropped direct download for their convenience, I'm unaware of it.
underrail did the same and it's still available for download besides the steam key.
aod is also listed as drm free and not requiring a steam acc, with both of those games having the "can be activiated on steam" rather than the stricter "drm: steamworks" of pure steam games, so it would be effing weird if they dropped the download. maybe somebody fucked it up, considering they failed to add aod to the tb rpgs category as well.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
I've never used GG myself so I don't know how it works. All I can tell you is that at first we were selling direct download on GG (which was confirmed by other people) and we added an option to buy a Steam key a few weeks after as an extra convenience. If they dropped direct download for their convenience, I'm unaware of it.
I got my copy in Januari so probably its been like this ever since you released the game on Steam. Store page still says its available as DRM free and that can be activated on Steam.
Wierd that you didnt know, I just thought that you guys were lazy and took the easy route.

edit: while the comment I made at the start of the thread was a little troll jab at VD, it wouldn't be funny nor it wouldn't made sense if it wasnt true.

Last edited:

whitepony

Educated
Lots of comparisons of UnderRail with Fallout here. Which boggles me. UnderRail really wasn't that hot on the whole C&C thing last time I tried it.
The similarity lies in the whole atmosphere of both games, not in the concrete aspects of gameplay I guess.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Lots of comparisons of UnderRail with Fallout here. Which boggles me. UnderRail really wasn't that hot on the whole C&C thing last time I tried it.

In atmosphere and exploration, mostly (hedging closer to FO1 than 2). In art & music direction, somewhat. In fun, completely (there are great little easter eggs throughout). And in many ways (i.e. combat and crafting) better.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I really want to learn more about this game but I can't seem to find a gameplay video that is:

1) Relatively recent
2) Not being played by a dude who fucking sucks at video games.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I really want to learn more about this game but I can't seem to find a gameplay video that is:

1) Relatively recent
2) Not being played by a dude who fucking sucks at video games.

Not being facetious but have you tried the official site? The Dev Log should tell you everything you need to know but there's also a free alpha download (though the current beta really should be seen) and a video.

http://underrail.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=43&Itemid=61

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Yeah, I saw that stuff. I thought the Alpha stuff was from last year?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom