Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
For people who are with problems with moddb and torrents: chrome://mega/content/secure.html#F!FFYX0SyD!4Y_dzDPrbe5uGmIgTUPTVQ Good luck
Heh, wow... 7zip identified a lot of file errors and I can't seem to extract it properly as a result. What a pain... or perhaps I'm just painfully stupid! Who knows? Who cares.
Do you have all the 4 parts?

Astral Rag

Arcane
I'm trying to install the mod, but it keeps saying "Installing main game files".

Will the setup end or has it crashed?

Don't worry the installer behaved the same on my end. Just let it work its buggy magic.

It will start to install video codecs and other trash soon-ish.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Now there is a lot of software that wants to be installed like that XVid shit.

Is this safe?

Sure, don't worry.

*Loads hacking tools and prepares to scan Andross computer for bank details*

:desu:

Last edited:

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I can't put my finger on it, but something feels off about this. It's almost like the game is oversaturated with content. Garbage is beautiful, but there's just SO FUCKING MUCH OF IT. It almost feels like a theme park sometimes.

It also really seems to hate opening up the PDA, as I keep getting CTDs.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I think it's the Contacts tab that crashes the game. Don't open it.
Also, if you think the bloom is too intense, find the file user.ltx in your Lost Alpha folder and change the r2_ls_bloom lines to this:

r2_ls_bloom_fast off
r2_ls_bloom_kernel_b 0.01
r2_ls_bloom_kernel_g 7.
r2_ls_bloom_kernel_scale 0.5
r2_ls_bloom_speed 100.
r2_ls_bloom_threshold 0.889

You can also directly change the FOV through the console or through this file.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
FFS I constanly got crashes in that SGM 2.1&Misery for no reason.
:x

FFS Do I ever reach those new maps in SGM?? It require beating the game (and reach freeplay mode) but there is so much problems even with "stable build"...

Just made it up to the zombies in the tunnel; What a pain. I can't imagine that they'd include a ghost zombie THAT early in the game when you have no reasonable way of bringing that fucker down.

Oh well, time to find a grenade or two.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Well, for some reason I can only select static lighting in the graphics options, and also it crashes when I start a new game. I'll need to visit their support forum the next time I feel like playing, I guess.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Petrenko? Isn't that military guy who sit under the bridge in Cordon in vanilia?

Also - already installed. Didn't launched, read somewhere tip to delete user.tlx and worked.
Looks really nice, but sounds is borked. Constantly switching channel (nausea guarantee), strange deep hall effect.

And I propably won't play it long, after 60h of SGM for CoP I have enough of Stalker. Another long pause, hope it wont be that long like earlier (2 years?).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is that mean there will be more (and better, especially mechanics) mods?
Or first - there will be drama and order to not using it and distributing stuff created with it?

EDIT
Sandbox for other mods? Sounds like concept of StalkerSoup...

Last edited:

Silentrider

Augur
I haven't played Shadow of Chernobyl for about 4 years.
The only mod I played was Oblivion Lost 2.2 and I really liked it, because of the difficulty and content.
What mod would you recommend me to play? (sorry I don't feel like reading 40 pages)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I haven't played Shadow of Chernobyl for about 4 years.
The only mod I played was Oblivion Lost 2.2 and I really liked it, because of the difficulty and content.
What mod would you recommend me to play? (sorry I don't feel like reading 40 pages)

First - don't use Complete. I know everyone recommend it but they're idiots.
Second - use Zone Restoration Project which is basicaly fixes+repairing gear

Ivan

Arcane
@ MotherMachinae Finished playing Misery 1.0 and want to go back to SoC. I've played Complete (yeah, I know I know; twas my first time), Oblivion Lost. Now I'm thinking of going with AA2. How does it compare to ZRP?

Thoughts on Misery:
Not so tough. The beginning is easily the toughest part but once you buy your first suit it's pretty smooth. Going to play 2.1 after I replay SoH (meantime waiting for Lost Alpha patches)

So bros any comments on Lost Alpha, if anyone had the time to play it seriously? Is it really good like I would hope? More of a survival horror with great atmosphere and locations better than originals? How about new features that you should be able to do, like communication with other stalkers, factions, accessing computers, vehicles etc.?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom