Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview The Codex Mass Effect interview

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/mas ... pid=930279

It's supposed to be misleading. RPG Codex is run by a bunch of "old-school" RPG fans who think any RPG that isn't exactly like Betrayal at Krondor is not really an RPG. The "interview" is an effort to expose BioWare for "betraying" RPG standards, which is why they focus so much on BioWare's changes to the dialog system.

There are a lot of "RPG"s in that paragraph.
Well, then I guess it's a good thing that no one cares what those idiots think.
Betrayal at Krondor?

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Didnt you know? Its the codex flagship game and emphasizes everything we expect from an RPG.
Its mentioned in like, 90 % of all the topics here related or unrelated to RPGs. :lol:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Absolutely. My favorite game, and I've NEVER played it to my knowledge!!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Betrayal at Krondor = Best game ever! Choices! Consequences! It's so good.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I played Betrayal at Krondor AND Betrayal at Antara. I'm so fucking hardcore, it's scary.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
MORON.
Betrayal at Antara is something only MORONS play! It ruined the GLORIOUS heritage of Betrayal of Krondor! Sure, there was more stuff to do, but all the in-jokes, the focus on mind-altering substances and courtesans, and especially, that town with all those ninjas were a SLAP INTO THE FACE of the BoK community.

That is a FACT.
DEAL WITH IT.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Huh? I don't follow. *shrug*

I was helping Jasede. He missed a piece of the puzzle. :D

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Ok, so, the interview was real, but everyone isn't taking it seriously? (I didn't have time to read through ten pages of this stuff, so just clue me in please)

Major_Blackhart said:
Ok, so, the interview was real, but everyone isn't taking it seriously? (I didn't have time to read through ten pages of this stuff, so just clue me in please)

It was fake. People ARE taking it seriously.

Jed

Cipher
Betrayal at Hoboken was gonna be wicked awesome until Sierra fucked the franchise.

PS- The guy who made that comment has "Bioware Fanboy" in his sig, perhaps not surprisingly ...

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Betrayal at Krondor was a pretty nifty and innovative RPG for its time. It holds up pretty well if you can get past the awful forest 3D graphics. The main plot is pretty linear but you can go off the beaten path whenever you want.

Betrayal at Hoboken? Do you know something about my chick or something? Spill the beans!

Jed

Cipher
FrancoTAU said:
Betrayal at Hoboken? Do you know something about my chick or something? Spill the beans!
You'll have to wait for the digitized motion capture footage ...

Nutcracker

Scholar
Let's get one thing straight, Betrayal at Krondor DID rule. A superb RPG in my opinion.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Nutcracker said:
Let's get one thing straight, Betrayal at Krondor DID rule. A superb RPG in my opinion.
Seconded. Unusual in it's way of storytelling, but rather compelling.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nutcracker said:

Well yes, that kinda got lost in all that sarcasm. It was a pretty good.

ady5

Educated
The major good thing that came out of the article was the banning of that shithead for 2 days. Also, i got a few chuckles from the interview and the 10 pages of discussion, wich amazingly contains like 3 pages of on topic, the rest is about the fucking Volourn and his feelings as a faery princess. I say let him go take a dick in his hand and another in his ass and be happy in the Bioware boards. :twisted:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom