Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda fears wrath of the trekkies

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Which is why you mention it in every single thread you post in?"

Hey, I am doing my pal VD a personal favor. He asked me to continue the I N T E R N E T D R A M A.

NEWSFLASH; Bets way for this to die down is for nobody to respond to the issue. Hell, I did so in the actual ban thread, and ghuess what.. it eventually died. Imagine THAT!

P.S. Suing, or supporting suing a company for millions over a $50 game is dumb. Period.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
after R00fles, DEAD, why do you lie? :? , L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0IPOP, and propably a douzens of others I forgot to mention Volly presents us his newest awesome creation:

I N T E R N ET D R A M A

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer

Is there any thread left in this place that isn't about Volo?

LCJr.

Erudite
that was his mom's doing actually

Back on topic. Beth is a bussiness and are simply out to make money. PR hype is just part of it. It's just like getting suckered into going to see a movie to find out the only good parts were what they showed in the previews. If you want to blame something blame Windows and Mac OS. Thanks to them practically any idiot can operate a computer. All you need to be able to do is unpack the boxes, hook up the color coded wires, plug in and turn it on. Not like the good ole days when you actually needed to know something like Basic or DOS.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Is there any thread left in this place that isn't about Volo?"

Lots. Perhaps the problem aren't the threads about me; but the fact you are so interested in me for some odd reason; you only read the threads discusisng me.

I dunno why. I seriously can't be THAT interesting. Geez.

Do a search around. Tons of threads have NOTHING to do with me. Go read them. Go on. They won't bite.

geminito

Liturgist
After Bethesda releases Fallout 3 and everyone here trashes it, what will be next to drive RPG Codex Groupthink? Don't you all get tired of typing Bethesda, or have you set up a macro? I thought EA was more evil, and it's so much easier to type. Does it make you sad that MrSmilyFaceDude doesn't come here to repond to your flaming anymore? When will you finally have time to play a game so that you can trash it with some accuracy? Does it worry you that your opinions are not surprising and not respected by anyone in the gaming industry nor the gamer community? Was the past really as you imagine it was, or is it merely a reflection of the present which didn't turn out the way you had dreamt?

Kraszu

Prophet
"Does it worry you that your opinions are not surprising"

Didn't you through that VD is praising ME?

Severian Silk

Volourn said:
P.S.S. On topic, I don't care about Betehsda; but the constant whining about them si apthetic. Don't like them, don't buy their games, and stop hyping them.
You keep missing the easy and central point: they are raping the Fallout franchise, which many people here have a very deep and firm attachment to. If this were any other IP then the Codex most surely would ignore them. (Well, ok, maybe not. It's not as if there's much else to report on or discuss.)

Nedrah

Erudite
geminito said:
After Bethesda releases Fallout 3 and everyone here trashes it, what will be next to drive RPG Codex Groupthink? Don't you all get tired of typing Bethesda, or have you set up a macro? I thought EA was more evil, and it's so much easier to type. Does it make you sad that MrSmilyFaceDude doesn't come here to repond to your flaming anymore? When will you finally have time to play a game so that you can trash it with some accuracy? Does it worry you that your opinions are not surprising and not respected by anyone in the gaming industry nor the gamer community? Was the past really as you imagine it was, or is it merely a reflection of the present which didn't turn out the way you had dreamt?

Some of us have already played about everything worth praising or trashing, so without anything coming up there's more "sitting around the campfire, praising the days of yore and mourning the present" and less gaming being done by everyone. Nothing I like to see happening, too. Yeah, it's also unfortunate that MSFD doesn't show up anymore, he was a nice enough guy, if you don't count the bold faced lies. Others are missed more sorely, though. I, personally, don't give a shit about how respected the codex is with the industry or fellow gamer communitys - if I want the latter to hear my voice I'll just join them and actually raise my oppinion instead of trying to talk with them as a "codexer".

I won't bother answering to your last sentence, mainly because I have no idea what you're trying to say. The times were propably as good or shitty as they're now - it's just the games that were better, they still hold up when I try playing them again. It's just that even the best book can only be read so many times.

Overall a nice community flame, though.
I award it :) :) :) :) out of :twisted:

Astromarine

Erudite
JarlFrank said:
The Gestapo was tolerant compared to Bethesda! Fucking idiots.

Are you in any way, shape, or form, being serious? Are you a functionally retarded person, with just enough brain capacity to know your betters are angry at something, then try to emulate them poorly in an attempt to improve your self image? Can you BE so much of a fucking idiot?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Astromarine said:
JarlFrank said:

Are you in any way, shape, or form, being serious? Are you a functionally retarded person, with just enough brain capacity to know your betters are angry at something, then try to emulate them poorly in an attempt to improve your self image? Can you BE so much of a fucking idiot?

Can you detect sarcasm?

sabishii

Arbiter
geminito said:
After Bethesda releases Fallout 3 and everyone here trashes it, what will be next to drive RPG Codex Groupthink?
Oh noes. A bunch of people, who basically like the same type of game, use sound logic to come up with the same conclusion. Groupthink!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Yay! Geminito's back! And he typed more than one sentence!

geminito said:
After Bethesda releases Fallout 3 and everyone here trashes it, what will be next to drive RPG Codex Groupthink?
So far there's been no shortages of games to trash, so we are fine, thanks for asking.

Don't you all get tired of typing Bethesda, or have you set up a macro?
Does that imply that your trademark line "your opinions are not surprising!" is a macro?

I thought EA was more evil, and it's so much easier to type.
They are, but they canceled The White Council and left our radars.

Does it make you sad that MrSmilyFaceDude doesn't come here to repond to your flaming anymore?
You really think that he stopped coming because of the flaming? No, seriously? You can't be THAT stupid, can you?

When will you finally have time to play a game so that you can trash it with some accuracy?
Disagree with our criticism? Make a non-whining post and explain where and how we were wrong.

Does it worry you that your opinions are not surprising and not respected by anyone in the gaming industry nor the gamer community?
Is that a fact? Prove it. So far, I didn't have any problems getting interviews from the developers, except for Bethesda, but that's a different story and their reasons are different as well.

Was the past really as you imagine it was, or is it merely a reflection of the present which didn't turn out the way you had dreamt?
Imagine? So games like Darklands, XCom, Shadowrun, Realms of Arkania, Ultima (to name a few) are imaginary?

Edit: From another post:
"Looks at the fucking endless list of games released in 1994:

http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/1994/

Al-Quadim, Beneath a Steel Sky, Dark Sun, Doom 2, Death Gate, Dungeon Master 2, the first Elder Scrolls game (who fucking knew?), the first HoMM game, Jagged Alliance, The Journeyman Project, Magic Carpet, Master of Magic, Menzoberranzan, Ravenloft, Realms of Arkania 2, The Secret of Monkey Island, Shadow-fucking-run, TIE Fighter, System Shock, Ultima 8, Warcaft, Wing Commander 3, XCOM.

Wow. No wonder I was always busy playing games. Now compare it to what we have now and see how much creativity was lost."

LCJr.

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
They are, but they canceled The White Council and left our radars.

No, no, no, it hasn't been cancelled. It's just no longer in active development. Big difference.
Today, during a postearnings call, EA CFO Warren Jenson confirmed that The White Council is not canceled--but that work on it has been indefinitely suspended. "The Lord of the Rings product is back in development in terms of being on hold," he cryptically told an analyst who asked whether or not the game had been canceled outright.

This Jensen guy should enter politics.

Astromarine said:
JarlFrank said:

That must have been a rhetorical question since you've seen it with you own eyes.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"You keep missing the easy and central point: they are raping the Fallout franchise, which many people here have a very deep and firm attachment to. If this were any other IP then the Codex most surely would ignore them. (Well, ok, maybe not. It's not as if there's much else to report on or discuss.)"

So what? I like FO a lot. I dislike Betehsda and their games a lot. That's why I try to ignore them as much a spossible unless it's comapring their games to another in the x vs y type threads. Lets' stop giving them press. It's silly.

Let's face it, whatever they do with FO3 will not huty FO1 or FO2 nor should it effect one's opinions on those games. Using words like rape just shows an immaturity of someone. rape is about having forced sex -a game cna't get be raped; because it can't have sex.

Period.

P.S. I, for one, who tends to avoid Betehsda games until they ar ein the bargain bin wil likely continue that rend unless it's praised by 99% of the Codex who will eevntually buy it right at release because they ar ejunkies who need to get their fix depsite the constant whining - just like it was with Oblivion.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Volourn said:
rape is about having forced sex -a game cna't get be raped; because it can't have sex.

You can't imagine what is possible with the game DVDs, especially with the hole in the middle.

OverrideB1

Scholar
Volourn said:
Using words like rape just shows an immaturity of someone. rape is about having forced sex -a game cna't get be raped; because it can't have sex.

Or it could show that they have a better understanding of the English language than you do - viz

an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation

Roofle your way out of that one

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom