Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Kerberos Kickstarts Kaiju-a-Gogo

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Kaiju-a-Gogo; Kerberos Studios; Kickstarter

a378fea0496d2002b274082f5fea8e9a_large.png

Kerberos has begun crowdfunding on Kickstarter for Kaiju-a-Gogo, a strategy game where you take over the world by trashing cities with customizable Kaijus (Giant monsters, IE: Godzilla, in non-weeaboo speak.).

They're asking for $50,000 dollars and they've reached, as of this post, just under 10,000.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
More like gaijin-a-gogo, amirite? Kerberos is p. good at starting things, not so much finishing them. I wouldn't even trust them by pre-alpha-pte-ordering a non-weeaboo game.

Seboss

Liturgist
Even though SotS: the Pit and Ground Pounders are okay games, I don't really feel like throwing more money at Kerberos after the SotS 2 disaster.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Did they manage to avoid Wizards of the Coast legal meddling?
Sunstone Games owner Simon Strange told GamePolitics this afternoon that legal counsel for Wizards of the Coast contacted him way back in December of last year to complain that "Kaiju Combat" was an infringement of its trademark "KAIJUDO."
Strange goes on to say that he seriously doubts that the "real people" (not the lawyers handling trademarks and copyrights) working on Kaijudo at WotC are threatened by Kaiju Combat, and that a legal precedent needs to be set so that WotC can't stop other developers from using the word "Kaiju" in the title of a game.
http://www.gamepolitics.com/2013/03...ver-trademark-infringement-claim#.U3KWQ4YsB1s

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Kerberos is the only one who released a great dungeon crawler - The Pit. They are compenent enough I guess to make this game.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I would love to give money to a company with an established track record of making good games!

Thankfully Kerberos has no such track record.

ColCol

Arcane
But yeah, this genre has been done before: (honestly, I would love to see more, but not from a shit company):

mindreader

Novice
Honestly that's a pretty good idea for a game. Kerberos is 2 for 3. Sots one was great, Pit was well received although I haven't played it. Sots two was terrible because they tried to do a five year rewrite in three years, but they at least tried to make it right by updating it for over a year.

I hope they get what they are looking for.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Honestly that's a pretty good idea for a game. Kerberos is 2 for 3. Sots one was great, Pit was well received although I haven't played it. Sots two was terrible because they tried to do a five year rewrite in three years, but they at least tried to make it right by updating it for over a year.

I hope they get what they are looking for.
you're forgetting fort zombie, which was damn buggy and kinda shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom