Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jade Empire gone gold

Durwyn

Prophet
I was shocked and too terrified to even mention it. Unbelivable!

Durwyn said:
I was shocked and too terrified to even mention it. Unbelivable!
Blackhart is the true master of horror. :salute:

Vault Dweller said:
POOPERSCOOPER said:
va8ult dweller has an xbox or is he talking out of his massive man buns?
I bought it for my daughter a year ago.
VD needs to be called on this, though. Buying a xbox for your daughter? That's some heavy child neglect right there. You're supposed to set an example, man! Right now you're holding the frontier of all foreseeable RPG-future, as I see it, and then you go about buying the root of all evil for your offspring! :shock:

Through sheer might and heavy discipline, I managed to make my 13 year old sister play the cream of the classic Lucasarts adventures. When she finishes Full Throttle, Fallout is next in line.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Who are you to fuckin'; judge VD on how he raises his duaghter? Fuckin' liberals (I used to be one) always wanting to tell others how to live their fuckin' lives. Damn it.

Durwyn

Prophet
My friends 9yo brother kicked my ass in Unreal Tournament Deathmatch. I felt terible. I will never duel with someone whos head is lower than my balls.

Fez

Erudite
Blackhart needs to be cast in a film as a monster, or at least a character written into a story based on him if the authorities won't let him out for filming.

That one word was more effective than most of the scripts for suspense thrillers and horror films I've seen in a while.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
Dementia Praecox said:
Major_Blackhart said:
Vault Dweller said:
POOPERSCOOPER said:
va8ult dweller has an xbox or is he talking out of his massive man buns?
I bought it for my daughter a year ago.

Daughter.
Seriously, am I the only one who got some pretty heavy chills down my spine, reading this comment?

So simple, so effective.

Nah, he's just a playful puppy.

Who wants to hump your daughter's leg.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I'm fairly sure it's going to run like ass on PC. It's a half-assed port, after all.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Mantiis said:
kingcomrade said:
Did you ever see that movie Crouching Negro Stolen Wallet?

Its similar in film style to White Redneck Closet Homo.
Are there any non-white rednecks (Thomas Sowell's neologisms aside)? Native Americans are already red all over (like a newspaper hoho), and blacks are darker than red even without any sun. Asians, perhaps? I've never seen one sun-burnt.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Mantiis said:
kingcomrade said:
Did you ever see that movie Crouching Negro Stolen Wallet?

Its similar in film style to White Redneck Closet Homo.
In the dark of the night I'm going to find you
Oooo Aaaa Ooo
In the dark of the night just before dawn

Jeez, I don't know when I find you whether I'll lynch you or buttfuck you. Maybe we could rig something up so you could be like a water ski for me, I could steer you with my cock.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
POOPERSCOOPER said:
Should I get this game for xbox or pc?

WE HAVE CHOICES LOAL

I've read up on a couple of the previews, and the PC version is a step up in four places:

1) Graphics (this is a given considering the SDTV resolution of the original),
2) AI, harder and less prone to "Tricks" (JE was often criticized for being to easy, hopefully this fixed that),
3) controls (personal prefrence probably, but Gamespy stated the PC version controls were better, especially by not being limited to 4 fighting styles mapped to the D-pad),
4) Load Times (self explanatory).

There are a few other "extras" thrown in, but they struck me as pretty minor. That being said, previews are done on incomplete code so the previewer won't report bad things with the possibility of a fix in the final version. So, its impossible to say how bad technical issues are until some reviews come out. Also, the PC version won't come out until later this month and will cost $40, while the Xbox version is out now and can probably be had for $10 considering how the Xbox is discontinued.

Here's the official page. I guess the box version includes a poster and "art book", but I wouldn't get to excitted about that as its probably no bigger then the typical game manual (15-25 pages).

taxacaria

Scholar
[Bioware Filter OFF]
I'll buy the PC version - just to see if I'm 'pleasantly surprised'
[/Bioware Filter ON]

FrancoTAU

Cipher
It sound like something I'd be very interested in once it hits the bargain bins. Full price for a two year old game that is ported is a bit much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom