Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Pilgrimage

oscar

Arcane

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
3 :outrage:

TcbJ1L.jpg

Longinus

Educated
Why can't we just have a snack, stroll around town, order a quickie and get properly drunk? :P

Apparently we can't.

Esquilax

Arcane
This is the calm before the storm, bros. We better make this rest count. And by "make it count", I mean, fuck a few whores before we are horribly killed for miscalculating against forces vastly more powerful than ourselves by trying to get one over on them. The one hint we had regarding the Optikos:

Optikos reminds you of the fairly popular folklore/conspiracy theory of the All-Seeing Eye, standard illuminati stuff (you know, shadowy men ruling stuff from shadows). but that's just because of the name.
“No written laws, in any case. Yet the knowledge you carry in your head is dangerous; not even I have access to it; only the highest placed of our order know the location of the Godsblood Pit. The Ashguard’s Khedive or the Church’s Supreme Hierarchs do not know it. Our order alone keeps it so that a balance of power may be maintained. That Lord Issus would let that slip…”

Now, this is extremely vague, and we'll find out what these guys are about soon enough, but I find this sort of internecine politicking interesting. root, to maintain the balance of power, what sort of knowledge do the Hierarchs and/or Ashguard have that the Optikos do not? Btw, I'd love to make a roll, but I don't know how to do it.

Oh, and what was it that Elim gave us?

He reaches into a pouch on his belt and hands me something small and heavy, wrapped in dirty linen "Regardless of your answer, I would give you this. It is a token of my gratitude, and might keep you safe when the Legate tires of you."

By telling him the location of the Godsblood, we've really fucked the balance of power here, haven't we? Though I suppose we might use that to our advantage. CHAOS IS A LADDAH!!!

Voting 2 for now, but I suppose they'll all give interesting bits of information and perhaps a few hints regarding our shadowy masters.

Esquilax

Arcane
yes, yes you have.
as for what he's given you i can include describe it in the next update but prepare to be disappointed: if you don't know how to use, it'll probably mean fuck all.

Well, if Issus spilled the beans to us, then one of their own could just as likely catch suspicion for revealing secrets as we could. We just have to pin it on somebody else (though of course that's easier said than done). I don't quite understand why we told him anyways; there was no discernible way to turn it to our advantage, we just told him because he seemed like a bro, despite the fact that the Pilgrim seems to be an utter cunt who cares not for bros.

And yeah, I'd love a description of the item. Elim said that it could save us if we're in trouble with the Legate, and I figured with Pilg's smarts and skill at lore, he'd be able to figure out what it is and how to use it pretty quickly.

Esquilax

Arcane
btw if u wanna look at the object RIGHT NOW, be aware Vyck will get a perception roll to see if he notices what you're doing.

I'd rather get him blackout drunk and/or get him a whore to keep him "occupied".

Rex Feral

Prophet
I bet if it was a manwhore brothel , more people would have voted for it :rpgcodex:

At leas that's what I learned from treave 's threads

Unwanted

Bricks

Unwanted
monocle virgin pubescent courtesans have drink and eat

those 3 is so tempting...

a cut of domestic sheep prime

2) We've got to be at least a little bro toward the pilgrim. He hasn't gotten any since...well, ever really. :(
edit: also, it'll be funny when he gets the clap on top of everything.

Kz3r0

Arcane
When was decided that the pilgrim swings both ways?
Codexiantardation strikes again.

Esquilax

Arcane
root, I am glad that you have kept this LP a God-fearing one that is in line with scripture. HHR would be proud. By the way, if we went to eat a meal, and we had committed blasphemy by eating wheat, would we also have suffered the same well-deserved fate?

But seriously, that's... it? I am pretty sure that you're just messing with us, to be honest. These guys aren't exactly pious themselves, and really, if they're this pissed off about Pilg getting some dick, I shudder to think how much more mad they'll be when they find out we told Elim about the Godsblood. But... perhaps it's for the best to die like this, before they could have inflicted a much worse fate upon us. This death was a mercy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom