Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

KreideBein

Scholar
Ahzaruuk said:
Jarl_Frank said:
Um... in which way is posting a link to a review flamebaiting or trolling? I just posted a link to an interesting review, and then a discussion was started in which I did not even participate
Pfft. :roll:

I'm going to post it on the ESF, just to see the reaction.
Going to be a fun flamefest.
http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
R00fles!

I'm going to have to side with the furry on this one. You did post a link to the review to get a reaction (according to your own statement), which is also known as trolling. I personally think that it's a bit overkill to warn someone for presumed trolling if what they posted isn't obviously flamebait intended to rile up as many people as possiblle, but since we all know that the ESF moderators can be somewhat despotic at times, you had to know that this was coming.

However, it is interesting that that thread only became a borderline flamefest and was subsequently locked when Powerslide joined the debate. I'm surprised that he hasn't been banned yet, given his penchant for being very belligerent and pugnacious, and the fact that he has a history of getting threads locked with his borderline flaming.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, yea, I actually wanted to troll, but defending myself against the fucking moderators accusations is just as much fun, espcecially when hearing their silly arguments.

Zomg

Arbiter
Oblivion politically conflated with Tolkien? I hate you fucking kids and I hate Peter Jackson.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
JarlFrank said:
Well, yea, I actually wanted to troll, but defending myself against the fucking moderators accusations is just as much fun, espcecially when hearing their silly arguments.
Well, you do know that summer reads the posts here, right?

Monica21

Scholar
Ahzaruuk said:
JarlFrank said:
Except that moderators can't warn people for what they do on other sites, only for what happens on the ESF. JarlFrank posted a legitimate review, and didn't participate in the discussion. The discussion went downhill because of other posters, and not because of JarlFrank.

Monica21 said:
Ahzaruuk said:
JarlFrank said:
Except that moderators can't warn people for what they do on other sites, only for what happens on the ESF. JarlFrank posted a legitimate review, and didn't participate in the discussion. The discussion went downhill because of other posters, and not because of JarlFrank.

Wasn't Killaer banned from the forum for spamming the IRC or something?

Monica21

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
Wasn't Killaer banned from the forum for spamming the IRC or something?
Don't know. That's a little different though, because it's kind of an extension of the ESF. The Codex is definitely not. JarlFrank can say whatever he wants here, but as long as he posts within the forum rules then there's no cause for a warning, no matter how much someone likes or dislikes what he says.

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Monica21 said:
Except that moderators can't warn people for what they do on other sites, only for what happens on the ESF. JarlFrank posted a legitimate review, and didn't participate in the discussion.
But he did make his intention clear.
The discussion went downhill because of other posters, and not because of JarlFrank.
Which is exactly what he wanted.

I still don't see how him being warned is really an issue. If my knowledge of ESF rules is accurate, he could have gotten two charges on that one.

Monica21

Scholar
Ahzaruuk said:
But he did make his intention clear.
On which forum?

Which is exactly what he wanted.
Not really his fault that others can't behave, now is it?

If my knowledge of ESF rules is accurate, he could have gotten two charges on that one.
I think your knowledge of ESF rules are inaccurate. Two charges based on what?

KreideBein

Scholar
Monica21 said:
Except that moderators can't warn people for what they do on other sites, only for what happens on the ESF.

Well, an account of Jimbob's at the ESF was banned because I accidentally said what his account name was in this thread. (At least that's the most plausible explanation for his banning -- he hadn't violated any rules with his forum posts over there.)

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
The funniest thing is that Summer made about 3 replys to the thread without even saying something bad about me. But as soon as flaming began, I got a warning, but the thread stayed open.

Well, she said that an admin would have told her to give me this warning and I will PM an admin later today, but I wonder why he didn't give this warning to me by himself.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
KreideBein said:
Monica21 said:
Except that moderators can't warn people for what they do on other sites, only for what happens on the ESF.

Well, an account of Jimbob's at the ESF was banned because I accidentally said what his account name was in this thread. (At least that's the most plausible explanation for his banning -- he hadn't violated any rules with his forum posts over there.)

Well, they surly know I'm on the Codex... My name here is the same as over there, and my signature says member of the Codex, just to annoy them. It's still no *real* reason for warning me.

KreideBein

Scholar
JarlFrank said:
Well, she said that an admin would have told her to give me this warning and I will PM an admin later today, but I wonder why he didn't give this warning to me by himself.

Most likely for the sake of brevity -- if warnings were handed out by the admins themselves, they'd be at the receiving end of a great deal of the appeals that would normally be directed toward the moderators.

Monica21

Scholar
KreideBein said:
Monica21 said:

Because he was already banned, and I think, according to new rules, you can't start another account after being banned. If they find out who you are after having been previously banned, they'll ban you again.

Mr Happy

Scholar
loloooollolololololo!

just one page after volourn sez:

I find it hilarious this thread is basically dedicated to Codexers trolling other forums (specifically Bethesda's) and thenw hining they get banned or warned while at the same time plenty of the same people ar ehere crying about my 'trolling' the Codex by actually following the Codex Ethics of being a bastard to all.

Very amusing, indeed.

R00fles!

there is:

I knew it. Summer gave me a warning for flamebaiting and trolling just because I posted this link. In fact, I just posted the link, the flame war was established by other people. That'S just how retarted one can get.

and

cool :cool:

Monica21 said:
KreideBein said:
Monica21 said:

Because he was already banned, and I think, according to new rules, you can't start another account after being banned. If they find out who you are after having been previously banned, they'll ban you again.

It was my third account anyway... well, if you count jimbob_11 etc, which were also banned for being underage two or three years ago, my fifth. It is a very different scenario, either way, since that did boil down to my identity/behavior at ESF.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
I did not write any of that new stuff in the article on Uncyclopedia. The only thing I did was the old DLC list, which was long ago.

Darkflame

Scholar
Pileyourbodies: all those saying how its a bad game for roleplaying give me a better one with graphics eqaul to Oblivion, with Bolivion you can easily download some mods and be able to do as muhc roleplaying as you want as a noble paladin or fighting to end the empire. Its a great game and there are no better games out there in this genre right now for the Next Gen.

Texas Red

Whiner
I wish I could find the thread where some idiot claimed that he didnt understand the moral choises because, in his opinion, they were meant for highschool kids, and thus his great intellect and maturity rendered him unable to comprehend what is good or bad. Much to my surprise he didnt get flamed, but most even agreed with him. During the whole thread I thought you would be bordering mild retardation if you couldnt figure out what was behind the alignment dialog options.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom