Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Update #61: Voice acting and music, release delayed to June 30th

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't mean to be contrarian but this really isn't doing it for me, music wise. It's like every other Larian game's music. And also rather repetitive, don't you think?

Drowed

Arcane
I don't mean to be contrarian but this really isn't doing it for me, music wise. It's like every other Larian game's music.

Yes, exactly. And Larian has always been a company that created games with great music. But ultimately, it's a matter of taste - you either like it or don't. Maybe it's just not your style. It's the same as their writing style: not everyone likes. But those who do, like it a lot.

jdinatale

Cipher
I don't mean to be contrarian but this really isn't doing it for me, music wise. It's like every other Larian game's music. And also rather repetitive, don't you think?

Or perhaps it is as Kierkegaard noted, that "subjectivity is truth."

In other words, if you think it's shit, it's shit.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
No, it's not /bad/. It's just-

Let me put it this way. The music, its quality aside, doesn't, for me, add much to the Larian games. There was one exception to this and that was the music inside a tower in DKS. I did hear DD also does a good job, but I never had the patience for the game.

Still, hey, if you like it, you like it, as you said.

m_s0

Arcane
I don't mean to be contrarian but this really isn't doing it for me, music wise. It's like every other Larian game's music.

Yes, exactly. And Larian has always been a company that created games with great music. But ultimately, it's a matter of taste - you either like it or don't. Maybe it's just not your style. It's the same as their writing style: not everyone likes. But those who do, like it a lot.
There's a third camp, I feel: I like it when it's not padding. Divine Divinity was full of padding (quests, dialogue, combat, encounter design... - pretty much every element of that game) and at some point I just couldn't force myself to sit through it. When it was good, though, I really enjoyed it. The only part of DD I never did enjoy was the combat.

Sometimes I wish a crazy modder would come along, do some cutting and salvage the great game that's hidden under a pile of garbage. Yeah, they had a legitimate basis to market the game as a cross between Ultima, Baldur's Gate and Diablo (if my memory serves me correctly), but the quality of Divine Divinity suffers because of those aspirations (mainly scope-related).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, if only DD were moddable, eh?
As well remake them in the D:OS engine.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
No, it's not /bad/. It's just-

Let me put it this way. The music, its quality aside, doesn't, for me, add much to the Larian games. There was one exception to this and that was the music inside a tower in DKS. I did hear DD also does a good job, but I never had the patience for the game.

Still, hey, if you like it, you like it, as you said.
I suppose you're talking about this one:

Great soundtrack.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I like that one because it worked well in the context of where it played. It's good tower-climbing music. Hell, I just reinstalled Divinity 2. (The game, however, could not fulfill the promise of this song. That's where jRPGs often do a better job- when their music sets up something, they tend to deliver. Doesn't this music make you expect something amazing at the end of that tower? Something tragic, or a mighty boss? An important reveal? Unfortunately I don't even remember what was up there anymore, so it probably failed.)

deamento

Scholar
Yeah, I like that one because it worked well in the context of where it played. It's good tower-climbing music. Hell, I just reinstalled Divinity 2. (The game, however, could not fulfill the promise of this song. That's where jRPGs often do a better job- when their music sets up something, they tend to deliver. Doesn't this music make you expect something amazing at the end of that tower? Something tragic, or a mighty boss? An important reveal? Unfortunately I don't even remember what was up there anymore, so it probably failed.)
At the end of the tower, you find (the ghost of?) lovis who helps you with the main quest.
And also, this music makes me want to explore the world more than fight a boss or something.

MrEvilGuy

Educated

That's a terrible reading of Kierkegaard.

jdinatale

Cipher

That's a terrible reading of Kierkegaard.

The crowd is untruth so shut the fuck up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom