Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Hard Truck Apocalypse resembles Freelancer but with trucks instead of spaceships. I played it for about 3 hours, most of the time it's going from A to B and killing bandits (either you're doing errand boy missions or hauling cargo to sell), there's also a "story" quest. The combat is very simplistic and the driving physics are a bit "stiff". Of course you can buy different trucks, weapons, equipment, upgrades. The concept of this game is really cool imo, but the execution is lousy. I still enjoy it though. There is something to this game, maybe it's the "Privateer/Freelancer" type of gameplay, or maybe just the driving and shooting is fun (this could be better though), maybe it's the atmosphere, probably all of the above. And I like the music too, there is a certain charm to it. Just don't expect anything too fancy.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Xu Fugui

Unwanted
Doesn't sound half-bad for Russian shovelware made on a shoestring budget. Thanks for the impressions, hearing that it has some character sold me so now I will have to try it out.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
TLLMFE4.png

rI31zvc.png

Yy0za0M.png

BKkWWcx.png

oS6bFfy.png

8EWmTUx.png

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Shit, I must try DivDiv again. Played it three times, reached crypt parts in first village and always lost interest in playing again. Don't get me wrong, it's really fun game.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
The Fall:
bZ9VcsC.png

LRMqBtC.png

Popamolin'
3QoKavC.png

WUFa3i6.png

What's with all these crosses? Man that's deep.

5w0sWcf.png

I liked it. It looks like a platformer but the gameplay resesmbles a point and click adventure game (with good puzzles imo) mixed with a bit of shooting. The only downside is, that it's very short (about 4 hours). At the end it says "to be contiued", so I hope there will be more of it.

BONUS: after uploading files to imgur there was some sort of bug these photos got mixed with my screenshots, enjoy:
AN2U3MA.jpg

NvJUDUJ.jpg
6WxVKe7.jpg

lMizz2y.jpg
j6J17UU.jpg

Last edited:

Seerix

Arbiter
Some Kerbal Space Program shenanigans:
<==>
Close flyby over curious canyon-like formation on the Mun
oIK84Gq.png

==>
Amusing structural failure
Mobhm7T.png

==>
Attempt at getting 'low' flyby over Kerbol, was really lucky to bring this kerbal back to Kerbin
4rtxQO7.png

==>
First succesful landing on the Mun
Wegpp8m.png

==>
Another structural fuckup
iWF5PH8.png

==>
But managed to recover main vessel
oJCv5IB.png

==>
Surveying catastrophic failure in progress
QiswV2Z.png

==>
Attempt at designing proper space plane
THTSIFc.png

==>
Seems successful
KpHfL6k.png

==>
Atmospheric entry effects are pretty
dCvoKUN.png

==>
But I doubt this design would survive in realistic physics environment
zlOl4oh.png

==>
Succesful landing, not for the engine though
8tZGBU1.png

==>
Glitch
bLRPmEp.png

==>
Miscalculation in staging led somehow to one of the SFBs getting stuck with one of the upper stages, suspecting a spaceglue prank by one of the maintenance technicians
C6OW4cW.png

==>
Landing a space plane on airless body like Minmus is very satisfying
4f2nNTw.png

==>
Taking off from it just like a plane is also fun
1BUf1bR.png

==>
I could even land it properly on the ground if I payed more attention
hGo3SSo.png

==>
But at least it didn't suffered any damage which is unusual for splashdowns
8B17eDA.png

<==>

Essegi

Cipher
Risk Of Rain
Finally i bought it. I suddenly liked it when i played demo for an hour.
Character may seem too little, but that has never remotely been an issue for gameplay.

ivgrr8Yhse3RA.jpg

That's the starting survivor. First one is the standard ability, other ones have a cicle time... Nice the presence of a difensive one.

iu6gWb28Q8niq.jpg

You start with the bar set to very easy. Time passes and things get worse...

ipVb9kvzPWMK4.jpg

iJcWhdlGxsd6f.jpg

Enemies spawn constantly, but after activating teleport the boss spawns and after 90 seconds enemy spawn is blocked.
That's the fourth type of boss i've seen, it can't jump so it has been really easy.

iPV75UHDEjQZl.jpg

That missiles are a very nice upgrade, they are fired automatically when you hit enemies (and not just when you fire).

ibxIv199Ja9P0r.jpg

I've found the tesla uprade that hurts nearby enemies. So i sticked in a rope and damaged enemies since that types couldn't really harm me while i was above.
Farm chance? Maybe. Useful hanging in here? Definetly not.

iLrTd4scnNdFG.jpg

That is an easy boss... But there are 2, place is small, there are enemies (some with seeking rockets), respawn. I was slowly working on colossus, but i died before completing the opera...

iEh6ysfGonwQY.jpg

At least i unlocked this one, a ne heavy character. I feels different to play.

Imho, at last after 2 hours of play:
great atmosphere
great music
excellent gameplay
abilities are cool
very nice powerups
levels are random but they feel well built
the character i unlocked feel different by default one (and i've read some comments that also other characters have their own meaning)
it's hard but not so blasphemy inducing
respawn is not an issue but a mechanics
i like the pace, not slow but somewhat pondered and not too fast
to me, it looks wonderful
i even like the name

1 word: cool!
Maybe it could become repeptitive, but after 2 hours i feel i'm just at the beginning... There's also local and net coop (by local i mean on same pc).

Last edited:

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Risk Of Rain
Finally i bought it. I suddenly liked it when i played demo for an hour.
Character may seem too little, but that has never remotely been an issue for gameplay.
ivgrr8Yhse3RA.jpg

That's the starting survivor. First one is the standard ability, other ones have a cicle time... Nice the presence of a difensive one.

iu6gWb28Q8niq.jpg

You start with the bar set to very easy. Time passes and things get worse...

ipVb9kvzPWMK4.jpg

iJcWhdlGxsd6f.jpg

Enemies spawn constantly, but after activating teleport the boss spawns and after 90 seconds enemy spawn is blocked.
That's the fourth type of boss i've seen, it can't jump so it has been really easy.

iPV75UHDEjQZl.jpg

That missiles are a very nice upgrade, they are fired automatically when you hit enemies (and not just when you fire).

ibxIv199Ja9P0r.jpg

I've found the tesla uprade that hurts nearby enemies. So i sticked in a rope and damaged enemies since that types couldn't really harm me while i was above.
Farm chance? Maybe. Useful hanging in here? Definetly not.

iLrTd4scnNdFG.jpg

That is an easy boss... But there are 2, place is small, there are enemies (some with seeking rockets), respawn. I was slowly working on colossus, but i died before completing the opera...

iEh6ysfGonwQY.jpg

At least i unlocked this one, a ne heavy character. I feels different to play.

Imho, at last after 2 hours of play:
great atmosphere
great music
excellent gameplay
abilities are cool
very nice powerups
levels are random but they feel well built
the character i unlocked feel different by default one (and i've read some comments that also other characters have their own meaning)
it's hard but not so blasphemy inducing
respawn is not an issue but a mechanics
i like the pace, not slow but somewhat pondered and not too fast
to me, it looks wonderful
i even like the name
1 word: cool!
Maybe it could become repeptitive, but after 2 hours i feel i'm just at the beginning... There's also local and net coop (by local i mean on same pc).
Thanks, now if we just vote for it on the summer sale, it will go for 2,25.

Shadenuat

Arcane
81343125.jpg

Not shaping up as a clean run I imagined it would be

Got to Arnika anyway

Dual nunchaku worse that I imagined, can't penetrate armor on Expert :M
Waiting for 100 STR, will see if worth it or not. If not I'll edit in dagger skill cause I found 1 Sai...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Xenonauts, veteran ironman, post-scriptum

achtung: contains a truckload of screens, but it's hella cool

8CApkz.jpg

Holy Terra, August 1980. The invasion is very much completely under control. And well, it's been like this ever since the Xenonauts managed to establish two more bases in the second month of the operation.

After that they basically steamrolled to victory, as can be seen by the amount of jewgold I have right now, as well as the funding and maintenance costs.

I could have actually launched the final mission way earlier, even in April, but I did not realise that only Caesans carry battle rifles needed for gauss guns, so that tech came up much much too late.

UOnTuZ.jpg

Judenburg, the place where it all started. Four marauders rule the skies over Europe, Africa and most of the Soviet Union.

Our brave crew!

2zzbFt.jpg

First is the Turbochomik II hovertank, which had to replace Turbochomik I that exploded itself on last mission. Those fucking tanks can be a fuckton of a liability at times.

And the xenonauts themselves

kX7cVE.jpg

Colonel herostratus is the chief luckerfag of this operation, and the only remaining member of the original platoon. But that's p. much only because he was assigned shield duty the entire time, changing to singularity cannon only for the purpose of the last mission. And he really is a luckerfag. He once survived two alien bazooka blasts and took only 15 damage. Also, that hovertank that blew itself up? He was caught in the blast. Took 35 damage. R00fles!

jWiyMN.jpg

Next up, Commander desocupado III. His first incarnation lived some 2 or 3 missions, starting with heavy weapons. After that the heavy guns were taken over by Mystary and he switched to rifles, but is back to heavy weapons now because of excellent stats. I have no idea how his second incarnation died, but he almost hit the dirt once when he got shot in the back by a stray shot (saved vs death). He is also now the chief packmule, carrying ammo for Herostratus and Excidium.

SoQPaz.jpg

Commander Reject III. Another luckerfag, got hit and died by a stray fusion grenade, but saved vs death. All his incarnations were riflemen, but for the final mission he took up sniping duties. Reject Prime was one of the best dudes of the original platoon, and its first captain. His loss was very uncool. Reject II died in some stupid way, but I don't even remember how.

FbYfhE.jpg

Lieutenant Jaedar VII takes the cake for being the platoon's chief punching bag. Counting and remembering all his deaths would be rather futile, but such is the life of an assault dude.

rpWF9k.jpg

Don't be fooled by Lieutenant Alex II's low number. Alex Prime was one of the very first casualties of the war, and his geneseed got kicked into the freezer after that. He was only brought back when I was able to field 10 dudes + tank with my valkyrie dropship. His stats are atrocious, which is why he was given shield duty.

0x6KmI.jpg

Then we have Commander Excidium II, who is this outfit's 2nd longest-lasting member after Herostratus. He is also p. much one of the MVPs because his skill with the RPG is fucking bitchin', and it meant the difference between life and death in many missions. This is why he retains his weapon of choice for the last mission.

c130ZB.jpg

Lieutenant Cojones IV, the second dude to break the clone number of III. He used to be a good sniper throughout all his incarnations, but got demoted to rifleman now. Cojones Prime was one of the rising stars of the platoon, first to attain major, but he died to a really fucking stupid mistake during an otherwise routine mission. Cojones III has the dubious honour of being the killer of Mystary II, but in turn he later got wasted when Jaedar VI got mind-controlled. Karma is a bitch.

LfUdkW.jpg

Sergeant Mystary! III took up heavy weapons after Deso Prime got wasted, and he was doing an excellent job at it for most of his career. Mystary I died p. fast, I think, but Mystary II managed to live long enough to attain the rank of major. And then he got shot in the back by Cojones retarded aiming and died. Mystary III's tour of duty so far has been very short, but he already had many successes. Alas, he had to get demoted to rifleman duties for the last mission because Deso was just a much better candidate for the heavy guns.

Also, the fact he's still a sgt while all the other useless newfags are lt is a sure sign of corruption within the Xenonauts command staff.

Xytgwg.jpg

Lieutenant root II is very much the same story as Alex. Root Prime was the first casualty of this war iirc.

9NnRHH.jpg

Finally, lieutenant Roxorowski III. Roxorowski didn't have an easy career - his first incarnation died on the same mission Cojones Prime did, which was a ridiculous hit to the team's morale because Roxorowski was already a commander by then, and the most long-lasting member along with Herostratus and Cojones. Roxorowski II was actually on a good way to retain his status some time later, but he had an unfortunate affair with a reaper. Roxorowski III is but a shadow of his former glory.

r85oJb.jpg

Going in with 4 sub-captain newfags is very likely to end up terribly, but I can't be arsed to wait any longer.

The idea is simple. We have 1 magstorm, 1 singularity cannon, 1 rpg and a hovertank. This is enough ordnance to blow EVERYTHING to hell and back and get out alive.

8o7b9P.jpg

so it begins.

pPFo1R.jpg

And it begins p. well.

y8oaFs.jpg

Herostratus, Mystary and Root proceed to one sideroom to take out a generator, Jaedar, Roxorowski and hovertank go to the other. Meanwhile, we start mercilessly bombarding the centre room chockful of sectoids, and Deso wastes the alien cyberdisk.

FTayLM.jpg

Good news is, one generator is out. Bad news is, the other team wasn't that lucky, and the 2nd generator was paid for with the blood of Roxorowski III and the hovertank :salute:

Dw680M.jpg

Alex II bravely sacrifices himself to throw a fusion grenade at a Caesan elite with his dying breath, his shield having broken down long ago :salute:

16lTIH.jpg

A blind singularity hit wastes two motherfuckers.

ah405G.jpg

... when suddenly things get real ugly

OK MEN WE HAVE TO DOUBLE TIME THIS SHIT

hvD5Lu.jpg

AND THE THINGS GET EVEN MORE UGLY

Jaedar is mind-controlled and shoots Herostratus to death. We've just lost our most important ace. Fuck.

sjELvz.jpg

Also, Root can't run fast enough to escape the reaper.

NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON THE RIPPAAAAAAAAAAA

The situation quickly spirals completely out of control. Due to a retarded missclick, Reject kills Jaedar. Deso panicks and runs straight into the reapers. Reject tries to move forward to get a better shot on the high praetor but gets sniped by a harridan. Excidium is out of rockets, picks up Deso's fallen heavy MG and shoots blindly, but doesn't kill anything, then gets mind-controlled. Mystary is also lost somewhere in the clusterfuck, I think he got sniped by a harridan when moving forward as well.

IS THIS THE END FOR THE XENONAUTS AND, INDEED, HUMANITY ITSELF?!

hda2Il.jpg

The fate of the free world is now on your shoulders, lieutenant Cojones. Don't fuck this up.

A burst with 33% chance to hit does not make for good chances, but it's all we have.

SRhvVL.jpg

HO LEE FUK :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

iwoyq5.jpg

Killing the praetor freed Excidium from mind control. He charges forward and takes cover, escaping the reapers for now.

The escape pods are just past the two harridans. Come on, people, you can make it.

Unfortunately, Cojones is out in the open and left with no TU to gtfo.

UJMlWI.jpg

The ending to his glorious sacrifice is predictable.

The bad news is, Excidium also gets unnerved and suppressed by one last remaining Caesan officer, which leaves him a sitting duck for one full turn...

SEduYn.jpg

:hmmm:

TIME FOR A PERFECT HOME RUN!

VgV3GE.jpg

PAIN IS BUT AN ILLUSION CREATED BY THE MIND

JJkt2F.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HE MADE IT

HOLY SHIT HE MADE IT

S8LLhP.jpg

Turns out Mystary also managed to play dead and crawl his way out to the escape pods as well when the alien mutha ship was going down. Good job, gentlemen.

m04Y1x.jpg

A bitter victory to be sure, snatched right from the jaws of defeat itself. But the Xenonauts knew what they were fighting for, and their duty had to be done. For as long as the enemies of mankind still draw breath, there can be no peace :salute:

hesus dat was crazy

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Oh cruel fate, it looks like the sniper has become the sniped!

You got one shot on the high praetor before you died, though. Without that, who knows if Cojones would have succeeded :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom