Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BDBF07AD8F81B6A1DEC5E3FFC574EF888C86C98F

971FB9E346DB7FCF615B94551B82F9051F1C7EA7

A72F257741341FD6885AA043D3FFE5228386FAE2

421A0C797BCA1F77B311B84DC3D3AE73BCC5C859

7C87121046E8163571DB79858FFCB55F29723D96

A400A9C76860645AB3E60F884B9F0995809A939C

Afterfall InSanity received so many negative reviews in the media that I expected it to be boring... but it only proves what a facade gaming journalism is. This game is a Polish Dead Space, except it's better than the original! The gameplay and the atmosphere are exactly the same as in Dead Space, however with some improvements, like here melee combat is actually alright and not annoying, although ranged one still feels mediocre at best. I cannot comprehend why two such similar games received so different reviews, I can only guess there were not enough advertisements and Doritos for journos. I definitely recommend the game for everyone who liked the first Dead Space and tell everyone else that they should give it a try as well, because it really is a surprisingly decent game. It isn't anything great that one would replay or remember years from now on, but it surely is worth its price (only 1.69 Euro right now), as it will give you some enjoyable evening or two.

I'm only in the middle of the game at the moment, but above are my impressions so far.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
How does it compare to Dead Space in terms of level design? Is there any exploration or is it streamlined popamole? I kind of liked DS1 and the potato-ness of Afterfall seems cool to me.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Afterfall InSanity received so many negative reviews in the media that I expected it to be boring... but it only proves what a facade gaming journalism is. This game is a Polish Dead Space, except it's better than the original! .
Afterfall is gr8 fuck da haters :outrage:

Afterfall Inanity is like the twitcher. A mediocre game that potatoes love because of the dev rather than the quality of the game.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, kind of like with Fallouts, I only like them because kwans made them, if these games were made by Canadians, I wouldn't even play them.

Unwanted

Xu Fugui

Unwanted
IWD playthrough.

I gotta play that fucking game.
Yup, I will be replaying this badboy after I've finished BG and fooled around with Hard Truck Apocalypse for a bit, the atmosphere in this game is unbeatable and it's easily the second prettiest IE game by far only outdone by Torment. It's funny how I ended up liking what pretty much is the b-team's sales filler/slamdunk games so much more than the hyped up BG trilogy in every regard.

Anyway, next time I play BG I should remember to take some screens so that I have something to actually post in this thread. I've just beaten Durlag's Tower/TotSC.

Seerix

Arbiter
How to (not)survive in Rimworld - with some pictures:
<==>
Our starting location is pretty good, that little thing up there with sizable ore deposit looks like a perfect spot for our town base.
APusVj2.png

==>
We call our home Barker Hills, with not a single hill or dog in sight.
cp9K9bR.png

==>
Our little base is growing nicely, whatever could go wrong.
wfj8HQy.png

==>
Huh, I don't recall Boomrats going boom this hard
fNxKyqW.png

==>
Oh Randy, I should have known dropping down a pile of med supplies was too good to be without consequences. And that actually turned out accidentally(I think) into a nice little sequence. First I find out about all the juicy medical debris from the ship and right after I sent my survivors to haul the goods, fucking raiders land right on top of them. As if they were chasing the stuff already.
qWfEH72.png

==>
Beginning of the assault and our end
UCQF4x3.png

==>
Scramble to build some last moment defense turrets
xwUvU9w.png

==>
We are too stupid to pull it off properly
d0aGh0v.png

==>
Situation goes out of control, we hide in the generously named "dining hall" while our resident fatass Smokey decides that going hungry during an raider assault is unacceptable and "abandons" us by hiding in stockpile area.
7qsJTmJ.png

==>
At least those motherfuckers are too dump to not run into their own fire, one or two actually functioning turrets do help a little bit, too.
v5y3qwi.png

==>
Surviving raiders retreat, to heal their mostly self inflicted wounds.
UvtyHJA.png

==>
Fire keeps spreading, our little family keeps falling apart. Not a bad idea for the future: if you want to contain fire with sandbags, put them INSIDE the base. :roll:
iS3bCin.png

==>
Ash is first to die, goes apeshit on some Boomrat with fatal results for both of them.
7IEJ6fs.png

==>
In the meantime, some wandering monks(?) visit remains of our humble abode and are not impressed, demented Smokey is so rude, he pretends to not even notice them.
5YqsFTA.png

==>
He doesn't live long anyway, after finally leaving the ruins he seems to die immediately of a stroke.
rZQI3XQ.png

==>
Ivia is the last and dies somewhere in the wilds... bleeding out from starvation? This game does weird things sometimes, too bad I failed to grab the screens with specific messages.
OaYRNKj.png

==>
Many days later what remains of our town base lies abandoned but it appears that some battle has been fought in its proximity as evidenced by an additional corpse. I really wish this gets properly expanded and AI survivors will actually try to take over abandoned player structures, it's kind of boring to see them either ignore everything or destroy it randomly.
LWZZe6b.png

THE END
<==>

Essegi

Cipher
This was the only point where i used bombs (maybe also in fighter's challenge room), that crab is an heavy hitter. Not good to be in a 2*1 room with this...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom