Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Go home Milan,you're drunk.

dNHIh62.jpg

Boyarpunk

Hey there, fuckface-uh!
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Codex USB, 2014

Essegi

Cipher
I don't remember that crab in my playthrough of LoG. Are you using a mod, Essegi?
*scratches head*
Nope, i was playing it non modded:
http://grimrock.wikia.com/wiki/Giant_Crab

Huh. My memory must be going, then. It wasn't that long ago that I completed Grimrock.
Guess those giant crabs were so uneventfully easy to deal with that I completely forgot them. :cool:
They hit hard.:D

An interesting mod here:
Keep on the Borderlands 1.0.0 for ToEE
I've not played it but i've always heard that is a very good D&D module...
Just some shots of the beginiing. I admit that this is a bait hoping to lure someone in to try it and report if it's good...
Started with pregen chars to see something quickly. Char gen is nearly identical to ToEE, there are some new skills and feats (not that i recognized them, i remember nothing from ToEE).

it2WA2vaqQsEr.jpg

Well, i've always tought that thief is the most useful class...

iJzuYmJuhUrAA.jpg

Main gate...

ibh4d9tF9NLzKM.jpg

There are some empty buildings...

ij98ud1LZrDfF.jpg

Church!

iYnsBQLgMrked.jpg

A closed place...

irV5nqbiuRZQ6.jpg

A market.

ibuzuC25rwhyob.jpg

Ok, so i passed time then went to the pub...

i08byQQ5zv4RS.jpg

I managed to recruit 2 mercenaries...

icMRZ6Plmh5SR.jpg

Then i laughed at the wrong person and they imprsoned me... There are also the 2 mercenaries. No avatar though (i haven't checked char screen now that i think...).
Just some search and exit is found.

izXNGt943zZCn.jpg

City map

iccOCpuUnyphx.jpg

World map.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
One Way Heroics:

zIXCGtl.png
4xFD9Lv.png
Oc8fBqM.png
L6eLsya.png
Uz8OHtW.png
W4c9D45.png

:ehue:

Cute little roguelike, I'm having a great time with it. Especially since it costs less than a dollar on Steam.

The interesting thing is that the screen keeps moving foward and kills you if you get off-screen, kind of like the old time levels from Mario. So every movement you make wastes time and the darkness gets closer...

Ivan

Arcane
Shovel Knight
6DE62A10A2BE71C471F9EA11A48F0502B3666072
F0175A6652219BC74F75E098F709C057681474BF
18121FC87AC507205ACF2CDA60C08AFF6F6423BB
Pretty awesome kickstarter game. Definitely easier than Volgar, but still plenty awesome with awesum music and much charm. Reminds me of my Super Nintendo days.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
One Way Heroics:
:ehue:

Cute little roguelike, I'm having a great time with it. Especially since it costs less than a dollar on Steam.

The interesting thing is that the screen keeps moving foward and kills you if you get off-screen, kind of like the old time levels from Mario. So every movement you make wastes time and the darkness gets closer...
71F392CE197B3EDACEB143A23413FD6111E1DC5D

:smug:

Unwanted

Xu Fugui

Unwanted
So after Durlag's Tower I just sort of lost the pace. When you've rolfstomped Aec'Letec's ass (that fight was pretty cool) the rest of the encounters feels like bad filler.
rKgWhGC.jpg

The place looks great though. I've equipped Khalid with boots of speed and for some reason the idea of a stuttering half-elven maniac cutting up mages before they've even cast their first spell is funny to me.
mVqJbsI.jpg

XIfWqso.jpg

Woha, that guy was a greater doppelganger. It's not like I've fought over a dozen of them in Durlag's Tower or anything. *yawn*
BKykQN2.jpg

Insta-gibbed. Later I ran into the leaders of the Iron Throne.
XjwZQlo.jpg

What a bunch of pushovers. Accidently hit my own guys with an aoe spell, Dynaheir got a shit spell selection but since my party consists of good guys I had little choice. What really grinds my gears is the poor pathfinding, it's absolutely lethal in the tighter areas of the game. Especially firewine ruins was a total hell for me.
TMirF28.jpg

d8P2lnZ.jpg

I think TosC would have benefited greatly if it was set after the main game so that balance in the main game is retained and you can ramp up the challenge without it detracting from the base game. ToB got that right so I guess they learned. Another thing that's unbalanced is its content ratio. At the start of the game you have a vast amount of screens to clear often finding one or two quest in each. Nashkel and Bergeost are just fine. Then you enter Baldur's Gate and everyone and his dog has a quest for you to do and often they approach you with it. Due to the poor journal in this game I found that very annoying since I had to keep track of several quests at once. With a better system this wouldn't be so much of an issue but often times the journal doesn't even tell you that you've finished a quest.

Another annoyance is that neutral characters complain if you're good. Since Jaheira is paired with Khalid it's inevitable that one of them starts bitching, who thought this was a good idea? Anyway, now I'm going to clean up these dungeons under Candlekeep and get me some tomes. Cheerio.

Turjan

Arcane
Then you enter Baldur's Gate and everyone and his dog has a quest for you to do and often they approach you with it. Due to the poor journal in this game I found that very annoying since I had to keep track of several quests at once. With a better system this wouldn't be so much of an issue but often times the journal doesn't even tell you that you've finished a quest.
Yeah, someone should mod in quest arrows :troll:. But yes, I know what you mean. With the split of the map into lots of connected small maps, orientation is a bit difficult the first time you play the game.

Another annoyance is that neutral characters complain if you're good. Since Jaheira is paired with Khalid it's inevitable that one of them starts bitching, who thought this was a good idea?
I usually have her strip naked and wrestle a bear. Khalid's grief is short.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What is that, kony? Two Worlds?
Yes, it's the first Two Worlds. Unlike the sequel, this one has truly open world, like Gothics and TES. It's a decent game too, not as good as Gothic 1/2/NotR or Morrowind, but it's better than Gothic 3 or Oblivion. At least that's my impression after a few hours of gameplay. I'm still at the beginning of the game, but I decided to ignore the main quest, as I usually do in open world cRPGs, and be exploring the map until I get bored or I explore it all.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
An interesting mod here:
Keep on the Borderlands 1.0.0 for ToEE
I've not played it but i've always heard that is a very good D&D module...
Just some shots of the beginiing. I admit that this is a bait hoping to lure someone in to try it and report if it's good...
It's certainly the most played one, since it was sold inside those 1980s beginners' D&D boxed sets that sold in the millions. Otherwise, it is the low level home base + wilderness + dungeon module, and because it has been so tremendously influential on RPGs, and imitated so many times, it can feel either like the missing link (''So this is where all that other stuff has come from!'') or completely generic (''Haven't I seen this a hundred times?'').

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom