Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Divinity: Original Sin Codex Fundraiser Looting Spree

Angthoron

Arcane
1,5 hours of arranging your personal info and photoshopping your wives' pics later, I'm done with the current batch.

Still lacking a whole bunch of info from you people, so if you want your rewards sent to you some time this year, please to contact.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I still don't know why you need a picture of both sides of my credit card. But that's ok, there's no risk in sending this kind of info to a fellow codexian.
Don't forget to send the fingerprints and the retinal scan.

I read that as RECTAL scan.....sounded pretty legit as a Codexian request.
I can see now a future in which DarkUnderlord implements rectal scans as a login mechanism for the Codex. It would work like a 2-factor authentication scheme, everyone using his/her/its own rectal probe, genetically coded to his/her/its DNA.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I can see now a future in which DarkUnderlord implements rectal scans as a login mechanism for the Codex. It would work like a 2-factor authentication scheme, everyone using his/her/its/nir/vis/eir/hir/zir/xyr own rectal probe, genetically coded to his/her/its/nir/vis/eir/hir/zir/xyr DNA.
Corrected. Future Codex will be multi-gender-tolerant.

Weasel
I can see now a future in which DarkUnderlord implements rectal scans as a login mechanism for the Codex. It would work like a 2-factor authentication scheme, everyone using his/her/its own rectal probe, genetically coded to his/her/its DNA.

This new high security authentication scheme is probably unnecessary for the regular members of the Codex but absolutely essential for moderators, admins and Crispy. Perhaps the system could be tested on these priority users for a couple of years first.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Response from our previous:

Hi there! :)

Thank you for your message.

We'll put in your requests.

Best regards,

Lynn Vanbesien
Larian Studios​

Our next challenge:

Hello backers!

The time has come to create your own unique dual dialog to be included in your edition of the game.

For the uninitiated, dual dialogs are moments in the game where players can discuss a topic. Each player offers their own opinion of the topic at hand.

Your unique dual dialog will be triggered in game by a certain item, the details of which we’ll send when we send you your unique access code upon release.

Get ready to download the file below and fill it in:
http://larian.com/CreateYourOwnDialog-1.xlsx

The excel file explains the format of the dialog and provides 2 examples of how to fill out the attached sheet. We ask that you fill in the red fields (warning: each field should contain no more than 250 characters) and save the excel file as your SURNAME_FIRSTNAME.xlsx (e.g. Smith_John.xls; Lee_Hojin.lsx) before sending it back to us at kickstarter@larian.com.

Please send us your personalized dual dialogs on or before Thursday, June 26 if you wish to have your dual dialog included with your shipping code. If we do not receive your dual dialog on or before this date, we’ll have to patch it in at a later time.​

Sitra Achara was our winner with his entry:

Item A: Plank
Item B: Sturdy Rock
Combination: You place one end of the plank on the ground, and the other on the rock.
Upon building the above, your partner butts in:

Char 1: "What's that for?"
Char 2: "It is an Incline."​

incline1.png

incline2.png

incline3.png

As you can see, I've gone for True BioWare Choices™.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Divinity: Original Sin is nearing its release date on June 30th, so it is time for you to choose your pet you would like to name in the game.

To do this, you need to download the picture below and choose the animal of your liking:
http://larian.com/Animals_Sheet.png

The deadline for sending it back to us is Monday, June 30th. Should you not manage by Monday, we will add your pet later to the game via a patch.

Thank you for your continued support!​

Azrael the cat's winning entry:

Well, as much as I'd like to appear as a certain cat with a taste for small blue humanoids who's constantly hamstrung by the idiocy of his master, surely there's only one plausible suggestion for the Codex pet: Andyman Messiah.

Basically you get to 'buy' a horse incredibly cheaply - spare change for the player at that point of the game - as part of a quest reward. The horse is called Andy, and before you can even pay for him, the old geezer you were going to buy him from dies of a heart attack. You then get an option to try riding the horse, but it simply refuses to move while you're sitting on it. It also refuses to carry any of your inventory, but nonetheless follows you around and prods you to feed it. A few times later in the game you wake up to find that 'someone' has put all of Andy's gear on your back - i.e. his oats, spare horseshoes and sugarcubes are all tied to a sack around your neck; you look up and see Andy - if a horse could talk you'd swear he was saying 'yeah, let's see you carry someone else's shit, bitch. Now get down and give me a fucking piggyback into town.'

Also, in the first town you stop in after buying Andy, some beggar happens to be revealed as a fraud just as you're passing through, and to avoid punishment he points at Andy and claims that he must be some sort of mystical savior of a horse, to magically give him his 'missing' leg back. Word spreads, and every place you go you encounter an increasing number of followers of the cult of 'Andy the horse-man Messiah'.​

Sadly, we are out of horse. The rats look kind of nice. ALSO ROBOTS.

Also it'd be nice if they'd sent all these in one e-mail rather than drip-feeding them out in the last few days before release but hey, what can you do.

I'll send them Azrael's suggestion but failing that, I might just pick the Brown Deer and call it, "Andyman Messiah, the Horse".

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Question: Will the codex content be in all versions of the game or does it need speshul kickstarter code to be enabled?

Angthoron

Arcane
So guys, a heads-up:

Apparently, your beta keys should turn into full game at launch today. If this does not happen, or you gave your key away, please let me know, I have spare keys to give to the backers. I'd appreciate if you don't abuse this, because I will need these keys to feed all the wives I've stolen from Codex.

As for personal customization, I do not have keys for that, but I'd expect them to land on your Larian Vault accounts soon, and will work with Larian on it to make sure it - and other loot - reaches those that are entitled to it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
sooooooooooooooooooo

if I donated through 'dex and got the early access thing on steam a long time ago which now updated automatically into full version, and there is no D:OS on my larpian vault (yet?)

can I get it off gawg in any way or something? Or am I stuck with steam version? Because I'd rather play anything (especially multiplayer) off steam if I can.

Angthoron

Arcane
sooooooooooooooooooo

if I donated through 'dex and got the early access thing on steam a long time ago which now updated automatically into full version, and there is no D:OS on my larpian vault (yet?)

can I get it off gawg in any way or something? Or am I stuck with steam version? Because I'd rather play anything (especially multiplayer) off steam if I can.
There's supposed to be some way to recall the key manually, but that might be only doable if you have shiz associated with your Vault - I haven't tried, so I dunno, some bro might help out with this. Also, according to Larian, currently Steam versions are the better choice for MP.

I've currently only 5 keys for GOG, and they're reserved for people that requested it during my previous mass-messaging spree - but I'll ask if I can get more GOG keys. Do you need it badly to be GOG or bust, or can you stick to Steam for now?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Did the alpha/beta keys turn into final releases? If I remember, they weren't supposed to. That's why I allowed my extra alpha/beta keys to be given to other codexers.

Weasel
Did the alpha/beta keys turn into final releases? If I remember, they weren't supposed to. That's why I allowed my extra alpha/beta keys to be given to other codexers.
There will be an option on Larian vault to cancel these keys and issue new ones if you have given them away. Not sure how the ones from the Codex fundraiser will be handled though, guess its more manual work for Angthoron

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
There will be an option on Larian vault to cancel these keys and issue new ones if you have given them away. Not sure how the ones from the Codex fundraiser will be handled though, guess its more manual work for Angthoron

More work for Angthoron is always a good thing.

Angthoron

Arcane
I only distribute keys, I don't screw around with your LV accounts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom