Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's the deal with Divine and Beyond Divinity?

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Volourn said:
"It is by fare more difficult than JADE EMPIRE"

From what i saw, DD was rather easy. I forgot how many undead I killed; not to mention orcs (IIRC, they wer eorcs) before I shot off the game. I think I killed more enemies in the two palces I visited than I did the entire game of JE, and that was maybe 2 hours of playing.

Then again, I'm sure I'll be told that it gets 'harder' just after I quit. L0L

As I already tried to explain (also to you): If you use all your magic upgrades for your weapons, the beginning of the game can be made quite easy, but the later parts will be more difficult. If you save your magical upgrades till later in the game, then it's difficult in the beginning and gets much easier in the end.

mister lamat

Scholar
if i save up all my extra men, contra is way easier during the end levels as well.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Volourn said:
Nonsense. The game has poor writing, a horrible combat system reminding me of Lionheart, billions of easy opponents to slaughter at will at the same time, poor role-playing (with very few exemptions), and no heart or soul. Aty leats that's what i saw before I quit the shit fest. I'm sure, as usual, the fanboys will claim that it gets better 5 minutes after I stopped playing. L0L

I don't know any self proclaimed 'real' 'role-player' can even pretend that it's a good role-playing game let alone great. It's a game that only Oblivionites could like.

Says someone who's all time favourite is NWN 1. And he even is a fanboy of it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, I'm such a fanboy that I rate the OC 75%! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

psycojester

Arbiter
You killed orcs and undead..... so basically what your telling us Volly is that you played the first dungeon, failed, tried to explore the forest and died?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
psycojester said:
You killed orcs and undead..... so basically what your telling us Volly is that you played the first dungeon, failed, tried to explore the forest and died?
Yep, seems he met at least one Orc.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"You killed orcs and undead..... so basically what your telling us Volly is that you played the first dungeon, failed, tried to explore the forest and died?"

I didn't fail. The game failed. Don't blame me for the game being shit.

Xi

Arcane
It's a rare Gem to find in modern gaming, whether Volourn likes it or not. For $5-10 you are a fucking idiot not to buy it. Seriously, probably one of the best ActionRPGs I've ever played.

psycojester

Arbiter

Yeah if only those enemies had been scaled to your level you'd have been fine :roll: We all know its never the gamers fault that he's incompetant

Texas Red

Whiner
psycojester said:

Yeah if only those enemies had been scaled to your level you'd have been fine :roll: We all know its never the gamers fault that he's incompetant

Volourn always tells me to stop lying when I claim that the OC of NWN 1 is rediculously easy.

Ladonna

Arcane
It is terribly hard to finish the NWN1 OC though. Only managed it once myself.

All the other times my character was lost in the dreaded uninstall.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Yeah if only those enemies had been scaled to your level you'd have been fine We all know its never the gamers fault that he's incompetant"

Except the game is easy. You'd have to be incompetent to find it to be even midly difficult. The game failed at being fun.

Ladonna

Arcane
How in hells name do you know how easy it is? You only played 2 hours of it, no?

Silly Volly, silly.... :lol:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Yeah; but in those two hours or so I slaughtered hundreds of undead and hundreds of orcs. That's nearing the amount of combat you face in all of JE (over 20-30 hours unless you are one of those speed demons who claim to have beaten the game in 1.2 hours, R00fles!).

Texas Red

Whiner
Volourn said:
Yeah; but in those two hours or so I slaughtered hundreds of undead and hundreds of orcs. That's nearing the amount of combat you face in all of JE (over 20-30 hours unless you are one of those speed demons who claim to have beaten the game in 1.2 hours, R00fles!).

Did you ever thought that perhaps Divine Divinity is in a different genre? Or can you not make a difference from Diablo and KotOR? And from what Ive seen the starting dungeons are always easier than what later the game can offer, no?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Did you ever thought that perhaps Divine Divinity is in a different genre? Or can you not make a difference from Diablo and KotOR?"

Last i checked, DD is supposedly an Action RPG (as someone pointed out earlier). It's trying to be a RPG with real time combat - just like JE. Dumbass.

Also, how difficult a game is or isn't is irrlevant to what genre it is. A game is eitehr easy,hard, challenging, or average difficulty.

" And from what Ive seen the starting dungeons are always easier than what later the game can offer, no?"

Nope. Not always. Sure, enemies are usually stronger than earlier dungeon enemies; but that doesn't neccessarily make them harder for the player/character since the character will likely be stronger in the last dungeon then they were in the first. So, in essence, it evens out.

AZ

Liturgist
Volly, you are wrong - the first part of the game is easy, but if you don't plan ahead your charter, it will be very challenging. And I don't think it is a good concept, because I couldn't finish the game because stupid decision I made thinking that like in Diablo it would be extremely hard to fuck up character building.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom