Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Matt exposed for the gaming fraud he really is.
Go back to doing interviews, Matt. At least you can't really lose when doing those.

Ivan

Arcane
Manned the fuck up and made a new party/ Now that I understand the game better it's not so bad. Also, I just discovered you can do something at the 4 towers. :P missed that the first time around

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Someone tell Matt he should only fight enemies his own level.

Also I thought there weren't any trash battles. :M

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/...-an-odd-mix-of-old-and-new-school-rpg-design/

Dumbass review
This game is bad because you can't move in every zone immediately, it doesn't have a quest system like WoW, and crafting shouldn't exist in a single player game with a party.

Verdict: Buy it when you have the time.
So you're angry because a positive review isn't positive enough? Reminds me of the reception to my System Shock 2 impressions. :lol:

Also his criticisms are fair. Larian completely failed when it came to sign-posting (other than showing you the level of any given enemy) and the crafting/inventory interface is terribad.

And then I realized I just defended a Rowan Kaiser article look what you made me do.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Indeed, we need more Codexers to donate at $500+ tiers so they can continue giving me their extra codes.
All my Codex bros have to do is ask and if I have an extra key available. :love:
I would ask but I've forgotten what all the donor icons mean/what games they go to. Sadly, you don't appear to have KS'ed vaporware Deadstate.

set

Cipher
Divinity on normal is not that hard, at all. You have to be pretty shitty to take a full point off for being such a wuss you can't stomach setting your game to easy.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Matt Barton embraces decline:
I can't imagine what the hard difficulty is like, but they should have made the normal difficulty the "hard mode" and eased up on the normal. Not everybody wants every battle hinging on a single dice roll!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Normal is total face roll once you get up and running. It can be a bit hard in the first hour or so (but then again most of that time is spent in the first town talking and solving quests) if you don't go and recruit Jahan/Madora but that doesn't last for long. If he put in at least ten hours I can't see how he could conclude normal to be too hard.

"I know, I did not believe people like this existed few years ago, but I think they are the norm now. Back in the day you would keep something like this to yourself or try and phrase it a different way. Now people just flat come out with that it is hard to read, how can you not be embarrassed to admit that?"

Bullshitz. It's always been this way.

No it has not. When I was growing up no kid would just come out and say with no shame that he did not like to play a game because it was hard to read and pay attention. All the anti-bullying BS probably has kids thinking being a dumb tard is just another type of unique awesomeness, its not BAD, its just different!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Normal is total face roll once you get up and running. It can be a bit hard in the first hour or so (but then again most of that time is spent in the first town talking and solving quests) if you don't go and recruit Jahan/Madora but that doesn't last for long. If he put in at least ten hours I can't see how he could conclude normal to be too hard.

Maybe he sucks at building characters, positioning in battle, etc it's not hard to figure out why people might have difficulties. I doubt he abuses OP shit like bully or leech or is even aware of those being that good

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
." Not everybody wants every battle hinging on a single dice roll!"

What an idiot. No battle hinges on a single dice roll. Not one. The game sin't hard. I wouldn't call it 'easy' either' but it's nowhere near the most challenging game. Maybe top 100 if lucky.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Maybe he sucks at building characters, positioning in battle, etc it's not hard to figure out why people might have difficulties. I doubt he abuses OP shit like bully or leech or is even aware of those being that good
I didn't pick leech on any of my characters and only had bully on my ranger because it was part of the default class build. Started totally blind with a cleric and ranger. Was struggling with some of the undead outside (I believe I killed the lighthouse 'boss' with just my two mains and Jahan) when I thought Jahan/Madora was an either/or proposition. When I realized I could have both it was smooth sailing.

So, yes, initially I can see someone having issues. But if you've played enough to make a review/rate it then it's moronic to knock it down a star or level or whatever for being too difficult on normal... because it simply isn't.

So they released new party AI's it sounds like:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/15/d...el=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Anybody know if I can change my already chosen random AI or do I need to start over to do that?
I'm told you can change at your own house.
I have not unlocked the room with a beds and mirrors, where is that? is it at the end of time? I only unlocked hall of heroes and then saved and have not played since, is it in hall of heroes or is it a different and separate area?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'm guessing probably the one with the mirror since that lets you customize appearance.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yes, it's in the End of Time homebase thing. I believe it's the second or third portal you open. Maybe even the first.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Indeed, we need more Codexers to donate at $500+ tiers so they can continue giving me their extra codes.
All my Codex bros have to do is ask and if I have an extra key available. :love:
I would ask but I've forgotten what all the donor icons mean/what games they go to. Sadly, you don't appear to have KS'ed vaporware Deadstate.

I did just on KS, not here. I should get an extra code at the level I pledged at (I think) so I'll check into it for you.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Normal RPG behavior suggests that if players receive a quest—without a giant skull icon or other “high-level” warning—then they should be capable of completing that quest immediately.

It absolutely does not. Jesus H. Christ it's like the last 30 years of CRPGs just don't exist and never fucking happened. The era of level-scaling and quest markers is less than 10 years old, and even still they are not pervasive. There are plenty of RPGs out there -- both old and new -- that don't operate this way. If he doesn't know about them, that's his fault. Not the developer's. Goddamn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom