Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Lords of Xulima

Numantian Games

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
Greetings!

We are glad you like the worldmap of Xulima, we have put a lot of work on it, because it was something we have always loved from the old-school classics. Now there about one hundred people playing the beta version as most people prefer to wait for the final release as we recommended. Anyway, our development forum is full of comments from the beta players and we have improved the gameplay a lot thanks to their feedback.
The initial impressions are really good, we have , but of course you will prefer to know the wise opinion of the people of RPGCodex so, very soon, we will send them a key so that they can try it and write a preview.

Best regards from Numantian Games!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'm cool with this, I'm a backer and excited to try it out. :P

World Cup has destroyed any decent work offer for the next 20 days anyway, might as well enjoy this forced vacations.

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yeah, that map is glorious. That elusive "sense of wonder" seems strong in this game. I'm glad I backed it.

Agreed Alchemist. Seems like they really nailed that tingling "sense of wonder" as you said. I'm another happy backer too!

Repressed Homosexual
We are very happy with the response from our community. Sharing the beta with backers was a great idea. Some of the backers has replayed the game several times, which is awesome, because the beta lasts about 50 hours (it is only the first half part of the game).

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Once again "game journalist" fail:

Author's Note: This interview is on the lengthy side, I suggest you grab a drink, sit back, relax and enjoy.
Really?! 9-10 questions is lengthy? Reading is the hard... :retarded:

I see that combat is from a FPS point of view, which is unique,

????

The first PC RPGs I played were the likes of Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc.

Oh now it makes sense. :roll:

Have you taken any elements from newer RPG hits, such as Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and the Divinity series?

Do you have any plans to add multi-player in any form?

And the obligatory AAA game comparison (yet it's nice to see Divinity spoken in the same breath as those other classic cRPGs).

Any plans to offer an expanded universe, such as web comics, player created content or a video series by the Numantian Games?

Social medias where it's at, man... all the kids are doing it these days!

:negative:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Really?! 9-10 questions is lengthy? Reading is the hard... :retarded:

You don't even know what you don't know
:negative:

I.e. you don't even know how many developers find any interview of more than 10 questions too challenging... I know, because I'm speaking from the motherfucking experience here.

jdinatale

Cipher
I hope this game does well. I really don't think it's getting the hype it deserves. Hopefully it will have some good word of mouth sales after release.

[GameSkinny] Excellent! I am actually both excited and scared to hear that there is no inspiration from the modern action-RPG genre, as much as I love games like Mass Effect.

What a dumb little shit.

Last edited:

victim

Arbiter
Possibly Retarded Vatnik
The only thing I don't like so far is that I back for $45 months ago and now some people have played the 50 hour beta multiple times while I don't even get a sniff. Doesn't seem right.

Applypoison

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Some Beta players have kept 2 active games (One for Normal and one for Hardcore). One guy in particular did clear all of the current Beta content and replayed through a large chunk of it, just to help playtest the more edgy party comps.

The only thing I don't like so far is that I back for $45 months ago and now some people have played the 50 hour beta multiple times while I don't even get a sniff. Doesn't seem right.
You can and should send an e-mail to info@numantiangames.com with your backer e-mail address, or contact project creator on Kickstarter. Some of the invitation e-mails were probably filtered by certain E-mail services, others unanswered. Your Beta key is basically lifetime access to the game.

Well, we all gotta start somewhere. The dev gets to be heard and practice some English PR, the news writer gets to report about smth he's passionate about, make some contacts and build some experience. He's probably no older than the average Codexian reader, while the director is in his late 30s or smth. It's a cool read, especially if you missed the RPGWatch or RPGFrance interviews.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
By the way, Applypoison, you're in a closer contact with the dev, right?

http://images.gameskinny.com/gameskinny/fd5c80d3ea8929f07ae8ec826f47146e.jpg

Are pictures like that from the latest build? The UI still seems a bit unpolished. Look at the stuff on the right, the pictures are stretched.
The devs should put up some new screenies on the website, I wanna share it with people. And I'm sure the devs want them to be as presentable as possible. :)

Wizfall

Cipher
Glad to be a backer.
It was a very "straightforward" kickstarter with clear goals and it seems to go exactly in the expected planned way.
Would be awesome if it's half as good as Wiz 8.

Applypoison

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
http://images.gameskinny.com/gameskinny/fd5c80d3ea8929f07ae8ec826f47146e.jpg

Are pictures like that from the latest build? The UI still seems a bit unpolished. Look at the stuff on the right, the pictures are stretched.
The devs should put up some new screenies on the website, I wanna share it with people. And I'm sure the devs want them to be as presentable as possible. :)
To provide a bit of background info on that screenshot; Lords of Xulima's Combat is Turn-Based served with a minor real time spin, where the "pace" of combat is measured in seconds. Some players requested a way to keep track of combat duration, for better tactical feedback, so those "black bars" you see are placeholders which might end up doing just that.

The Turn Order Bar will definitely receive some more love. This was probably a screenshot taken in the middle of a debug, which I guess is a vintage indie thing to do :P I'll be sure to pass along your reminder.

As far as bro game material goes, hold tight for 2 weeks and you will not be disappointed. Until then, is there something in particular you, your friends or anyone else would like to see?

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Basically?
A series of up-to-date screenshots I can show to people and say with pride: "See this shit? This shit's cool.".

Having them be as polished as possible would help.

Applypoison

Numantian Games
Patron
Developer
Taking shots in the dark here, what I can release for now is a bit limited, but there's still some interesting material which I feel deserves better presentation. (for more "proper" stuff to show, a ~2.5minute trailer will be out fairly soon, along with a series of the better screenshots we can take at this time).

• Herbal recipes are one way the game keeps exploration interesting. There is an herb assigned to each primary attribute and resistance, so this is one way you go about customizing your party. Just as well, if you consistently get destroyed by lightning-bolt-slinging creatures, you can make a whiny forum thread boost your Knowledge of Herbs skill, seek out some Tapinela and enhance the Electric Resistance of your softer party members. The party starts with all the recipes learned, but eventually we'd like to toss in some unique ones acquired through optional challenges and side-quests.
2014_07_16_00013.png

• The in-game Bestiary (in the first screenshot you can see some members of the Ogre race) is one way the game keeps battles and rewards interesting. If you need gold, fangs or certain consumables, this is your hunting guide, which gets more detailed as you defeat more of the same creatures. It can also point out interesting enemy weaknesses and properties, for example in the 2nd screenshot (under the spoiler tag) you can see Askary Riders are weak against Mental effects, so offensive Bard Songs (called "Songs of Disruption") are effective against them. If you didn't roll out with a Bard, you can stalk the local merchant's rotating inventory for Scrolls. Also worth noting is that the Rider's melee attack is actually deadlier than its bow shots. Bet no one saw THAT coming :P
2014_07_13_00004.jpg

2014_07_16_00004.jpg
  • Class Selection step of custom party generation. You can hold right-click over any of the classes for a detailed tooltips (there are detailed tooltips for basically everything in the game, and we're still adding more/fine-tuning the current ones). Note that these are by far the largest tooltips in the game, most are far more compact.
2014_07_16_00010.jpg

• The Arena because, let's face it, well-tuned tournaments always add a fun touch to RPGs (especially when they're, for the most part, optional).
2014_07_16_00005.jpg

• And finally, a small assortment of the latest mudcrab & womyn character portraits. Can you spot which ones are crowdfunding backers?
2014_07_16_00011.jpg

I hope this strikes a decent balance of information, eye candy and up-to-date material. I also have to be careful to not overlap with all the media preparations going on (and respect Backer Beta Access, to a certain extent), but you guys have more than earned a little something.

With all of this said, look forward to the upcoming weeks! I'll post a link to the official trailer as soon as it is out, unless someone beats me to it. :salute:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom