Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter Update #82: Creatures; Backer Beta on Aug 18

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
August 18 is only nearly a bare month away. I doubt they can release the full game in 2014 though, probably Q1 2015.

How many here are eligible for the beta? And did everyone agree on the in game codex thingie that we had a secret subforum on to decide?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
August 18 is only nearly a bare month away. I doubt they can release the full game in 2014 though, probably Q1 2015.
This isn't an inXile/Larian beta. The goal sounds like a release candidate-quality demo for getting UI and systems feedback. Once we're in August, it's nothing but testing and polishing from here on out with no additional content creation.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
How many here are eligible for the beta? And did everyone agree on the in game codex thingie that we had a secret subforum on to decide?

I gave $50 if I remember correctly (though I didn't do the Codex thing because, meh, PoE). That must include beta access, no?

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's kinda, sorta strange that we haven't seen any Aumaua, Godlike or Orlan in-game models yet and the Backer beta is coming out soon.

We haven't seen a lot of stuff, so this isn't really surprising. The updates were mostly about systems and lore.

Martius

Liturgist
I gave $50 if I remember correctly (though I didn't do the Codex thing because, meh, PoE). That must include beta access, no?
On kickstarter minimal pledge including that is 100 bucks. So no unless they would pull of Larian and just give early access to all backers.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Yeah although if you finalized your pledge, you can't change it. I'm not sure if they've been offering support for manual add-ons or not.

I forgot to pay for my $8 OOoE (which was an option) before I finalized my pledge and sent them an email about it, they said they were not able to change it for me.

Apparently they are offering it, it just depends whether they answer your support email.

Last edited:
I quite like the spider illithid/Vithracks. I think they could be interesting enough on their own without always needing to be compared to the illithid. Hopefully they take the opportunity to differentiate them as much as possible

The other ideas like Xaurip are not so interesting.

jdinatale

Cipher
This isn't an inXile/Larian beta. The goal sounds like a release candidate-quality demo for getting UI and systems feedback. Once we're in August, it's nothing but testing and polishing from here on out with no additional content creation.

>Implying that Obsidian is somehow above delaying their games.

jdinatale

Cipher
How about you stop pretending you're on /v/ while you still have your teeth

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom