Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy is Hellgate London + DX

oscar

Arcane
Big sprawling maps with lots of vertical thing vantage points to use those cool psi powers from would suit it best.

Gun-play in E.Y.E is fantastic. Probably my favourite FPS ever. Wonder how many of the psi-powers they've cut out. Hopefully they've got a class system so you can make use of the different armours.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Meh, they have made some seriously weird choices concerning some of the maps. Out of the 5 I designed for this expansion, they only kept 3 while the 2 others they scrapped were of superior quality, especially one that was specifically designed for the Team Artifact mode and that could house 16+ players without any issues. We also spent a lot of time working on it so I have no idea why they did not include it.
I don't understand their decision to use Sepulchre as a Team Artifact map, as it was specifically designed for Battle Royale 1-on-1 matches. They modified the layout but it just doesn't work. At all (and it seriously looks bad). I had plans to make a symmetrical version, kind of like Face for UT, with twin tombs and that would have worked way better. Arcturus remained pretty much unchanged save for the two vents that were added afterwards, these were a great addition IMO. Rising Sun is a lot darker and foggier than the last version I worked on. It was meant to be a very peaceful map compared to what we have now.

Concerning the other maps, they're pretty good. If you've played Syndicate Black Ops you'll recognize Mars Arena. It hasn't changed much.

oscar

Arcane
I've been having a blast so far. The hammer and heavy armour classes are very deadly (I was sucking for a while than I pulled out the hammer and started charging around and getting lots of kills) because you can close the gap so quickly in this game.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Is this game worth playing solo? I got it in a sale a while back but haven't tried it yet. I only play singleplayer though.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is this game worth playing solo? I got it in a sale a while back but haven't tried it yet. I only play singleplayer though.
SP is... hmm... not good. Above average due to atmosphere, perhaps, but I certainly didn't bother with it for long. It's a great game for coop. You might give it a try in SP, since you already bought it, should be fun at least for a while, but don't expect too much.

Definitely. I never played co-op and had a great time.
+1

Personally I found art direction and atmosphere great and the gameplay challenging and enjoyable (ymmv, as obvious from reading this thread). I even liked the barely comprehensible story; I thought it fit the setting and was a refreshing change from more comprehensible but generic sci-fi plots.

I wish there were much more SP content though. Replaying the same short campaign over and over is not fun to me. I also thought that character progression was far too slow, and required far too much grinding, but afair it was a minority opinion.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's been about a year since I last played it with Codexers. Anybody would like to play it again? I've seen some of you play it recently on Steam, however just singleplayer. It'd be better to co-op together. It would be awesome if we could pull 6+ players 'dex sessions.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If I had been I wouldn't be on your Steam friends list right now.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yes, yes, we know how much you value them -- the balm to soothe your internal emptiness.

zwanzig_zwoelf

It's been about a year since I last played it with Codexers. Anybody would like to play it again? I've seen some of you play it recently on Steam, however just singleplayer. It'd be better to co-op together. It would be awesome if we could pull 6+ players 'dex sessions.
I don't have a good connection right now, but why not, ugh, someday.
I'll gladly stomp your ass, you glorified russian.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom