Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

spekkio

Arcane
Ninja Destroyer said:
pLvgBVh.jpg
Yeah, Eternal Darkness is awesome. But why this low internal resolution (original)? The game may look much better with letsay 3x native.

Astral Rag

Arcane
But my question is. You have no problem with the textures getting all smudged and blurry when inside the barn on the first level? And when you get close to the outhouse hole to shit in. Maybe I should try different renderer.

I just reinstalled Outlaws, this time I used nGlide and the patch below, I can now play the game with the 3dfx renderer in 1920x1080 or any other resolution. This also gets rid of the rainbow color bug and it runs very smooth, movies also work fine. You may prefer the software renderer if "blurrier" textures annoy you.

http://sierrahelp.com/DL/OutlawsSetup.exe.php

dfs6xjpt.jpg

stannbmrru.jpg

Stan%28M2%29.gif

ds0ibp0x.jpg

05-42qqrfi.jpg

dd51-81mirzj.jpg

qfdfdsfdsqsdq3uj4a.jpg

olwi89yycne.jpg

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
But my question is. You have no problem with the textures getting all smudged and blurry when inside the barn on the first level? And when you get close to the outhouse hole to shit in. Maybe I should try different renderer.

I just reinstalled Outlaws, this time I used nGlide and the patch below, I can now play the game with the 3dfx renderer in 1920x1080 or any other resolution. This also gets rid of the rainbow color bug and it runs very smooth, movies also work fine. You may prefer the software renderer if "blurrier" textures annoy you.

http://sierrahelp.com/DL/OutlawsSetup.exe.php

dfs6xjpt.jpg

stannbmrru.jpg

Stan%28M2%29.gif
Thanks for the tips. I managed to get it to work with the use of nglide too. So all is well, and I must have became a casual because the middle difficulty is kicking my ass...

sser

Arcane
Developer
Jaheira and Aerie in the same party? I salute you:salute:

I never made it past 3 screens before Jaheira had enough of her "flower wilting in the sun" monologues.

I've thought about replacing them, but for the time being Jaheira is way too important to the party with the diversity of spells she brings, particularly the ability to summon a (potentially huge) fire elemental. I dropped Nalia as soon as I finished her quest. Probably my least favorite character and she has such a dopey looking face that makes me hate having her on the party. The Enhanced Edition added a new character at the very start - some girl in one of the taverns. I think she was also a blade, funnily enough, but I didn't bother picking her up. I might take Kelgorn (sp) for his quest and I've actually never even had the Paladin-dude in one of my parties before so I guess I could maybe switch him in over Rasaad or someone else -- probably when I start any undead-y type quests. The monk is like the ultimate trash-killer though. His little hadouken fireballs really think enemy ranks when they're needed.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
CArtEAO.jpg

Nigers in postapolyptic rusia? Or just some backed soldats that went under golden shower from gargoyles?

:picofredheadhooker.jpg:
1qgkwx.png

Is that you?

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Nope that's not me, and the slut doesn't steal anything, she just shows her tits and shakes it for a modest price of 5 bullets ;). And of course there are no proud African-American people of colour in Metro, that's just some ruski gibberish.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Nope that's not me, and the slut doesn't steal anything, she just shows her tits and shakes it for a modest price of 5 bullets ;). And of course there are no proud African-American people of colour in Metro, that's just some ruski gibberish.
thats odd... the whore makes you cover your eyes then some dude knocks you up.
warpig's whore is the one in Last Light
Psquit's whore is the one in 2033

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ninja Destroyer said:
Yeah, Eternal Darkness is awesome. But why this low internal resolution (original)? The game may look much better with letsay 3x native.

I'm used to play in non-enhanced way with most of the emulator games. With Dolphin and PCSX 2 I've always want a maximum performance, even such thing as resolution wouldn't change decrease it. ED didn't look bad in motion, most of the things are pieces of scenery, ocassional monsters can be dealt quickly, so overall the graphics were fine as it is.

Raapys

Arcane
It's Starsector. Very promising, but still far from complete.

Is that a mod or has it been updated recently? Can't recall any bounty stuff from when last I played it.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Wow that game was great.. can't believe the gfx look so dated.. much prettier in my memories
:negative:

Had a great moment once, where I was hiding and the enemy was almost right on top of me, then I came out of cover, and he was so startled he immediately surrendered to me. Good times.

It really was a great game, I had never played or seen anything even remotely similar. The "emergent gameplay", sense of freedom, tense atmosphere, realism*, the visuals and audio, the airstrikes... Quite amazing that it managed to run so well on a humble 386.

*Sadly some aspects of the game are not very authentic:

dfdds3ae0j.jpg

:rpgcodex:

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Aliens versus Predator (1999)

Thanks to gondor, I've learned about the Unofficial Patch for the good old AvP 1999.
This game was notorious for having problems with newshit OSes and/or new drivers, and eventually received a Steam re-release (AvP Classic 2000), with updated code, which fixed these problems (but also added some derp, due to being based on a controversial Gold version).
Anyway, why should we bother with Gaben, when we can simply install the vanilla game from CDs CD images. The game installs fine (Win7 x64), but graphics are borked:

KfeOOTi.jpg

Installing the Unofficial Patch fixes all problems (looping video sound as well - oldfags should know what that is):

ZY3y9nl.jpg

:dance:

This patch works with AvP Classic 2000 as well. Unlike both vanilla versions (Original and Gold), the Steam version has proper Widescreen:

YdixAh1.jpg

Menus stay small (lower res):

y7e8qC0.jpg

Unofficial Patch resizes the GUI, both ingame:

cm0YKa1.jpg

Not sure if :incline:

And in menus (stretched due to Widescreen res):

PkWctfn.jpg

:decline:

Anyway, just stick to 4:3 resolution and you're ready to pop some moles:

rn6JvM0.jpg

Zs9NgEK.jpg

1rP0cr3.jpg

hrY79OJ.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
One of the best things about this game was the fact that it had 3 different "atmospheres / feels":
- Marine: horror / terror / aliens everywhere! / move as fast as possible / shoot everything that moves,
- Alien: stealth / slow progress / eliminate single targets / move cautiously / run when outnumbered,
- Predator: stealth / fast progress / Chuck Norris when spotted.

AvP 2 got infested with Half-Life virus (cinematic, linear gameplay, all 3 campaigns felt p. similar) and as far as I've heard AvP 2010 is 100%

:popamole:

Old sages say good things about the original Jaguar game (AvP1 PC is a remake / successor from the same dev) and two Aliens games for original Gaystation: Trilogy (has DOS port) and Resurrection (PS1 only). Back in the day they were considered mediocre, but that was when the FPS genre was in much better stage than it is now:

268870-freeeeeeeeeeeedom.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
Aliens versus Predator (1999)

And why did I call the Gold version of AvP controversial? Well, the original version has the briefing messages done by VAs / pros (?):

Atmospheric / well done.

:greatjob:

The Gold version replaces them with clips recorded by LARPing devs:

getoutofherestalker

:decline:

Thank god that original briefing files can be used in Gold / Classic 2000 version (simply replace 75 MB of .smk files).

:smug:

https://www.mediafire.com/?be2e8bopsq74x5a

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom