Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
what happened to that ecco the dolphin successor?

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
In the case of Kickstarter, they may have a point, although there's no precedent yet, so if it comes to a trial, anything could happen.

In the case of Early Access, things get dicier because everything happens through the same store interface used for selling the regular, finished, games. Because of that, buyers may be entitled to an expectation that they are paying for a game that is still under development but which WILL end up with a proper release. I wouldn't be surprised at all if a developer would lose in court after abandoning a Steam Early Access game.
Steam actually makes it clear that early access games may never be finished and you should only buy one if you're excited about playing it in the current state.
Will that stand up in court? Time will tell. But my guess is that if a court will rule, generally speaking, in Steam's favor, it will do so under the condition that Steam will have to completely separate the regular store from the early access one, going as far as requring them to create an entirely different site (with an entirely different URL) and an entirely different client software in order to avoid any confusion.

himmy

Arcane

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
well, shit. i hope that doesn't bankrupt stephenson. i rather liked snow crash, cryptonomicon and diamond age.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...els-his-kickstarter-sword-fighting-game-clang

Remember when Snow Crash author Neal Stephenson raised over $526K on Kickstarter to make a motion-controller-based sword-fighting game called Clang? And remember when that project was put on hold indefinitely after Stephenson's company, Subutai Corporation, ran out of money and couldn't find a publisher to fund it further? Well now the worst has come to pass: Clang is cancelled.
I for one am shocked that it got cancelled. SHOCKED.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cleve Blakemore legal fees fundraiser: http://www.gofundme.com/eqk570 :lol:

As you may know by now, our favorite Certified Living Fossil Cleve Blakemore is under attack from the forces of decline. Despite close to 20 years of hellish unending madness, usurpers have tried to squat on the Grimoire name and use it for their own. Worse yet, these guys are trying to profit off it it by dragging it onto Steam(where Cleve had said he would release Grimoire) as well as filing a trademark for it.

This seems to be the work of an attention seeking lawyer who portrays himself as some sort of superhero and is using Cleve's honest remarks as fuel for his personal "crusade"

No more! Mo more say fans of Real Old Skool, fans of Real Grim-wahhhhhh

ITZ time to fight back brave souls. Please help Cleve gather money for what could be a long and costly legal battle. It would be a shame to see the greatest CRPG in existence doomed by legal red tape from two-bit mod makers. Cleve was born to be deep underground tending his bunker, not in the snake pit of a courtroom so please help him get men to fight on his behalf.

100%(after site fees) of all proceeds will go directly to Cleveland Mark Blakemore to be used on his legal defenses.

Please help Cleve in his time of need. For not only the great game but the years of entertainment he has given. His titanium bones may stop oncoming taxis but help little in the den of theives known as a court of law.

Thank You

skuphundaku

Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Cleve Blakemore legal fees fundraiser: http://www.gofundme.com/eqk570 :lol:

As you may know by now, our favorite Certified Living Fossil Cleve Blakemore is under attack from the forces of decline. Despite close to 20 years of hellish unending madness, usurpers have tried to squat on the Grimoire name and use it for their own. Worse yet, these guys are trying to profit off it it by dragging it onto Steam(where Cleve had said he would release Grimoire) as well as filing a trademark for it.

This seems to be the work of an attention seeking lawyer who portrays himself as some sort of superhero and is using Cleve's honest remarks as fuel for his personal "crusade"

No more! Mo more say fans of Real Old Skool, fans of Real Grim-wahhhhhh

ITZ time to fight back brave souls. Please help Cleve gather money for what could be a long and costly legal battle. It would be a shame to see the greatest CRPG in existence doomed by legal red tape from two-bit mod makers. Cleve was born to be deep underground tending his bunker, not in the snake pit of a courtroom so please help him get men to fight on his behalf.

100%(after site fees) of all proceeds will go directly to Cleveland Mark Blakemore to be used on his legal defenses.

Please help Cleve in his time of need. For not only the great game but the years of entertainment he has given. His titanium bones may stop oncoming taxis but help little in the den of theives known as a court of law.

Thank You
This needs a thread of its own. Make it happen Infinitron

skuphundaku

Patron

himmy

Arcane
Oh wow. :lol:

Also who the heck made this, and are we sure he aint gonna run with the money?

His name is Cleve Blakemore and no, we can't be sure. Oh, were you talking about that gofundme campaign?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom