Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak 東京ゲームショウ / Tokyo Game Show 2014

Martius

Liturgist

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bxyr_ngIIAAPLF8.jpg:large

...alrighty then...

Sul

Savant

Looks better than FFXIII, far less pretentious at least. The gameplay seems like an improved version of Kingdom Hearts and the whole "buddies going on an adventure" feels nostalgic. I was expecting worse coming from Nomura.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Looks better than FFXIII, far less pretentious at least. The gameplay seems like an improved version of Kingdom Hearts and the whole "buddies going on an adventure" feels nostalgic. I was expecting worse coming from Nomura.
Improved? It looks even more 'Cinematographic and Stylish' than KH2. Less about mechanics and more about creating a playable version of Advent Children.

I hope to be wrong on this, though.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Why? He's traditional director of Kingdoms Hearts. In fact he might left the directing to start directing yet another Kindoms Hearts.

Machocruz

Arcane
I Wonder, Rhetorically #325: if Japan has declined, according to the media and message boards, and western AAA is so much better, why is it that TGS is often the most interesting game show? Is it just me? Do I have some kind of weaboo bias? I mean if they revealed Deus Ex 4 and it looked like it was going to outdo the original classic (heh, yeah right), that would surely blow every Jap game at the show away, in my eyes.

#JapanersAreOver

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I Wonder, Rhetorically #325: if Japan has declined, according to the media and message boards, and western AAA is so much better, why is it that TGS is often the most interesting game show? Is it just me? Do I have some kind of weaboo bias? I mean if they revealed Deus Ex 4 and it looked like it was going to outdo the original classic (heh, yeah right), that would surely blow every Jap game at the show away, in my eyes.

#JapanersAreOver
The last few Tokyo Game Shows have been sad affairs. Most of the things we saw this year was already announced before. Still, I am interested in a lot of upcoming Japanese games.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I absolutely despise FF13 - everything about it. Except for its graphics. They were beautiful. I don't know how hard their CGI slaves labor away for 16 hours a day but the results speak for themselves.
15 looks even more beautiful. The composition of the shots, the colors, the light and shadow. I am almost tempted to forget how terrible Squeenix has become.

Just kidding, they're still terrible and the game will blow. But damn it if won't be pretty.

Martius

Liturgist
no news about Persona 5?
Atlus should have presentation this weekend but so far only listed title is EO2 remake. Lets hope we will see some surprise, everyone hopes for Persona but Break Record would be nice too.

aris

Arcane
I absolutely despise FF13 - everything about it. Except for its graphics. They were beautiful. I don't know how hard their CGI slaves labor away for 16 hours a day but the results speak for themselves.
15 looks even more beautiful. The composition of the shots, the colors, the light and shadow. I am almost tempted to forget how terrible Squeenix has become.

Just kidding, they're still terrible and the game will blow. But damn it if won't be pretty.
Both the music and the graphics look absolutely fantastic, and I agree, it isn't likely to be a very good game. This really got my hopes up though, reading on the wikipedia page of the game
The game's environments include kingdoms and villages, and allows for much freedom and interactivity: for example, objects can be destroyed and different paths may be chosen to reach a destination.[12] The characters have the ability to traverse the environment in a free-running style, which also extends to battle with larger enemies.[13] The world map is a wide, open field that the player can traverse on foot or by using a car, an airship or a chocobo.[10][14] The car can be driven by Noctis, or one of the other characters can take control, enabling an auto-drive option.
Free travel and actually having kingdoms and villages was completely cut in FF13, (FF10 had villages, kind of, but no free roaming until the end, and even then it was meh), and it suffered badly because of it. It seems like they are taking at least some thing that made the previous FF-games great back to this game. Driving the car looks cool as fuck too.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
FFX-2 had posibility to travel everywhere from the beginning. But for best story you should repeat Yuna travel from FFX in chapter 1, and then go opposite way in chapter ???

Martius

Liturgist
Yup, nothing new. I doubt we will hear much since Dancing is delayed to next year too. On the other hand Devil Survivor 2 remake will be released next january in Japan.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
An probably released in 2018 digitally for the New 3DS in Europe. :negative:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
An probably released in 2018 digitally for the New 3DS in Europe. :negative:
I don't know if it's nice or bad. Dungeons would probably be P4 style, and it would be about Japanese highschoolers/college who are doing part time jobs in office being forced into work by Japanese society.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom