Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myth: A New Age CYOA

zerozero

Literate
Given what we know at this time, it is more critical to keep the King on his throne.

He has asked us personally to help him in the city, which means that he thinks it is a bigger priority for him for us to stay instead of going the army which means he will owe us more.

If we don't we will lose our influence, still owe 1200 wps and a lot more enemies.

If we save him, he owes us big time.

I can see multiple threats to his rule:

Royal household - traitors

Great/ Minor Houses revolting

Civil unrest (possible uprising)

Necromancer influence

Spider Goddess cult

This will take time to fully address and the battle could drag on given the forces involved.

We can afford to not go south at the moment but later

Possible scenarios

Nanshe wins - her forces will be reduced, she may attack the capital but we will have a better chance to repel her and we can negotiate with her. She may even capture the TWM.

TWM wins - his forces will be reduced, he may attack the capital but we will have a better chance to repel him.

Mazzarin wins - he will probably boast and mock us

Cloaked riders wins - they are a small force and not our enemies, there is a chance to negotiate with them or take them out.

Eberhardt wins - they are a smaller force, they could be negotiated with or taken out.

Dwaven army wins - best choice for us but Nanshe and Mazzarin may be annoyed.

Chaos nobody wins - stalemate good choice for us as it gives us time to prepare and hopefully the forces are reduced have shown their best hand and we can come up with a better strategy.

We need to find out what is going on the battle.

- we have information that might help us TWM journal, Gullveig's ciphered letters but we decided to send it off with Nephila to Muirthemne when we can read if after the dwarven arc has finished.

We can still get her back as she is still in Blackfort

She might be seen in the capital.

For 5 wps the Black arrows will sneak her into the capital

People will recognise her as a spider demon.

For 100 wps from the Dietfried Brother (this will be paid by the King in the form of a promissory note, he will not know what the money was spent on) she will get a magical disguise, they have done this before and by extension there are demons walking around the capital and no mass sightings of demons.

How can we trust her

We do trust her to free her with an oath, we can make more types of agreements.

The worst that she has done is freaky eating habits and a hug.

She has kept her word by giving us information and sealing up the tunnels in blackfort

I see her as more of a Lysaa figure, remember that she is a necromancer and served in the watcher army and now she is a valuable member of the party.

I am not saying not to go south but wait until you sort out the King's affairs. The battle could drag on and we can tip the balance when the time is right.

We can get information from the battlefield from scouts etc and not going in blind.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The king didn't ask us to do anything specific. He called us here to list our options and give us a choice:
Fangshi said:
"The army has marched south under Seinsheim and Berg," the King rubs his forehead, there is such sorrow written in his eyes, "Perhaps they will triumph and perhaps they will fall. I had intended for you to go with them and if you hurry you still might be able to but I asked you here to provide you with options. If not for you two, if not for your help with Jori's quest, if not for your aid against the Eberhardts, if not for your heroic stand against the Watcher's army, if not for you then I would already have lost. So I want to give you a choice. You may march south in pursuit of the army should you wish, I know that you would prove invaluable to them, but there is also another business I could use your help with..."
If we succeed in one and fail utterly in the other, we are looking either at the 'king' without a country or an army, or at the country controlled by cultist republicans :lol:. Both results would be equally disastrous, which is why I want to give the problems equal attention.

Both issues are important. One is 'personal', sure, but Albrecht seems to be the kind of a dwarf that takes the affairs of his country as personal, too. He is clearly willing to sacrifice his family if that is what it takes to ensure the safety of his people.

For now both internal and external threats are piled up in one monstrous chaotic gambit. What I want is to take care of the most immediate threats - a spy inside the royal family, and an army of hostiles apparently laying siege to Stoneheim.

It is time that we need, first and foremost, time to catch a breath, regroup, and come up with a long-term plan.

I understand that you want Nephila back badly, but she is not going to win us that war.

As for the scenarios - yes, they are all possible. Just as the one with lesbomancy.

In reality, things are rarely that clear-cut. The Watcher is probably desperate, seeing how he throws everything he has at us without much consideration. His undead armies are unlikely to back down if we start winning. The ghols will probably retreat - all they have are raiding parties, but nobody reported anything about actual military yet. They are not a primary side in that conflict, and Nanshe has several years of trying to unite the clans ahead of her before she can hope to wage war on the kingdom. The cultists and the rebels will hide and bide for time, waiting for another moment of weakness to strike.

Which scenario this falls under?

zerozero said:
I am not saying not to go south but wait until you sort out the King's affairs. The battle could drag on and we can tip the balance when the time is right.

We can get information from the battlefield from scouts etc and not going in blind.
The battle could drag on. Alternatively, the battle could be over in a week, and not in our favor. There is no way to tell how it will go, and the scouts may only inform you about the results.

I am fairly sure keeping the army from falling apart, as well as defending the kingdom's second biggest city falls under the king's affairs as well.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
H) You do not act upon this. They are not an immediate concern, and it might be a good idea to keep the Lords where your allies may observe them.

D) Martin's pick of the castle + we send someone to go fetch a variety of smaller cheeses from the market.

A) Yes, a little more power never hurts.

A) Yes

A - Yes.

A. Yes

Nevill

Arcane
Fangshi said:
C) The Brothers Dietfried have an odd box of cheese that Martin says smells delicious but... it glows slightly. The mouse wants it for his people and the Dietfrieds say it is not likely to mutate anyone but you are not too sure and their inability to give you a complete guarantee worries you a little.
How much for the cheese, BTW?

I don't want to give it to the mice in our absense, but I am willing to experiment on reward one of our own mice for their services. Not martin or any of our spellocasting mice, though.

Do Dietfrieds know what this cheese actually is/does and why is it glowing?

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane

1. You choose to:

C) A bit of both: You will spend time in the city working on one of the following option before moving south and attempting to join up with the army, provided the situation does not change dramatically. (All C options will be counted together)

ii. You will spend you time trying to get to know Albrecht's three children that are still in the capital. Perhaps one or more are traitors to the throne.

2. Supplies: The Brothers offered to sell you mandrake roots and energon cubes though neither are available in large supplies. They also have a wide selection of stock, if you want anything in particular feel free to ask and they might be able to supply it for a price. (Any item that gets more than half the votes, rounded up, will be purchased. With items you can buy in bulk the most popular quantity will be purchased).

A) Mandrake roots: 10 WPs each.

B) Energon cubes: 2 WPs each

C) Seven Piece of simple but good quality jewelry: 5 WPs

D) One Spell Storing Gold Ring: 75 WPs

3. Letters to Blackrock: Now that you have heard half of the Great Houses were compromised, you have your doubts about whether you should have left your fort in the hands of Hesse and Welf. It might also be worh your time to send for some of your people that are currently stationed at the fort.

C) You recall both Lords. You have summoned them to help with the undead menace, and you do not need them now that it is already dealt with.

4. Cheese: You owe the mice of Fort Blackrock cheese in exchange for the information they gave you. You have a few options on how you want to find their cheese.

D) Martin's pick of the castle + we send someone to go fetch a variety of smaller cheeses from the market.

5. You are concerned that the royal army will not have sufficient magical firepower to handle the threats they will face in the south but there may be a way to quickly reinforce them. You could convince Albrecht to hire the Seekers, a company of mercenary battlemages, to help strengthen the army in the field. The going rate to contract the entire company for a period of one month is 250 WPs, do you advise Albrecht to make this purchase?

A) Yes, a little more power never hurts.

6. Mazzarin - Do you tell Albrecht that you freed Mazzarin in the desert?

B) No

7: Should you let Albrecht know about Nanshe now that you have a private audience?

B - No.

8. You have an option to request the Royal Academy to make you a custom item of your choosing. Do you requisition it?

A. Yes, you will give them a sample of the demon sap and request them to complete your remote bomb project by making bombs that are activated by 'recall item' spell and designed to incapacitate the target rather then blow it up. You want it done by the time you leave the city, since the Pathfinders have already laid down most of the groundwork.

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
How much for the cheese, BTW?

Less than a WP which is why there is no price listed (about a third of a WP if you want an exact amount).

Nevill said:
Do Dietfrieds know what this cheese actually is/does and why is it glowing?

Not really. They assure you it is not 'dangerous' though you do not really know what they mean by that and they tell you that they have never eaten any. It was brought to the shop by a bellringer as his lunch and he forgot to take it with him when he left.

Current Tally:

Nevill's package
Cii: Derryth + Thais + Biliku + Uttu - our team of investigators.
Civ: Lyssa + Berty + Skite + Mayer - our recruitment team.
Cvi: Most of the mice, including Myrra, Poppy and Martin - our spying team.

zerozero's Package
Bii - Berty, girls, half of Blackfort forces, some pathfinders
Biii - Derryth, Thais and royal guard, some pathfinders
Bv - Lyssa, Ceannard and Black Arrows, some pathfinders
Bvi- Nephila (with a disguise paid for by Albrecht's promissory note with Lysaa's mice

asxetos:
1. Nevill's package,
2. B) 30 energon cubes (10/10/10),
3. x,
4. x,
5. x,
6. x
7. x
8. x
9. x
10. x

Absinthe:
1. Nevill's package,
2: B (Nevill), C, D (seriously these rings are too good; lets also put this on the promissory)
3: Abstain for now. It might be better to let Albrecht's champion keep an eye on them. Might also be better to call him to Stoneheim instead.
4: D - Martin's pick of the castle + we send someone to go fetch a variety of smaller cheeses from the market.
5. A
6. A
7. A
8. x
9. x
10. x

Jester:
1. Nevill's package > C2
2. A) 5 mandrake roots (2/2/1 ?), B) 12 energon cubes (4/4/4 ?)
3. H
4. D
5. A
6. A
7. A
8. A
9. B
10. A

Sunnmøring:
1. Biv
2. x
3. x
4. x
5. x
6. x
7. x
8. x
9. x
10. x

Nevill:
1. Nevill's Package
2. B) 30 energon cubes (10/10/10) [promissory note from the King], C) Get another set of jewelry instead of the one we gave to Brothers Dietfried.
3. A
4. D
5. A
6. A
7. B
8. A
9. A
10. x

zerozero:
1. zerozero's Package
2. BD
3. ADEF
4. D
5. A
6. B
7. B
8. x
9. x
10. x

Baltika9:
1. Nevill's Package
2. B) 30 energon cubes (10/10/10) [promissory note from the King], C) Get another set of jewelry instead of the one we gave to Brothers Dietfried.
3. AD
4. D>C
5. A
6. A
7. B
8. x
9. x
10. x

Grimgravy:
1. B2
2. B (no more than 15) C, D
3. H (leave them be)
4. A Any cheese will do. Stop pandering to rodents
5. A
6. B
7. B
8. B
9. x
10. x

archaen:
1. Nevill's plan
2. BCD
3. FG - send for all our mercenaries after they issue the cheese. The armies have no mages and we have gained most of the value of the fort at this moment. There is no need to risk what is left our personnel for almost no gain. Even if one of the lords takes it over we can just unblock the tunnels and let the rhyming monsters massacre them if Nephila lets some live or sneak in our own murder force(Mice with cyanide for the soup).
4. C for eldritch horror mice, or mice in the dreaming, or Vegeta mice. Either way our forces will be clear.
5. A
6. A
7. B
8. A
9. x
10. x

Kz3r0:
1. Cii
2. ABCD
3. C
4. D
5. A
6. B
7. B
8. A
9. B
10. B

1. What to do?

Leading Option: Nevill's Plan (6 votes)
Nevill's package
C)ii: Derryth + Thais + Biliku + Uttu - our team of investigators.
C)iv: Lyssa + Berty + Skite + Mayer - our recruitment team.
C)vi: Most of the mice, including Myrra, Poppy and Martin - our spying team.

zerozero's plan - 1 vote
Biv - 1 vote
Bii - 1 vote
Cii - 1 vote

2. What to buy?

1 abstain

Mandrake Roots 2/9 votes (1 general vote that goes to the leading option)
1 vote for 5 roots (2/2/1 ?)

Energon Cubes: 8/9 votes (3 general votes that go to the leading option)
3 votes for 30 cubes (10/10/10) using an Albrecht promissary note
2 votes for 12 cubes (4/4/4) - One vote directly for 12 and one vote for anything under 15

Jewelry: 6/9 votes

Spell Ring: 5/9 votes
2 votes to buy it with a promissory note from Albrecht
3 votes to just buy it

3. Who to call?
(3 abstain)

A) 3/7 votes
B)
C) 1/7 votes
D) 2/7 votes
E) 1/7 votes
F) 2/7 votes
G) 1/7 votes
H) 2/7 votes

4. Cheese
(2 abstain)
A) 1 vote
B)
C) 1 vote
D) 6 votes

5. The Seekers
(2 abstain)
A) 8 votes
B)

6. Mazzarin
(2 abstain)
A) 5 votes
B) 3 votes

7. Nanshe
(2 abstain)
A) 2 votes
B) 6 votes

8. Sticky Bombs
(5 abstain)
A) 4 votes
B) 1 vote

9. Martin
(7 abstain]
A) 1 vote
B) 2 votes

10. Ring
(7 abstain)
A) 1 vote
B) 2 votes

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
What would it take it for us to buy the magic cheese and feed it to the brave volunteer from one of our regulars? Martin and spellcasters excluded.

We aren't forcing them to, and we do not hide potential dangers it might present, up to and including death (though the Dietfrieds do not seem to think so), but fortune favors the brave and it is better to make a mistake than live the rest of your life with regrets... This might be the most unique and delicious cheese in the world, after all. ;)

Also, can you clarify what we would be telling Albrecht about Mazzarin, exactly? My vote kind of depends on it - I want to tell him that Mazzarin is up and about and we have a some sort of a working relationship with him, but I want to leave the revival part out. Just mention that we've done him a favor.

If we are going to tell him everything, put me down to 6B.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I think it's a bit patronising towards the good Martin, to deny him risking his own life before his fellow mice. :rpgcodex:

He's the most courageous mouse here, and he wishes to take the risk, Derryth be damned. Let him taste the glowing cheese first, and watch. I'm sure it'll work out perfect. :troll:

zerozero

Literate
Fair enough Nephila won't win the war but what does she cost us - 5 wps of our money and 100 wps of the king's money which is free.

We are spending less money than 3 energon cubes or half the cost of 1 mandrake root.

At this time she could be very handy.

If you play the wait and see card and deal with the city. The armies could expose their tactics.

The TWM is bound to have something and he could be forced to use it against Mazzarin or Nanshe.

Nanshe is bound to have something to capture the TWM

Any traitors in the dwarven army could show themselves to help the necromancer army or other hidden forces

The cloaked riders and Eberhardt Remnants will show their allegiance.

Hidden forces could be exposed.

Whatever happens the forces will be reduced and if we come in at the right time we could gain victory easily.

If the King dies when we are away, we lose a lot of influence.

Nevill

Arcane
I don't care about the money. I have already said that Nephila is as much a liability as she is an asset. Our alliance with her is pretty damning if anyone finds out about it, and if you deal with her on a constant basis, you risk exposing this bit of information sooner or later. People already talk behind our backs that we are witches conspiring with demons and the like, no need to fuel these suspicions and accusations with actual proof.

Everything you say about the army applies to the king as well, and vice versa. If we wait, traitors might reveal themselves, Eberhardt might come out of hiding to where he would be easier to deal with, secret plots might become exposed and whatnot, but if we return at the right time we can easily sort everything out. Doesn't sound too good? Well, that's probably because it isn't and because it sucks to be on the receiving end of such surprises and revelations.

The king might die. The army might get destroyed. We don't know which one is more probable and which of the dangers is 'more real'.

The impression I get is that you think a delay is safer in one case than it is in the other, but I don't see any logical explanation for it. It's mostly 'ah, the army will manage somehow no matter when we show up'. It might, it might not.

Last edited:

zerozero

Literate
You can make the same argument for Lysaa, she is a necromancer, she fought in the watcher army & wanted criminal and is now an essential member of the party

The disguise from the Dietfried Brother's is solid, they have used the same techniques on other demons.

I believe that the King is more important, you could lose the 2nd city & armies and it makes little difference to your reward.

The state of the 2nd city and the army is the King's responsibility and the king is not going to blame you. He cares more about the immediate danger to himself.

If the king dies, depending who takes over that will be your reward, if it is an ally you would get less than what the King would give you, if it is an enemy you will get zip.

If the king dies it would probably be an enemy who doesn't like you.

Do you not find it suspicious that 2 ppl want you at the battle (TWM & Mazzarin), there seems to be more at play than the battle which I think is a distraction.

The pregnant necromancer with the wolverine healing powers is probably the most important thing. The baby is an upgraded version of the TWM and could be the potential host body for the watcher or another fallen lord.

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
What would it take it for us to buy the magic cheese and feed it to the brave volunteer from one of our regulars? Martin and spellcasters excluded.

Not much, buy the cheese and put out the offer, you will get a taker in all likelihood. But it is likely to be Martin, especially if you put it this way:

Nevill said:
We aren't forcing them to, and we do not hide potential dangers it might present, up to and including death (though the Dietfrieds do not seem to think so), but fortune favors the brave and it is better to make a mistake than live the rest of your life with regrets... This might be the most unique and delicious cheese in the world, after all. ;)

If you say that Martin is going to have to insist on being the one to do it. His honour will demand it. ;)

Nevill said:
Also, can you clarify what we would be telling Albrecht about Mazzarin, exactly? My vote kind of depends on it - I want to tell him that Mazzarin is up and about and we have a some sort of a working relationship with him, but I want to leave the revival part out. Just mention that we've done him a favor.

Well if you tell him that Mazzarin is alive and that you have been helping him then it is likely he will figure out the rest anyway or he will come up with a theory that is close enough to fact. He already knows you were out there and his mages have already told him that something terrifyingly powerful came out of the desert headed north and moving fast (most mages could feel Mazzarin pass at least the ones that were not too busy hiding in closets and vomiting profusely). Albrecht is no mage but he is not an idiot, he can fill in the rest.

Nevill

Arcane
You can make the same argument for Lysaa, she is a necromancer, she fought in the watcher army & wanted criminal and is now an essential member of the party
Yes, I can. Lyssa is another one of those risks.

Lyssa's situation has a few advantages over Nephila's. First, she is an actual human. The disguising spells might fail, either by happenstance, or by malice. Lyssa is not in danger of revealing her true form.

Second, she is an actual human. Her motives and actions are far easier to understand and accept, while Nephila, though friendly, is still a demon. Lyssa is far more likely to coexist with us without causing accidents of unwanted kind.

Third, Lyssa is not a daughter to the Spider Goddess who we suspect is behind the cultist forces. She is not Rand's former servant. She isn't the one who put Albrechts on the throne. In our current situation, Lyssa has much better chances to remain unnoticed as she is not really connected with the major players in the dwarven kingdom.

The disguise from the Dietfried Brother's is solid, they have used the same techniques on other demons.
Yes, but they also warn that it would not hold against a dedicated attempt to dispel it.

The other demons also probably aren't under nearly as much scrutiny as we or our allies.

I believe that the King is more important, you could lose the 2nd city & armies and it makes little difference to your reward.

The state of the 2nd city and the army is the King's responsibility and the king is not going to blame you. He cares more about the immediate danger to himself.
Now here is where I would require proof. From my point of view, from the glimpse we got of his mind, from what he was talking about in the last update, it is obvious to me that he cares about his people, first and foremost.

Also, our income is dependant on the healthy state of the country. You can't lose the whole southern half of it and expect that things will go just as smoothly. Do I really have to point out that losing a war affects the economy negatively?

We have invested much in this country and we are not going to give it up without a fight.

I am kind of curious, though. Why do you think Derryth and Thais decided to stay and fight for the Fort Blackrock? For what phantom reward and what benefits? I get it that it was a relative success, but if we thought about it in terms of rewards only, we would never be able to achieve what we did.

Do you not find it suspicious that 2 ppl want you at the battle (TWM & Mazzarin), there seems to be more at play than the battle which I think is a distraction.
No, I do not find it suspicious, because TWM wants his private battle (he does not want us walking away with the army), and I have no idea what Mazzarin wants and if he even remembers who we are. Again, do you have any proof of that?

The pregnant necromancer with the wolverine healing powers is probably the most important thing. The baby is an upgraded version of the TWM and could be the potential host body for the watcher or another fallen lord.
Alright. Actually, it makes a whole lot of sense. So what?

Do we know where she went or where she is kept? Why do you think she is still in the city? Do you expect her to give birth in a month?

Why is she an immediate concern?

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
If you say that Martin is going to have to insist on being the one to do it. His honour will demand it. ;)
Fine. Give it to Martin, then. Do we have to vote on it, too?

Vegeta mouse, here we come! :lol:

Fangshi

Arcane
Nevill said:
Fine. Give it to Martin, then. Do we have to vote on it, too?

Sure why not, maybe we can make it to ten questions for this update...

9. Do you feed Martin the glowing chunk of 'completely safe' cheese?

A. Yes, you want to see what will happen

B. No, it is glowing cheese you do not want anyone to ingest that

Nevill

Arcane
9A.

He wanted it for his people. He would never want anything bad to happen to his people, right? :salute:

And swap me back to 6A.

:avatard:

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Fangshi, I insist we either leave the 8 vote to next update or we add the options for "make a spell-storing ring, make enchanted armor, etc." I think it's better off left to next update tbh.

Also, can we have the royal academy try to investigate these necklaces some more?

How blunt do we want to be with Albrecht about the whole Mazzarin business?

I would prefer a little subtlety instead of saying "Yo, we've been running around the country resurrecting ancient powers despite having no idea whether they are a danger to your kingdom or not":

There is merit in telling him what he is dealing with, but I don't see the need to stick out our role in all of this.

The initial suggestion didn't include telling about our participation in his revival, as far as I can see.
The idea is that we would tell him our role in this. That's what Albrecht wants to know in the first place. This isn't really about Mazzarin (he'll find that out soon enough and realize we most likely performed some kind of task for him, given that we were there) but about how much Albrecht can trust us. So telling him our role gives him peace of mind. Besides, Mazzarin isn't a fallen lord or dark god or demon. If there's an ancient power that's acceptable to revive, Mazzarin would be high on that list (Wyrd would be higher). We can (and should) leave the fallen lords out of it, but we tell Albrecht about reviving Mazzarin.

Paging Grimgravy, archaen, zerozero, Kz3r0: You guys voted 2D but you didn't specify whether you want to put it on the promissory note or not. Fangshi is assuming that means we pay it with our own funds. Is this correct?

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Absinthe said:
So telling him our role is gives Albrecht peace of mind.
Yeah, he is going to be really peaceful when he hears about two mages letting something out that no one can put back.

He was afraid we were agents of some greater power for a while now, and all that interests him is will that power leave his kingdom be. Incidentally, that is one question we can't really answer, though the presence of blinking horrors suggests otherwise.

But hey, I flopped to 6A anyway. We'll see where it will lead us.

Fangshi

Arcane
Absinthe said:
Fangshi, I insist we either leave the 8 vote to next update or we add the options for "make a spell-storing ring, make enchanted armor, etc." I think it's better off left to next update tbh.

Also, can we have the royal academy try to investigate these necklaces some more?

Well the way I was going to work 8 was to just have the ladies instruct Astrid to have her research and the sap samples sent over with a letter from the king ordering the development of the sticky bombs. That way even if you chose to leave the city immediately you would not have to actually visit the Academy.

In contrast if you want the armour you are going to have to stick around for a while to get fitted and take an active role in its creation.

However now that I think about it the ring could be handled similar to the way the bombs will be so I can add an option to have the ring development start now. You would need to give up one of your rings for a few hours at least to have them analyze it if you want an exact replica though and if the A option had won then that would mean leaving the ring in the city when you left. I had assumed that people would rather work on the ring in person with the fellows of the Academy if they chose to remain in the city but I should not have made that assumption so:

10. Build a spell storage ring. It will require you giving one of your rings to the Academy to study for a few hours or days and it will likely take about a month to properly enchant it but you believe it should be possible to build another spell storage ring from scratch. The King will cover the development costs.

A) Yes, you undertake developing the ring now.

B) No, you either do not want the ring or do not want them to work on the ring now.

Absinthe said:

Only if a B option wins, they will need repeated access to your necklaces to run tests on them and it will take time in all likelihood. If you plan to go south at all you just won't have the free time needed.

Nevill

Arcane
Nah. Enough spell rings. If the academy develops one, soon everyone and their dog will be wearing them. I'd rather have them work on something more innovative.

10B.

Absinthe

Arcane
Fangshi, if we go to the academy, we can at least be there while we're lending them the ring, yes? Also, what about picking up a single spell for both the girls while we're there?

He was afraid we were agents of some greater power for a while now, and all that interests him is will that power leave his kingdom be.
The funny thing is that your version is more likely to convince him we are agents of Mazzarin. After all, we would be refusing to tell Albrecht what we've been up to for Mazzarin. That sounds rather like we were ordered not to tell by a certain greater power, and that we'd follow his orders over answering the king. Which is the kind of impression I'd rather avoid.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Or it sounds rather like 'not revealing a secret of the mage that can pulverize you just by sneezing at you'. A.k.a. 'sane man's choice'.

Absinthe

Arcane
If that's what you're worried about, we should be dead already for informing The Watcher.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom