Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I can't find Damonta (sp?). My party *thinks* they've found it, and reported to Ranger Citadel that we've found it, but it's not on my map. Can anyone tell me where it is? I'm kind of stuck.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
"So I find a lot of broken weapon parts in the environment, but I never have anything to give the Ranger merchant dude? What gives?"

Just trade him them in barter screen. he just pays more for them than other merchants I think.
Will the quest update that way?

Last edited:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Quest is in my 'completed' file so I believe so. He'll continue to buy them.

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Well not to ruin anything, but top end blunt and bladed weapons.... *blushes*

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
I can't find Damonta (sp?). My party *thinks* they've found it, and reported to Ranger Citadel that we've found it, but it's not on my map. Can anyone tell me where it is? I'm kind of stuck.
You have to travel to Titan's Canyon northeast of the prison.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

I found that, but I take a shitload of damage walking through the level 4 rad zones. Is that normal? Of course I have the normal shoddy 2 rad suits, but that's it.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter

I found that, but I take a shitload of damage walking through the level 4 rad zones. Is that normal? Of course I have the normal shoddy 2 rad suits, but that's it.

You have to speak to Rick Baychowski, he's locked up at the Ranger Citadel. You make a deal with him and he'll lead you to his RV which has rad suits that handle 4 rads. There's some NPC that mentions him at the prison map.[/spoilers]

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

You have to speak to Rick Baychowski, he's locked up at the Ranger Citadel. You make a deal with him and he'll lead you to his RV which has rad suits that handle 4 rads. There's some NPC that mentions him at the prison map.[/spoilers]

Gracias.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!

Gracias.

NP, also the area he's locked up is behind a door that was previously locked and inaccessible but should now be wide open. I had trouble finding him there for that reason.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Oh dear, I'm hearing reports that the last few areas and the epilogue are bugged to hell. (I've heard that for California it has a tendency to show you the wrong ending slides.)

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Christ, is brawling as useless for you guys as it is for me? All fist based weapons I've found so far are shit and do pitiful damage, and the AP cost doesn't make them really worth picking over blunt or bladed weapons. Though it might be because my brawler was Randy, who's a pretty useless companion all-in-all.

Hoo boy you're in for a treat :D

The thing is unlke ranged weapons melee is totally useless until levelled up to at least 5 or 6. And then it's absolutely godly - because of crits. My Randy hits regularly for 100+ dmg and is absolutely beastly. Just give him some armor without movement penalty, get him Rebar Knuckles and he's unstoppable.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Christ, is brawling as useless for you guys as it is for me? All fist based weapons I've found so far are shit and do pitiful damage, and the AP cost doesn't make them really worth picking over blunt or bladed weapons. Though it might be because my brawler was Randy, who's a pretty useless companion all-in-all.

Hoo boy you're in for a treat :D

The thing is unlke ranged weapons melee is totally useless until levelled up to at least 5 or 6. And then it's absolutely godly - because of crits. My Randy hits regularly for 100+ dmg and is absolutely beastly. Just give him some armor without movement penalty, get him Rebar Knuckles and he's unstoppable.

Just wait till you get your hands on some "real" melee weapons later on.

Edit: BTW I'm liking games weapon arsenal, there are quite different weapons in each catagory. Also modfiying them further really gives good customisation options.

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"You see an IBM AT at the table. The screen says Wasteland 3. You shiver with anticipation."

I guess plans for Wasteland 3 are confirmed :M

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
They sort of always were, the Project Lead of Wasteland 2 isn't working on Torment, and he said he wanted to keep making post-apocalyptic rpgs.

Szioul

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria Pathfinder: Wrath
Although I have noticed some more more or less major bugs:

a) In Hollywood officer Bam and the closed chili restaurunt owner quest. When you convince the officer to give the health approval papers and give them to the owner the quest is stuck in a endless loop at that stage. Basically you can keep going back and forth between the officer and the owner to get endless ammo reward and xp.

I had that happen on a couple of NPCs.
Found a junkie in the sewers called Rosie, who asked me to bring her to Raji. Raji got stuck in a loop and everytime I initiated dialogue, he'd think I just brought her and would give me a skillbook(Lockpicking, I think) every single time.

Malpercio

Arcane
Alright, this looks like one of these games where I'll be staring at the character creation page for 10 hours before I decide to start it, only to be unsatisfied with the result and re-start again.

Any tips? Also should I create 1 character because I get companions later or just 4?

Last edited:

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Think some of the Wasteland 2 dudes read stuff here or something and don't really want to register on yet another forum for this...so just fyi, found an infinite xp quest you might want to add to your "to fix" list.

In Hollywood, the "Find Raji, Josie's friend" quest in Hollywood doesn't register properly that you turned it in so Raji will keep thanking you every time you talk to him afterwards and giving you XP and the book.

Grinolf

Arcane

Black

Arcane
Which weapons scrap into underbarrel flashlight? I know the bullpup sniper and beretta scrap into long barrel, which is so good.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Which weapons scrap into underbarrel flashlight? I know the bullpup sniper and beretta scrap into long barrel, which is so good.

Think anything that can potentially use a given mod, can be scrapped into the mod itself? Rest depends on your Weapon-smith skill level and random luck.
Not sure though but with 10 weapon-smith, you got a crap long list of everything for all weapons but shotguns pretty much.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
I-I- just found the codex shrine, uhmm.. what the fuck.

Also, it was funny seeing people ask for help who don't know what rpg codex is.

Also, I'm assuming the statue description is Prosper?

EDIT: Also, in Rodia apparently there is a radio conversation involving a delivery to.. New Washington.
Expansion pack? Either way, that'd be interesting inXile going into :hearnoevil:'s territory.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom