Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

sser

Arcane
Developer
Not just free weapon switches. You can toss weapons from one character to the other, mid-fight...

Fukkin' bullshit. Dumbfuck casuals whining about jammin' pussifies a hardcore game. FUCK THAT BULLSHIT. Another develoepr who is a piece of fuck coward bowing to the idiots who can't handle failure of any fukkin' sort.

COMPLETE. AND. UTTER. BULLSHIT.

"plus you can exploit things in the game like carrying two identical copies of the same gun and swapping them when one jams with no AP penalty"

How the FUCK is that an exploit? The game is designed to allow you to have two quick weapons.

\Idiots like you are gonna turn awesomsauce OLD SKOOL HARDCORE WL2 into newage overrated shit like DOS.

FUCK OFF. You got your crap games. Leave our crap alone.

dAMN. Must be a SJW.

Th
"Two copies of the exact same gun" - it's called mass production.

But is it hardcore, bro?

It's called weapon jamming is rare if you take care of your weapons, the desert Rangers are badass fighters but they don't know how to maintain firearms?

Well, no matter how good you are with weapons.
In an environment like the desert, with all the sand and the winds, there's not much of a chance that your weapon work properly MOST of the time.
So, also this "feature" is pretty annoying at times, it's doesn't makes it less realistic.

That's why i like it a lot.
What's important to me in a game like Wasteland (beside the story, UI & etc...)
Is that the challenges along the way are (as much as they can) be realistic.
Otherwise, you have the feeling that no matter what you'll do, everything will turn out OK.

When you're in battle, and your CON is low and you need that one shot to get out alive from this situation,
And then the fucking weapon won't shoot because of this fucking desert sand...
Than you know it's hardcore shit (realistic, non compermize environment and challenging).

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter

But is it hardcore, bro?

It's called weapon jamming is rare if you take care of your weapons, the desert Rangers are badass fighters but they don't know how to maintain firearms?
Wow you're retarded. Radioactive sand, also known as jamsand, clogs up the receivers no matter how much you maintain them.

Actually I am part of an intellectual elite from the planet Ogo.

But is it hardcore, bro?

Wow you're retarded. Radioactive sand, also known as jamsand, clogs up the receivers no matter how much you maintain them.

Love what you've done with your planet...

Black

Arcane

But is it hardcore, bro?

Pretty sure the planet is called The Watch.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
New/fixed GOG.com patch is up, faithful guinea pigs appreciated users!

This a shit move bro. Just because a bunch of whiny cunts bitched about it, that doesn't mean you have to nerf the challenge for everybody.

"Slight reduction to jam rates for large offenders"

Bull fucking shit. I noted down the jam rates of weapons before patch. The patch reduces everything across the board to 4% or even lower.

Fuck you Inxile, I need to install the patch for quest fixes but that means I have to install nerfed pussy mode as well. Fucking making 2 patches in the future: Bug fixes and pussy mode, don't force this shit on me. I dind't ask for lower faggot jam rates.

If everything that can have a sturdy mag has a jam rate of 4% or lower that means the whole mechanic is fucking useless.

Bunch of punks got scared because people complained and imediately nerfed the shit out of it.

Just from what I've seen:

Famas 7% to 4%, Old Navy Revolver 6% to 4%, .38 Semi Automatic 9% to fucking 4%, R270 6% to 4%, Missipi Mule 8% to fucking 2% for fuck's sake, Bulpup 6% to 4%, G43-W 7% to fucking 4%, Benneto 7% to 5%, Makarov 7% to 4% ..... fucking 4% seems to be a magic number, doesn't it ?

Fuck you ! You fucking sell outs !

You sound healthy.

Black

Arcane
The only problem with the new/old enemy combat speed is that even if my sniper takes max range shot pre-emptively (bullpup sniper + huge scope + long barrel) the enemies still can run up to me in that one turn and fuck up my aim.

What the fuck sea Brother None ? :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V510NouEgIc

I can see the shit eating grin on that heavy
"Haha, fucking trolled nub l2p LMAO"

Last edited:

Starwars

Arcane
First impressions of Rodia were not good for me. Decided to go in guns blazing, went well until I reached the boss house where I got a party wipe due to enemies shooting me through the fucking walls of the house and me not being able to target them back.
And then when I walk into the boss room, a "cutscene" plays and two additional dudes spawn from... out of nowhere in the cutscene? What the fuck is that shit? I couldn't even shoot the boss guy before the cutscene played even though I found a place where I could target him. That's just weak.

Like the location otherwise though.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Having no way to know whether or not you (and just as importantly, enemies) will have line of sight from (or to) a location until your character arrives at that location and the AP are irrevocably spent is an enormous weakness of Wasteland 2's combat system. While it's often fairly obvious who will have LOS to who, at other times it's sheer guesswork.

Several times now, most notably when assaulting the Red Skorpions, I've been in situations during which I've dispatched every other enemy, but one more is hunkered down someplace in a hard-to-reach spot either above or below me in elevation, surrounded by apparent cover and LOS blockers. If during the laborious process of moving my team to get him I happen to stop a character on the singular grid square the enemy has LOS to (which I can only discern by trying to aim at the enemy as well from that spot) with 0 AP remaining, he gets to shoot me and there's absolutely nothing I can or could have done about it except be psychic.

While this may be "realistic" in some ways, the problem is I'm looking down at little army men from an isometric viewpoint and unlike the computer, I don't have a perfect LOS reference for every single square. I really hope this can be addressed somehow in the future.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Why isn't Pistol Pete a reference to Pistol Pete Maravich?

Oh wait I think it is, they just chose random portrait art

PocpgWY.jpg

:hmmm:

Yes this is what happened

7BqHIgd.jpg

Portrait picture is of a late 20s something black guy

Last edited:

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Finally got into our bunker/shrine and I love the implications.

We are the group that would have been most capable to handle the outcome of the nuclear war with the space, the protection and the heavy guns, but we decided instead to kill each other off arguing over the definition of what is an RPG.

Ivan

Arcane
I found Rodia amazing. I went in guns blazing too (big mistake as you miss out on a bunch of cool content).

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Portrait picture is of a late 20s something black guy

The model/portrait/description inconsistencies are absolutely unreal. They're all over the place and very jarring.

9b05a312c1.png

f00d32841b.png

You created an enigma silhouette portrait for a reason, inXile. Please use it. Giving blatantly contradictory information, especially visual information, is much worse than leaving it all to the imagination. It's inconsistent, sloppy, and potentially confusing.

In my opinion, there should be at least 10 PC portraits per gender to choose from, never replicated elsewhere in the game. Every major character gets their own special portrait, like Vargas, Angela, and HR. Minor but still noteworthy characters (like the cook, recruiter, some shopkeepers, etc.) may get generic portraits that are often reused, but the models and descriptions must match vaguely/approximately. The rest get generic portraits.

sea
Brother None
There's no way none of you noticed these. They're all over the place, including in Ranger HQ. You all just say "fuck it," or what?

Cazzeris

sea Brother None

Any chance of returning to the former jamming system state?

Also, I've tried the new GOG patch and it shows worse performance than the older one. :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold

Augur
Patron
Well guess I cant finish.
The elevator in the citadel doesn't move.

Seriously, a bs glowing dot and not a travel icon...

Last edited:

mbpopolano24

Arbiter
I have now played the final game for over 38 hrs, I am still in the prison / Damonta areas. I still like the game but there are two criticism I think the devs should pay attention to (if Sea or Brother None are still around here).

A). The ‘running’ AI. I have to agree that this is quite broken. I have seen enemy snipers (I repeat: snipers) running across the field and getting closer to my rangers. There is no AI, it is just a bunch of morons who run at you. It does not make the game harder (for me), just very stupid and much less interesting. For constructive criticism, take the fight with the rail thieves at the very beginning. They took cover and sniped my rangers, making it hard for me to get closer. That was fun, that required strategy. Now most fights are just a suicide run after the other. For a second constructive criticism: maybe take a lesson from XCOM? I assume the devs played that game? Maps were even smaller but snipers and long-range shooters were able to take cover and blow up people trying to approach. I don't mind melee fighters being able to come to my face, but shooters? No thank you.

B). The camera view / angle when inside buildings. Especially when you want to play ‘stealth’ and avoid detection, which is already very difficult since there is not a proper stealth mechanics, the camera is completely broken. Huge walls stay there and you just don’t see a thing. Nothing. You scramble to rotate and by the time you see a small portion of the visual field enemy is likely upon you. Very annoying. Why don’t you make possible to zoom closer inside? I know the engine can handle it, since for a weird bug the engine can zoom in very close when you are in the nuclear silos in the Temple. Alternatively, make sure that transparency works properly.
Thanks guys, the game could be great and I am already addicted anyway, but these two are quite a big deal, and since I know you participated in some of the discussion on Steam, you know I am not the only one.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Are the nuns cannibals? That's great. They are like wicked witches. How terrifying.

Stompa

Arcane
Anyone else miss so bad they shot themselves....with a sniper rifle?

One of my rangers managed to kill himself with an assault rifle burst. I'd be more butthurt if one of the enemies didn't kill himself the same way before.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
characters wearing power armor but looking like wearing drag queen outfits is not a problem but a character that is black and having a portrait depicting a white person is?

what changes they brought to the UI with the latest patch because I see none?

Spockrock

Augur
the thing with jamming is: the game makes me feel it only depends on the weapon. when in fact it should probably depend mostly on my character's Luck. if it does depend on Luck and other parameters like weapon skills, the fact that it is hidden from me is pretty bad. the way you make stats like Luck not of the "dump" variety is you communicate to the player exactly what they affect.

back to jamming, this game mechanic is completely pointless. in a game as simple as W2 having something that tries to make combat "more deep" is a waste of effort. if there's jamming there should be a way to maintain your weapon, that makes jamming occur less. ideally, eapons shouldn't have this bullshit "chance to jam" parameter. they should have a "durability" parameter instead which affects jamming rates (weapon in a bad state, unkept - jams frequently, depending on luck; weapon is well maintained, worked on by a gun smith regularly - never jams). but of course that would mean introducing weapon cleaning kits into the game. gun smith fixes weapons, rangers maintain their weapons regularly (somewhat like you refill your water regularly).

suppose you find a weapon, which is in a bad state, but has very good "stats". you decide that equipping it right away would be a risk worth taking. when you have the chance you get your weapon smith to look at it and fix it up. maybe this particular weapon can't have all of its issues fixed, you're stuck with a weapon that will jam from time to time, but you're willing to deal with it. that would make sense.

same thing could then be implemented for body armor. you get shot a couple of times, your armor becomes useless, you either replace the plates or throw it away. but that's going too far with W2.

instead, all weapons of the same type jam equally frequently no matter where you get them (from some junkie or from your base). InXile should just remove jamming altogether.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
So after this fuckin patch, when I sort ammo in the inventory, this selection does not stays when changing the party members.
How the FUCK is this an enhancement? Because now I have to click on each party members also and reselect ammo sorting?
More useless clicks is an enhancements?

:argh: :argh: :argh:

Last edited:

Gold

Augur
Patron
Well guess I cant finish.
The elevator in the citadel doesn't move.

Seriously, a bs glowing dot and not a travel icon...
Not sure what you mean, are you able to proceed or is it just hard to see what to click on for you? I think the visibility of the final area transition was changed in the last patch... but you might need to reload an earlier save from the previous area to see it. Or are you sure you're clicking the right thing etc. but the game doesn't proceed?

It is fine, I was just looking for a control inside the elevator, not a travel dot outside it.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
So after this fuckin patch, when I sort ammo in the inventory, this selection does not stays when changing the party members.
How the FUCK is this an enhancement? Because not I have to click on each party members also and reselect ammo sorting?
More useless clicks is an enhancements?

:argh: :argh: :argh:
I'm not certain what you're saying. I don't think the sort button was ever for the whole party, only the selected character and you needed to click it for each person?

Believe me that the sort button was for the whole party and made things way more easier.

Before the patch I selected a specific sort and then browsed through party members to see who held a specific item, armor or usable object.
Now when browsing party members, the sort option resets to "all items" which is a major drawback in usability in my opinion.
It was a very useful thing before, especially when you had large number of different items in inventory and you had to allocate specific ammo types to party members.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Finally arrived to Hollywood, just met the first huddle of hippies.

Ooooh I'm so gonna side with the capitalists and shit all over the hippies :bounce:

This game...

:smiles blissfuly:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom