Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Quest assistance [spoilers]

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This thread shall serve as a place for various help related to the quests.

I'll begin: Where the hell is Chris Van Graas in Rodia? I'm supposed to talk to him, but I run back and forth in the settlement and I don't see him anywhere :M

edit:
nvm found him

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone sided with Matthias in Hollywood? He sends the player to cleanse the earth from sin, first rodia and then angel oracle. IDK what to do in angel oracle though, I killed the polite guys before and some cunt rules the settlement now, but killing her achieves nothing. what am i supposed to do at this point?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
- If you choose to help Highpool and then go to the destroyed Ag Center, all I see is just one floor of the building where the satellite dish is. I seem to remember that there was more to the Ag Center, or is it unavailable if one decides to help Highpool?

- On the map where Ace was killed, you can use Kiss Ass to get some of the raiders away from the antenna. They also reveal a place where they are hiding their stash. I went there and there is a place where something was buried. Do I need some equipment to dig it up and if so, where can I get it?

- Even after killing the raiders camp, Karen in Highpool still says that the people are undecided whom to vote for. I brought the dog back to the owner but do not seem to find anything else you can do to convince them.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
1. I chose Highpool too and no basement. Only found out about basement because of forums.

2. Need a shovel. Some shopkeepers sell them. There is a free one though right by the very first grave you start at though.

3. Heal the patients in the store/mayor office/clinic with surgeon.

kain30

Cipher
yes, you must repair the robot that is on the wall. if you don´t see it, press Z to highlight objects

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Is there a way to enter the inner prison area past the ungodly turrets? Is it possible to save the civilians?

Major spoilers, but here it goes:

1. The first one is completely random chance of coming upon a specific item drop from killing robots, in this case a robot tank thread, which is not labeled as junk, and you can use on a broken down robot near the white stone line, choose the inorganic enemy option for the robot dialogue and it helps to destroy the turrets. Be ready for a big fight once inside prison (i mean apocalyptic huge fight);
  2. Second one is made available once you finish up at Damonta, on your way back to base Vargas contacts you saying that the RSM is attacking the rangers and acting strange, if you could check out whats happening at the prison. Once you reach the prison you will have to fight off several groups of RSM and go towards the RSM farm, once there proceed to kill everyone who attacks you and talk to the npc in the pigeon coop. He will tell you that he poisoned the RMS's dogs and they went nuts, once he gives you the cure, you can go to the prison gates and cure the RSM dogs, or just kill everyone, if you do cure the dogs choosing the right dialogue options you can reach a peace treaty between the rangers and militia, much to the surprise of Ranger HQ. This seems to be the optimal outcome i think.

kain30

Cipher
can anybody help me with the cat litter quest?? i need 8lb more to finish it. but i don´t find more cat litter bags, and the zeolite bag that i found in santa monica cant be given to woodson, i think is bugged or something. please tell me places where you have foun cat litter to see if i missed some.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
can anybody help me with the cat litter quest?? i need 8lb more to finish it. but i don´t find more cat litter bags, and the zeolite bag that i found in santa monica cant be given to woodson, i think is bugged or something. please tell me places where you have foun cat litter to see if i missed some.

dunno, but as last resort maybe you can edit save game to change number of bags, the same game editor i posted might be used for this as well (not sure on this one tho).

kain30

Cipher
did any of you know if the big red ominous button in hollywood sewers do something?

Ivan

Arcane
How the fuck do I go about incriminating Beatrice...Nevermind! Figured it out.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Okay, I cleared the Wrecking Crew camp for Highpool, but the quest is still listed as unfinished. Is there something I missed?

Ivan

Arcane
Some more thoughts:

-random encounter in la, managed to shoot at bots from a great distance (mods) w/out starting combat. killed 4 this way. opened inv. and couldnt close it. had to close the game.

-move the fucking npcs/stash to where the merchant and medic are.

-regarding the Mr. Manners meat quest, why can't we strike a deal w/ the Farm Woman from Cerritos, you know, the one whose cows you rescued (or at least I did)

-ugh, in inv. why does category selection revert to all when I switch npc. It should stay in the same category.

that's it for now. getting drained by random encounters in LA. taking out scorpitron was oh so satisfying.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
A question concerning Damonta. Where is that plane Red is talking about, the one with Sierra Madre written on it? I must be blind or something.

EDIT: Duh, found it. It's not in Damonta.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Okay, I cleared the Wrecking Crew camp for Highpool, but the quest is still listed as unfinished. Is there something I missed?
Take it your journal didn't update? Any chance you can send a save file to us that's affected at support@inxile.net? I saw this once before and I think it was fixed, but it may have regressed...

There may be a couple more things like this:

- The radioactive mushroom quest. I'm guessing that it was one of the junkies in Rail Nomad camp you are supposed to give it to. However, I killed all of those and the quest is stll there.

- The letter for Katie in the Rail Noman camp is similar. I accepted the quest but then ratted the guy out. Now Katie is nowhere to be found, but the quest is still there.

On a different topic, where do you find the parts to repair that robot in front of the turrets at the prison? Is it close-by or you find it only later?

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Take it your journal didn't update? Any chance you can send a save file to us that's affected at support@inxile.net? I saw this once before and I think it was fixed, but it may have regressed...

There may be a couple more things like this:

- The radioactive mushroom quest. I'm guessing that it was one of the junkies in Rail Nomad camp you are supposed to give it to. However, I killed all of those and the quest is stll there.

- The letter for Katie in the Rail Noman camp is similar. I accepted the quest but then ratted the guy out. Now Katie is nowhere to be found, but the quest is still there.

On a different topic, where do you find the parts to repair that robot in front of the turrets at the prison? Is it close-by or you find it only later?

It was from the dealer in the rail cart. The letter to his sister, don't give it to her if you think you take Pitbull at short range, You shouldn't try to assualtt the prison they made it an anti quest.

Visperas

Augur
I've recently got the +4 rad suits but I now have 2 extra +2 rad suits marked as quest item. I've tried to give them to the woman in the prison valley near the well but she doesn't ask for them. I can't sell them, I can't drop them... I haven't tried to stash them yet but I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to do that either. Suggestions?
Also, I've decided not to deal with the rsm in the prison. Is there anything interesting to do beyond killing them all?

Saduj

Arcane

If its the same issue I was having then it isn't a bug. You need to report that you've wiped out the Wrecking Crew to someone in Highpool. I had to report this to Karen and that is not possible while the mayor quest is active. You can report to her AFTER she becomes mayor. It might be possible to report back to Bergin but I'm not sure because by the time I finished the quest, he was unwilling to speak to me due to my other actions.

When does the radiation suits get upgraded? I've given all the cat litter to the guy in Santa Fe and he's telling me that he'll send a mssage via radio when they're done, only that he doesn't. I've saved Rodia from the leather jerks, let the robinsons take over at angel oracle, helped numerous distress calls and killed the scorpotron, still nothing, i think i've almost run out of stuff to do in all the areas that are not walled off by radiation. Should i just go past the level 5 radiation wall between me and hollywood and keep playing there, despite taking damage?

Saduj

Arcane
I've recently got the +4 rad suits but I now have 2 extra +2 rad suits marked as quest item. I've tried to give them to the woman in the prison valley near the well but she doesn't ask for them. I can't sell them, I can't drop them... I haven't tried to stash them yet but I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to do that either. Suggestions?
Also, I've decided not to deal with the rsm in the prison. Is there anything interesting to do beyond killing them all?

I was able to put the extra rad suits in the footlocker by the vendor inside the Citadel.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Okay, figured out that the tread part of the robot at the prison can be found as random drops after killing robots or in Dimona.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom