Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Ninjerk

Arcane
Someone told me recently that Meepo's winrate went up.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Meta is about ganking and pushing not about farming, I have no idea what makes you think that.

The meta is absolutely not about pushing. People might try to do that by inertia, but pushing has been grotesquely nerfed - extra glyph per each tier 1 tower, t2s having 5 more armor, tower gold being reduced by the 33% (and if first two are nuisances, this is a real issue). I dunno why would you pick pushing heroes after these changes.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Meta is about ganking and pushing not about farming, I have no idea what makes you think that.

The meta is absolutely not about pushing. People might try to do that by inertia, but pushing has been grotesquely nerfed - extra glyph per each tier 1 tower, t2s having 5 more armor, tower gold being reduced by the 33% (and if first two are nuisances, this is a real issue). I dunno why would you pick pushing heroes after these changes.

I watched 3 games yesterday and all had at least one push strat each side. NP, DP, shadow shaman still rule the meta. Teams may begin adjusting now but at this time push is still the king.

polo

Magister
As it was before.
I don't understand why the went the lategame everygame road. Its fun sometimes, but i want some fast games here and there.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
As it was before.
I don't understand why the went the lategame everygame road. Its fun sometimes, but i want some fast games here and there.

You watched TI? I was greatly disappointed by the finals. Must be the reason for this patch. The goal of this patch was to make more battles and more kills happen.

Cromwell

Arcane
What I dont understand is, Dota was always a game of rewards for me (and punishment) if you're good enough to get ahead with farm, you get items to get ahead with kills, you snowball. The enemy gets punished for not stopping you in time or ending the game in time. Now you give them even more money as punishment because your team played smart gave you space defended you and you didnt die.

polo

Magister
As it was before.

You watched TI? I was greatly disappointed by the finals. Must be the reason for this patch. The goal of this patch was to make more battles and more kills happen.
I did, and i understand some of the things they've implemented in this patch. The reworked rewards for killing streaks, etc. But TI was boring in a great amount because of boring long farming games. Lots of naga pushing, i don't think they solved this in anyway, quite the opposite. I don't think no one wants to watch 40 min of farming and 15/20 of intense battles.
Also you can't make "crazy" drafts anymore, you'll always need a Hard Carry, or 2.

Coriolanus

Learned
No need to play devil's advocate for Icefrog, the comeback changes have been undone in today's patch - mostly. Even the frog saw the changes were retarded (and every pro hated them). You're still punished for dying when you're really far ahead but the "this is not Dota anymore" feeling is gone.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
No need to play devil's advocate for Icefrog, the comeback changes have been undone in today's patch - mostly. Even the frog saw the changes were retarded (and every pro hated them). You're still punished for dying when you're really far ahead but the "this is not Dota anymore" feeling is gone.

Actually being unable to come back is a LoL thing if stats are to be trusted. Teams with fb win like 70% in there and it rises up to 90% if a team has gold advantage at 20min mark. Dota was always a game of throws erm plays.

Coriolanus

Learned

Actually being unable to come back is a LoL thing if stats are to be trusted. Teams with fb win like 70% in there and it rises up to 90% if a team has gold advantage at 20min mark. Dota was always a game of throws erm plays.

I don't really see your point. Icefrog tried some controversial changes with 6.82, a massive backlash from the pro scene (both Western and Eastern) happened, and the changes got reverted (http://store.steampowered.com/news/), no more -apem every game. What more is there to it?

Pope Amole II

Developer
And so I had my first game with this:

30092014bsbs.jpg

I mean, it was obvious that new BS would work well with the global ults, but that pretty much the wet dream of each and every Zeus - bloodrage, bloodrage, 4 ults, everyone but antimage dead. I guess its more the enemy's fault for being rather passive and not even trying to adapt (though bs on the easy line fed enemy clock as hard as he could - I was actually a 5 position LC, but somehow managed to get more farm than him), but still, this crap is a low-lvl pub wrecker. Not fun, though.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Meh pick Silencer and do the same better. Maybe AA too for maximum trolling and fountain kills.

Cromwell

Arcane
And so I had my first game with this:

I mean, it was obvious that new BS would work well with the global ults, but that pretty much the wet dream of each and every Zeus - bloodrage, bloodrage, 4 ults, everyone but antimage dead. I guess its more the enemy's fault for being rather passive and not even trying to adapt (though bs on the easy line fed enemy clock as hard as he could - I was actually a 5 position LC, but somehow managed to get more farm than him), but still, this crap is a low-lvl pub wrecker. Not fun, though.

I had the same problem and still dont know exactly what to do, even if you shut down bloodseeker he stll has the spell and can give it to zeus which will gleefully wreck your shit. rushing a pipe, and forego other items?

Pope Amole II

Developer
rushing a pipe, and forego other items?

I think it's less about items and more about tactics - if they try to do this shit, just try to put as much pressure as possible on both Fura & Zeus early game (thankfully, Zeus is easy to pressure) and, once it begins, run as five and push/teamfight - this combo is all fine and dandy, but it's really crap once you get close & personal (if you survive the initial burst, but that's where the pipe+mek should come in). Maybe even buying a casual cloak for the whole team will be worth it .

Actually, in the game I posted, antimage was very guilty of their loss - there was a funny moment where he, already farmed up, was facing Zeus & Fura duo (after their burst killed his team - he was chasing me like mad while they were dealing with the whole enemy team) and, instead of slaughtering them then and there, he just ran away. Funny guy.

Coriolanus

Learned
Oh boy, Naga. That feel when you're the only one out of ten people in the game having fun. The KING (queen?) of rat doto. The slow, creeping death. Knowing that the enemy will never win no matter how many kills your allies will try to feed as long as you manage to survive past a certain point.

Combined with Techies it's not even funny.

We were behind 25 kills at one point, I think.

Zfr2i6q.png

(that Rapier was Void's)

Storm was whining the whole game.

Sky, void and bh in one team and you died only 3 times.. There's a zeus even, to ensure that you won't get away at 10% with a well timed song.

:dead:

I guess they were too busy farming poor lina (dat desperate blademail).

Gotta say though, i like that new patch a lot. Games are much tighter now and action packed, win or lose (1 stomp out of 15~ games). I'v had more fun in a past couple of days, than i did in two months when 6.81 was still going.

Castanova

Prophet

I don't really see your point. Icefrog tried some controversial changes with 6.82, a massive backlash from the pro scene (both Western and Eastern) happened, and the changes got reverted (http://store.steampowered.com/news/), no more -apem every game. What more is there to it?

The changes mostly got reverted for gold. There are still massive XP swings.

Coriolanus

Learned
Sky, void and bh in one team and you died only 3 times.. There's a zeus even, to ensure that you won't get away at 10% with a well timed song.

:dead:

I guess they were too busy farming poor lina (dat desperate blademail).

Gotta say though, i like that new patch a lot. Games are much tighter now and action packed, win or lose (1 stomp out of 15~ games). I'v had more fun in a past couple of days, than i did in two months when 6.81 was still going.

It's just unranked. I'm still pretty bad at Naga, so these games are p much bad players (incl. me) vs. bad players. Still, I've never had this smug feeling of 'it's all ogre now guys, you can afk' on any other hero.

She's a high skill cap hero to play well, for sure. Efficient 'cloning' and control is hard for a micro-impaired guy like me. I feel like I'll have to spam quite a few more games with her until I get comfortable enough for ranked.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom