Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you DF?

whatusername

Scholar
Can I be next in line? I haven't played DF before though.

Greenskin13

Erudite
The world is gray, the mountains old.

This is an awesome idea, folks. Keep it going!

I'm too green to join right now, but I'll be keeping an eye on your fledgling fort, to be sure.

wendigo

Novice
Right, I've finally got the actual succession thread posted. Man alive, things got off to a brutal start. I had to abandon the initial fortress due to three deaths in the first few months. I lost my miner due to cave river flooding (and, perhaps even worse, lost his pick). That alone would have been survivable (could've made a bronze one later in the year and drafted another dwarf as a miner) but after the carpenter/woodcutter and a would-be corpse robber were stomped to death, I decided to start clean. This time I've wised up and brought two picks and two miners. We're tunneling like nobody's business.

It's a pleasure to add whatusername to the our list. Now that the actual thread is up, we can probably abandon this one and continue discussion over there. I want to illustrate autumn/winter properly and will have time to work on that tomorrow night... as for our next leader (still Oarfish?) we'd probably be ready for you on the week of the 15th-22nd. Since I'm already running about three days behind my own goddamn timetable I'm hardly going to be a schedule nazi about this. Thanks to all for tuning in!

It is with regret I have to announce that I have to chicken out. These last two weeks and the rest of the spring I have been, and will be knee deep in ridiculous amounts of work. I'm working night and day with this talk show-parody at the local Student Television. I'm doing this at the same time as I'm working voluntarily for a local film festival next week, as well as freelance work on a music video. When that's over and done with (in four weeks) I have a paper of 25 pages worth, that has to be done, or I`ll fail this semester. Then I'm of to Cuba for a month. I haven't got the time to even read the forums, let alone post. That is pretty much ruling out putting enough effort required to do my part in this succession game, in a proper way. Guess I have to chime in the next time. Sorry guys.

Since there is another thread for the actual succession game I might as well just hijack this one. For all the Scandinavians on this board, we had our premiere the previous Sunday, and the full episode can be seen online on www.stv.no. I'm quite proud of the result, and I think it turned out far better than it could have been. This is the first episode of five in a comedy-concept where we follow the evolution of a talk-show through five decades. This first one is set to the fifties (even before television broadcasts existed in Norway). The following episodes will be set to the following decades with the last one being the nineties. I am the director and editor of the eighties episodes, which is due in three weeks. Will update this thread then, if not sooner. Feel free to post comments in this thread, if you take the time to see it. I'd love to see the codexers cynical, ass-raping take on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom