Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
In other news, who the hell playtested Timber's new aghs and thought this shit was balanced? Better than WD aghs and easier to farm. Think I found my new favourite hero for this patch. 720 pure damage in aoe on an 8 second cooldown, yep, sounds reasonable.

curry

Arcane
Alright. I got tired of playing crappy pub games so I found myself a team. We will play in joinDOTA League Europe Season #4 (Starter Division) which will start on next Sunday.

polo

Magister
Yesterday i felt cool for a while. Ultra kill with 1 shot OD's ulti. If it was a rampage i woulda uploaded it.

Damned Registrations

Got an ultra yesterday myself, playing CK. He fits the new environment very well, just build some shit early like drums/urn/treads/wand and go wreck faces. By the time mid/late game rolls around you should be able to control roshan and leverage the aegis into taking towers/rax. If it goes super late you can rat dota them with the ult in the same way someone like Meepo or Tiny can. Of course he's shit vs medusa or ember, but you can't have everything. At least not any more (I miss my pubstomp heroes that could solo rosh in about 30 seconds at 8-10 minutes in. RIP Huskar/Bloodseeker/Lycan. I guess Ursa can still pull it off. Too bad he's shit in general.)

curry

Arcane
DU2z5Od.png

Just witnessed this game. That's right, a fucking 3 hour 33 minute long game.

Damned Registrations

WTF, by that point the creeps are huge fucking deathballs, and nobody even has serious splash to deal with them. Must have been some serious retardation going on.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I remember being in an hour long Warcraft III game once. My team lost and out of a mutual whim me and one of my teammates decided to clear the map of creeps to level up our heroes and we kept rebuilding our shit in the most remote and hidden corners of the map, and so just dragged the fight seemingly indefinitely (i don't think i've ever micromanaged as well as i did in that game). Eventually we were defeated and we all ended up adding each other to our respective friend lists.

Maybe something similar happened. Somebody pulled off some retarded stunt and the others played along because it was funny.

Damned Registrations

Been playing some juggernaut recently. Did some napkin math on his BAT changes, with the move to 1.4, between that and his crit he's now the second hardest right clicker in the game, behind Alch during his ulti by a hair (like 2% behind.) PA is 3rd I suppose, around 10-15% behind them. This discounts Ursa of course, since he's basically arbitrarily high depending on how long he can hit a target. But for the purposes of say, murdering 100 creeps (or 5 heroes) without using splash, jugg and alch are the top, and alch is only there by a sliver during his ultimate.

Who the hell decided this needed to be a thing? All of jugg's skills are very good, he has good stats, decent armor and movespeed... and they BUFF him? WTF.

You now only need 250 bonus attack speed (including agi) to reach 1 bonus slash per real slash of your ult. This is actually not that hard to do; something along the lines of butterfly/mkb/treads/aghs will do the trick at level 25, I find myself grabbing MoM to achieve it much much earlier though (great farming item anyways, and cheap enough to replace if the game drags on way too long.)

Some more napkin math: with full bonus slashes, an aghs lvl 3 ult will dish out upwards of 5k damage if you have around 150 damage. 5k over 4 and a half seconds. That's pretty fucking insane. Easily enough to down a single hero unless he's got something retarded like a heart and AC. Split between a team it's enough to score multiple kills easily in the mid/latish game.

I don't think Jug was ever intended as a traditional right-click carry. He's an utility hero that thrives in early-midgame teamfights, (his best skill by far is Healing Ward) who also happens to have a lot of solo kill potential and a good escape mechanism that's also a damaging ability early game - so he has a surprising amount of lane presence.

Omnislash is great under optimal conditions but there are far too many counters to it - Ghost Scepter, Manta, Eul's, Illusion heroes, creeps, etc.

Even after the BAT change, I don't think I would ever play him as a ricing hero - even though you could (and you could say that for most heroes really), there are better options for it and his skillset is just more suited for killing heroes and taking towers with his team.

polo

Magister
Jug is an excellent early ganker support. If played well it can rush agh's while supporting making it a crazy good gankin' hero.

Damned Registrations

That doesn't mean they weren't being retarded. Probably a lot of base diving when they should have been hitting buildings.

polo

Magister
That was a 6k mmr game? With techies achieving that score and puck feeding so much? Woah.
Are you sure, everyone else was 5kmmr? Cause it wasnt a rated game.

That was a subscriber inhouse game, Wagamama is a high-rated player but stream subscribers are almost universally braindead when it comes to actually playing the game.

Coriolanus

Learned
Wagamama plays a mean techies. Who else could carry a team below 1.5-2k of their mmr with a hero like that? He marathoned Techies for the first two days when they came out and won almost every game, not counting the ones where his team started feeding couriers because of the pick.

Damned Registrations

Subscriber games tend to be retarded too because you get people listening to the stream while playing, either to streamsnipe or just to hear whatever the streamer is saying if he's on your team, which fucks your concentration.

polo

Magister
Did valve do something with broodmother? Yesterday playing a ranked match those little shit creeps it spawns killed me (rubick) and the other support SO easily. 4 or 5 little spiders could kill me under the tower at lvl 3, then kill the other support, then the carry, dafuq?
It felt SO OP.
We just didn't know what to do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom