Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Gaming

Fez

Erudite
As mouse control systems go, Freelancer's one is good in an arcade sense.

Fez

Erudite
I think I remember it being mentioned that it was one of their early design decisions too, rather than a hasty choice near the end to rip out and change the control system.

Hi guys.

I'm a long time lurker on this truly Refreshing forum.

Anyway, wouldn't mind some MP action.

I installed Hamachi, and, um, to play with you guys via it, do the games have to be licensed versions?

I have some originals , but not all...

So I'm up for:

AvP 2
(love this one)

Dawn of War + WA (+mods: Steel legion,
DoW XP, Dowpro, Dawn of Warhammer)
(love this one to bits)

Warcraft 3: TFT
I saw some poster inviting playas for Warcraft 3,
but whats the network name and password?

Worms : World Party
(can't get Armageddon to run in XP)

Saay, what ABOUT Worms?
A massive wormsy carnage, perchance?

Company of Heroes

Homeworld

Homeworld : Cataclysm
(can't find HW 2 disk)

System shock 2

Close combat III & V

CS : Condition Zero 1.6

UT : GotY edition

UT 2004

And let me see what all other stuff I can dig out.

Surgey

Scholar
I suggested Worms 2 in #fallout. I'll see if I can acquire it and post it on RapidShare, provided I can get it under 100 meg chunks.

Surgey

Scholar
Okay, here's download link to Worms 2, in case you feel like playing it. It's in 3 separate files, so you'll need to put them all in the same directory before extracting and mounting the ISO.

First Part
Second Part
Last Part

EDIT: For those of you who care, I'm working on uploading Worms Armageddon. This is a fun multiplayer game and I suggest we play it.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Together with Worms 2 / Armageddon, I'd also like to recommend Diablo 1 for Codex coop play. I've never tried it with 1 but I know Diablo 2 coop could be entertaining with the right people.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Diablo 1 is entertaining in coop... unless you play the fighter. I played it via LAN about 8 years ago, those were the times... I wonder if it'd work with Hamachi or sth.

Surgey

Scholar
I'm up for Diablo 1. I have it, but it has no voice or music. :\

Also, I'm working on uploading Worms Armageddon as I type.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
DON'T UPDATE HAMACHI
Retard Dark Underlord was lagging us and urged us all to update Hamachi. Lo and behold we could no longer see games over Hamachi. So don't update it!

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
We abandoned the banana network in, uh.. February, was it?

Hop on kingcomrade's kool klub instead, the password is either kampfkreuzerausweichmanoeverdrehung or honourblade.

Our base is #fallout @ GameSurge

Surgey

Scholar
Doom is fun.

We just finished the Hell Revealed WAD pack, which was supposedly very hard. I don't understand where people got that-
doom3.jpg

OH JESUS CHRIST.

doom1.jpg

SEVEN. CYBER. DEMONS.

doom2.jpg

AROUND. ONE. ELEVATOR.

doom4.jpg

Jasede blows his plasma load.

doom5.jpg

KC goes running and gunning while I survey the carnage we have wrought.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Those screenshots are terrible.

By the way, you can make your status bar stretch across the whole bottom of the screen. It's under the options menu.

Surgey

Scholar
It's hard to get good screenshots in Doom with the key so far from my movement, not to mention for some reason the screenshot key lags when the server lags, strangely enough. I don't see you posting any, either.

Also, I know I can stretch it, but I made it not because I like how much I can see without it stretched, and if I turn it to the non-status bar version, it doesn't give enough information, like how much ammo in guns I'm not wielding.

Surgey

Scholar
I actually suggested that in #fallout. It was met with mild enthusiasm, such as "Rise of Nations sucks." and "Never played it." I'll see if I can get a er... version... of it, or I'll see if I can get people to play the demo. I personally like the game.

sabishii

Arbiter
Is that multiplayer Oblivion mod done yet? We could play that!

Kidding, of course. But aren't there any Codex-top-ten games to play multiplayer? 6-person Baldur's Gate?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom