Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland OK what's up with Titan/Silo 7 conclusion-- spoilers eh

Rhalle

Magister
I agreed to help the DBM and sneaked into the Monk's silo;

DBM took over the town;

in Silo 7, I'm going to disarm that nuke in hope that DBM gets the canyon but nobody will have a nuke

Not sure how they'll respond when I get back.

Anyways:

What's up with the choice in Silo 7 about where to send the missile? What the fuck is the "Repair Depot" and what's the difference from sending it to Silo 8? Sadler has the exact same response for both places.

Also, why can't I ship the dud nuke back to the Canyon? :smug:

Also:

:flamesaw::flamesaw::flamesaw:

I have yet to load adblock on this new browser and a goddamned video of motherfucking cocksucker extraordinaire John Bolton telling me my country should fight wars for Israel is playing.

The fuck, Kodex?

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I guess you can simply leave the nuke there. I've sent it back and all hell breaks loose.

Rhalle

Magister
I loaded and saved just to check out all the options/endings.

I guess the "Repair Depot" is the chance to send it directly to DBM after you've told Enola you're on his side.

That's why the option remains in the game even after youve scrambled the nuke and killed the monks.

Guess that wasn't clear at first.

lurker3000

Arcane
I sided with the DBM and killed all the monks but then disarmed the bomb instead of sending it back. The DBM was pissed at me and didn't show up for end game but the end card said I had given them the bomb. Anyway the whole thing appears to be buggy.

Norfleet

What's up with the choice in Silo 7 about where to send the missile? What the fuck is the "Repair Depot" and what's the difference from sending it to Silo 8? Sadler has the exact same response for both places.
Sending the nuke to Silo 8 would normally have sent it to the monks...but if DBM controls both places now, obviously, it no longer matters because they would get it either way.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I defused the nuke. NIO NUKE FOR ANY OF YOU!!

They are both pyschopaths. Why woudl you even THINK of giving pyschopaths a bomb? HOLY FUCK!

Norfleet

That was my answer also. Since I had helped neither side achieve dominance, the place apparently plunged into chaos and anarchy. Vargas approved since apparently a mess is easier for the Rangers to sweep up later.

Zeronet

Learned
I disarmed the bomb without being sent on the mission by DBM and he told me i was a traitor as if i was somehow suppose to know he'd of wanted it.

Is the best ending giving the monks the nuke? That way there's no raiders, just a convenient underground tunnel.

Black

Arcane
Is the best ending giving the monks the nuke? That way there's no raiders, just a convenient underground tunnel.
Oh yeah, totally.
I did all the shit DBM asked to do without killing any of them and the cunt DBM npc doesn't even want to join me:argh:

Sinatar

Arbiter
I disarmed the bomb, but for some reason my ending slide said that I sent it to the DBM.

Higher Animal

Arcane
Titan/Solo 7 problems:

Sneaking/stealth in temple of titan bomb facility ends in an alarm and gunfight. There should be a way to get a massive EXP bonus using purely stealth/perception/disarm alarm and avoid fighting.

If you don't complete temple of titan before heading to Silo 7 then the only way you get the idea that Titan is a dud is through shady dialogue with the drunk cowboy outside the gates of the temple of titan. Failing to find the DBM hideout would result in utter confusion about the second delivery option at Silo 7.

General canyon/Titan problems:

There is an added layer of dumb to discovering the DBM hideout because you have to do two perception clicks on the refrigerator to get a "hey this is weird" typewriting cue. The camera angle thing is a bit gamey but understandable given the terrible camera angles in the game. However, given that there is so much redundant dialogue requiring the player to click twice on the refrigerator to get a cue is simply bad design.

Your monk accompaniment goes aggro from just one friendly fire blast?

There's a bug with Jill the cowgirl where she won't give you dialogue options and you are stuck in a dialogue screen with her. I had to load four or five autosaves to get her dialogue options. Considering how incredibly valuable her presence is later in the game you'd think this would addressed by InXile.

Doctor Baum bug where he doesn't heal your party. This isn't dialogue option driven except that you need to constantly ask to be healed after telling him his glasses are on his head. Doing it once won't suffice. You need to do it several times before asking him to downstairs to meet with the unorthodox surgeon.

I haven't played it this way yet, but going aggro on the monks should be possible at the first gate in canyon of titan. Doing so should eliminate the DBM aggros and actually encourage assistance. Monks at first gate should aggro if you clean out the rebel compound filled with suiciders before the first gate.

All this said, the Titan storyline is probably the best one in the game in Arizona. Good writing and level design.

Rhalle

Magister
Sneaking/stealth in temple of titan bomb facility ends in an alarm and gunfight.

Not necessarily.

However, given that there is so much redundant dialogue requiring the player to click twice on the refrigerator to get a cue is simply bad design.

Done on purpose to increase the mystery and difficulty of getting in, no? Also, if you pass the speech check (7 Smart Ass, I think) with 'Mysterious Dude' at the beginning of the level he gives you a key to the thing.

Here's redundant dialogue in COT:

What is Titan's Peace?
What is a Tribute?
Who or what is Titan?

Jesus Christ every NPC can be asked that. We get it.

All this said, the Titan storyline is probably the best one in the game in Arizona.

Yep. Although in my opinion the payoff-- the Temple itself-- is a something of a letdown. Except for the silo it's nothing; and yet there is so much filler environment topside, too, with all the raiders and more sludg barrels and shit that should have been in the last map, and the merchant camp that sells nothing but Amigo clothes. And ineXile also jerks you around letting you believe you are going to be able to get a robot arm for one of your characters, and you find out

NOPE FUCK YOU

Also: what's with the corpse just in front of the scared merchant that has a unique weapon on it? Did I trigger something and miss it?

Last edited:

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
I probably played Titan valley not optimally, just killing everybody, except for the monks at the checkpoints. My tourguide monk had a walking ap bug and died fighting 4 enemies on his own about 3/4 of a screen away.The monks were not happy and demanded 6 sludge barrels. One of which was behind a locked fence and i had no lockpicking at that time (i didnt find any other sludge). I think i reloaded 10 times with 2 lockpick skill irc with 11% chance.

Anyway at the silo the monk there says i have 2 choices, but the terminal only gave me one, which essentially nukes the valley. Also i hated doc baum for not fitting a titanium arm on my blunt force guy.

Higher Animal

Arcane
Sneaking/stealth in temple of titan bomb facility ends in an alarm and gunfight.

Not necessarily.

When I checked the master computer my perception was around 7. I saw the alarm lights on the wall and figured that it could be rigged. Then I thought about my perception skill (which is always high) and why a computer would be rigged with an alarm but not a passcode. Should've went with my first instinct but I was pretty disappointed that the alarm went off because I expected to finally do a mission using stealth rather than monotonous combat.

However, given that there is so much redundant dialogue requiring the player to click twice on the refrigerator to get a cue is simply bad design.
Done on purpose to increase the mystery and difficulty of getting in, no? Also, if you pass the speech check (7 Smart Ass, I think) with 'Mysterious Dude' at the beginning of the level he gives you a key to the thing.

Nope. Clicking on shit monotonously is boring. Needs to be fixed.

Yep. Although in my opinion the payoff-- the Temple itself-- is a something of a letdown. Except for the silo it's nothing; and yet there is so much filler environment topside, too, with all the raiders and more sludg barrels and shit that should have been in the last map, and the merchant camp that sells nothing but Amigo clothes. And ineXile also jerks you around letting you believe you are going to be able to get a robot arm for one of your characters, and you find out

NOPE FUCK YOU

If you have smart ass you can get exp and a surgery book. I didn't follow enough of the dialogue to be super stoked about a robot arm. Actually, given the track record of cyborgs up until that point I'd say a robot arm would be bad.

Higher Animal

Arcane
There is one thing I didn't get about the whole Canyon situation, probably since I rushed through the area, so maybe someone who paid more attention can illuminate me: How the fuck do all those raiders, cattle herders and whatnot actually get to the canyon since it's behind a murderous wall of radiation? Or is my party composed of the only schmucks in the whole wasteland who didn't get a Rad Suit at birth?

Cattle Herders would need heavy duty radiation equipment in WL2 in order to.... herd cattle effectively. Raiders likely stole/borrowed a radiation suit.

Rhalle

Magister
There is one thing I didn't get about the whole Canyon situation, probably since I rushed through the area, so maybe someone who paid more attention can illuminate me: How the fuck do all those raiders, cattle herders and whatnot actually get to the canyon since it's behind a murderous wall of radiation? Or is my party composed of the only schmucks in the whole wasteland who didn't get a Rad Suit at birth?

Not only that: they apparently have rad suits for their cows, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom