Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN2: Mask of the betrayer announced. O RLLY?

Jim Kata

Arbiter
cutterjohn said:
I'm still working on killing the second orc group, eyegouger IIRC(haven't played in months waiting to try the 1.05 patch(if it ever gets released again) or maybe 1.06).

Dialog options in NWN2 don't seem to do very much other than get you plus or minus "influence" points with a particular character now and then, and maybe a single dialog screen that is different but it always seems to end up in the same dialog "path" no matter what option you choose, or so I found when I "tested" it briefly when I was getting bored with NWN2. IIRC NWN1 is like this as well, except that it didn't have the influence points thing.

Still better than most other recent RPGs though, but thats not saying much...

Yeah the fact that the have the EXACT same response regardless of what you say is fucking ridiculous.

rei1974

Scholar
A pity NWN2 always crash on my pc at a specific point (warehouse, after you come back from eyegouger orc battles in old owl).
Of course, bioware support completely ignored me. I won't ever buy a game from them again, if they are so bugged that I can't even finish them!!!!

rei1974 said:
A pity NWN2 always crash on my pc at a specific point (warehouse, after you come back from eyegouger orc battles in old owl).
Of course, bioware support completely ignored me. I won't ever buy a game from them again, if they are so bugged that I can't even finish them!!!!

Sounds like a bad installation or corrupt savegame.

Monica21

Scholar
Jim Kata said:
You are the one belittling the issue, because it's virtually any quest of any signifigance.
If you think I'm belittling it, it's only because I have bigger issues with tthe game than whether or not I have to have Casavir in my party or not. I still like the game, but like I said in my previous posts, there are bigger things that need fixing.

You have to have the gith chick to go to song stone or whatever the fuck it is.
Ruins of Arvahn? Yes, she's the one who knows the ritual. So?

You illogically have to have ammon jerro to go to kill the first reaver even if you have a scroll for the gith chick, too.
No you don't. I've taken one or the other in different playthroughs.

You have to take shandra to ammon jerro's hideout and having her die is unavoidable even though I was the most powerful cleric in the forgotten realms by that point.
I suppose it's useless to point out that Shandra's blood is what gets you into the Haven and that she's dead by the time you exit the portal from Jerro's lab?

Since the only real fun of the game is building a party and crafting items for everyone, forcing you to take on different party members all the time is a huge annoyance.
I obviously found the game more enjoyable than you did. Oh well.

Saxon1974

Prophet
What I wanna know about the expansion is;

Is the game going to be linear like the original?
Will you be able to explore freely? In the original there was no point most of the time because as nice as Neverwinter looked you could only enter about 2 or 3 buildings in the whole town.

These 2 reasons are why I quite playing. If the expansions did these things better I might play it.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Forced Party? What the fuck kind of crap is that!?

Oh well, how's the online-multiplayer?

Einherjar

Novice
Oh well, how's the online-multiplayer?

It depends. The main campaign is a bit annoying, since when one character talks to anyone, no-one else can do anything, even in minor conversations. The game is still pretty fun though, at least past the trial. I haven't tried any modules yet, but based on how the game handles area transitions, I'm not too hopeful, given that one of the best modules for the first game was the Random Dungeon Generator, in which half the fun was some of your party splitting up, for you to find their corpses later.

bryce77

Scholar
Concerning new stuff in Mask of the Betrayers:

E3 2007 said:
If you like playing in an especially hardcore fashion, though, you'll be pleased to know that all of the companions are optional in the expansion; you'll never be required to take anyone along on your adventures if you don't wish to. However, one of the cool new features of the expansion is the ability to select units by dragging a selection box around them, just like in an RTS, which makes it much easier to position your characters just the way you like them before an encounter.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
bryce77 said:
Concerning new stuff in Mask of the Betrayers:

E3 2007 said:
If you like playing in an especially hardcore fashion, though, you'll be pleased to know that all of the companions are optional in the expansion; you'll never be required to take anyone along on your adventures if you don't wish to. However, one of the cool new features of the expansion is the ability to select units by dragging a selection box around them, just like in an RTS, which makes it much easier to position your characters just the way you like them before an encounter.

I'm confused with the RTS 'drag a square' part, I don't think you really need this. Since you just carry around a party of 6, surely you can just hit the hot key for each character when paused, and give them commands. Allowing me to select multiple character at once doesn't really help much with the pre-combat positioning.

bryce77

Scholar
u are correct sir, the multiselect is mostly useless. The only good use it would have would be for formations, as u pointed out, but nwn2 doesn't feature formations like in BG. i've played thru the nwn2 oc twice and never once needed to use the multiselect. as u said, u can just pause, click on the car u want, give him his orders, unpause. and u don't get even get the full 6 member party until act 3 anyway. AFAIK and from what i've read the expansion will limit the party to 4 peeps max, like the Act 1 of the nwn2 oc.

that little blurb was written by some moron from gamespot who watched fearless urqhart demo the game on a laptop. he thinks the multiselect is a feature from the expansion... just another example of clueless game "journos".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom