Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Elfberserker

Liturgist
Lockpicking is one skill that makes us diffrent from other gentlemen.
It will be our greates signature amongs our skill set.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
To be a gentleman thief you must also be a master of disguise, and more importantly, have an encyclopedic knowledge of precious jewels and artwork. Who knows, if you go for 'other pursuits' you might remember just how much of an artfag you are. :troll:

Elfberserker

Liturgist
W-we are not gentleman thief yet?
:negative:

Flopping to BA, Gotta save those learning points for gentleman thief type

Rex Feral

Prophet
Well, considering for a moment that we are Shinohara Seiji that means we are directly related to Shinohara Juuzo who is the director of the hospital.

So it would kinda make sense that we have at least some medical knowledge if we weren't a doctor ourselves. Maybe a medical student.

Besides when asked what we do, on our first night, we replied that we studied. And no student I know of, studies more than a Medical School student.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

AA +M
\Actually, this is probably a good idea for both of us. If she goes all numb, she won't be able to defend herself or cry out for help and I think we've been approached by a ghost nearly every time we've been alone... (waking up in that room, being locked up, stumbling through the halls, getting the lockpicks)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rex Feral

Prophet
Tho, going in a creepy bathroom with a creepy little girl is pretty creepy. What if she's after us?

What if in every night every version of ourselves existed simultaneosly? And as we die we assume another role the next night. That might explain why people have been seeing us sporadically when we were somewhere else.

And if this is true then the version of us which enters with Mituski in the bathroom never gets out alive.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And if this is true then the version of us which enters with Mituski in the bathroom never gets out alive.
More like it hides in a cubicle so that it does not have to explain what it was doing in the ladies' washroom, and comes out only when it hears Uehara and Co. are gone.

Rex Feral

Prophet
More like it hides in a cubicle so that it does not have to explain what it was doing in the ladies' washroom, and comes out only when it hears Uehara and Co. are gone.

Yeah and Mitsuki totally says nothing about another man looking exactly like the one who was supposed to take care of her but chose to hide in the cubicle instead. Not a weird look, not an "Oh, there you were", in case she forgot we were inside in the first place.

Besides, she's acting funny as it is. First she was timid and reclusive to the limit and now she acts all firendly and nice of a sudden?

She's doing the same routine she probably did with Mori in the first night, posing as a defenseless child to let your guard down. Look where that got him:

With trembling fingers, he reaches into his coat, plucking out a cigarette and a lighter. “Find… Mitsu… no, Iwano…” He takes a drag and coughs heavily, his normally piercing eyes pointed at vacant space – he is not looking at you at all. “Protect… please…” he mumbles, as his breathing slows down. His ravaged chest rises and falls twice more before it finally stops. His head lolls forward. The cigarette falls from his lips, dousing itself with a hiss in the blood from his wounds.

Mori is dead.

Nevill

Arcane
She is very confused how you got out before her, but too embarassed to bring up the issue in the presence of the others. :M

Rex Feral

Prophet
Well:

Little Girl Dismembered in Tokyo Hospital

The body of Nakayama Sachiko (6), who has been missing for the past week, has been found at XXXXXX Hospital this morning. Her remains had been dismembered and separated. They were found in black garbage bags scattered around the hospital grounds. At the same time, police have arrested her father, Nakayama Jiro (44). He was found sitting on the hospital steps while hugging the bag that contained his daughter's head and XXXX, sparking the search for the other body parts.

Arent's these black garbage bags the same as that garbage bag in the room where people consistently get attacked and killed?

More:

Upon seeing you, she bows awkwardly in greeting.

The girl nods wordlessly.

“I-I’m… Iwano Mitsuki. I’m twelve this year,” Mitsuki says shyly, sitting with her head bowed. “I came here for treatment.”

Versus how she's acting now:

“No, I am at fault. I am sorry for sneaking up on you! Could you please let me go?”

She makes her introduction, bowing politely. “My name is Iwano Mitsuki.”

“Shinoseki-san,” bows Mitsuki again. “I am in your care.”

Since when has she developed eloquence and etiquette?

Also:

“Still, the treatment is going well so I don’t have to worry about it anymore. This hospital is really nice, you know?”

There is no one on duty – each of the three swivel chairs are empty and facing you. You suddenly realize that the hospital feels very cold

Yeah, real fucking charming, this hospital of ours.

Nevill

Arcane
Yes, there are changes between iterations. We've noticed. And the hospital looks more 'real' with each one.

And Mitsuki is a bit special. That was known since Mori specifically told us to find and protect her with his last words.

Where exactly are you going with this?

Rex Feral

Prophet
Nowhere, I'm just bored and looking for clues in previous chapters on things we might have missed until treave posts the next update.

And Mori wasn't explicitly telling us to protect her. From what he said I might interpret it that he meant to protect the others from her.

Nyarmith

Educated
If she wanted to murder us why wouldn't she do it already? I think it's more likely she's not a monster than her being one.

Nevill

Arcane
Yes, that was ambiguous. Still, in the end she was one of the victims, was she not? Unless she was wearing the face of a 12-year old girl as a mask from the beginning.

Nyarmith

Educated
Yes, that was ambiguous. Still, in the end she was one of the victims, was she not? Unless she was wearing the face of a 12-year old girl as a mask from the beginning.
Or maybe her paralysis/genetic disease is just latent possession by demon thing which would be pretty dumb.

Nevill

Arcane
Or she sees dead people. :M

ERYFKRAD BA
ChumBucket BA
Elfberserker BA
Nevill BA
Ifeex AA
Kz3r0 BA
Rex Feral AB
Azira AA
Akkudakku AA
asxetos AB
Baltika9 AA
Nyarmith AA
Lambchop19 AA
LWC1996 AA
Kipeci AA
oscar AB
Grimgravy BB
TOME BA
Zwist BB

A - 10
B - 8

A - 14
B - 5

Last edited:

Zwist

Learned
BB

And the reason the hospital has european elements, is because a tea-sniffing european designed it. Each time we notice and mention something weird, it will be fixed in the next iteration.
Oh and we die if he gets bored, like for realsies.
What bothers me is that he indicated we are not really here, while Mori went to search for missing people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom