Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda opens Fallout 3 forums

Lumpy

Arcane
cutterjohn said:
OccupatedVoid said:
I saw a radscorpion the other day.
That's MY line! Get your own!
That's the line of everyone who wants to be funny and earn cheap codex points but is unable to write anything interesting.
Get over it.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
cutterjohn said:
OccupatedVoid said:
I saw a radscorpion the other day.
That's MY line! Get your own!
Radscorpions may scare some kids, so they won't be in the game. Radcrabs, on the other hand, are cuddly little creatures...

KazikluBey

Cipher
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Our team is very exciting to be developing Fallout 3. Our developers are huge fans of the game(...)
This time they only said they were fans of Fallout 3, not of the original games...

Kraszu

Prophet
KazikluBey said:
Our team is very exciting to be developing Fallout 3. Our developers are huge fans of the game(...)
This time they only said they were fans of Fallout 3, not of the original games...

Maybe old parts are to linear for they taste.

geminito

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
That's our "this site sucks and your opinions are not surprising!" Geminito.

Thanks for the clicks! It's just too easy to feed you sometimes. Fallout 3 will be the best Oblivion expansion pack yet.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
OMG, I can´t stand the retards anymore. They even invaded my favourite TV show, which used to be somewhat intelligent...

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
Lumpy said:
Keender_surprise said:
The spirit of Fallout is simple: Humanity is dark, flawed, strange, amazing, and most of all we never give up. Fallout is about embracing everything about humanity light and dark, while still being humble enough to poke fun at it's self. It's about the American dream, starting with less than nothing, and being able to achieve anything you want. It's about hope, even when there's no reason for it. Fallout is more than mutants and [hooker]s and drugs and the debate on if you should add in kids and the moment you forget that, you've failed in making Fallout 3.

Was it someone from the codex who posted that? I think it captures the essence of that 'other' thing that makes Fallout what it is, apart from just the sex and drugs and gore.

edit: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... 0905&st=40
No, it's about a dark, hopeless and desolate wasteland.
Not about drugs&whores, but not about that stuff. That's over-analysing.

True. It's way simpler than a lot of people think. But don't forget "threatening" though. The Wasteland has to be a dangerous place.

User was nabbed fit

Fallout Tactics is the best Fallout for me, because it gives me all the cool stuff of the previous games

Wow. Urge... to kill... rising.

User was nabbed fit

However, I am surprised that 70% of the votes went for "Turn Based" in that thread.

I wonder if Beth cares...

Hazelnut

Erudite
Role-Player said:
It's depressing. I try to fight the hordes but I feel my intelligence draining... Oh look, pretty lights!

I've been impressed with several posters over there, although most of them I recognize from somewhere... hmmm can't quite put my finger on where though. Damnit, must have had my int drained somehow.

Trying to convince people who can't read and comprehend arguments is pretty demoralising, but maybe repetition will do the trick eh?

Keep up the good fight soldiers! :lol:

stargelman

Scholar
ViolentOpposition said:
However, I am surprised that 70% of the votes went for "Turn Based" in that thread.

Of course they care! They've always cared for what their fans have thought. Whenever a large group of fans gets together and voices their preferences, Bethesda Softworks will be there, reading and taking note and heed.

In other news, the easter bunny married rudolph the rednosed reindeer yesterday in a glorious ceremony. What the offspring - if any - will look like is anyones best guess.

User was nabbed fit

stargelman said:
ViolentOpposition said:

Of course they care! They've always cared for what their fans have thought. Whenever a large group of fans gets together and voices their preferences, Bethesda Softworks will be there, reading and taking note and heed.

In other news, the easter bunny married rudolph the rednosed reindeer yesterday in a glorious ceremony. What the offspring - if any - will look like is anyones best guess.

Oh come on now. This is different. I wasn't talking about Beth caring about fans, but the potential to make money. I mean, we're talking about nearly 3/4 of the votes here. Beth cares when it comes to $$$. If those numbers are maintained, and if it's not too late (most importantly)... who knows. Maybe an option to play in turn based or something. :optimist:

stargelman

Scholar
ViolentOpposition said:
Oh come on now. This is different. I wasn't talking about Beth caring about fans, but the potential to make money. I mean, we're talking about nearly 3/4 of the votes here. Beth cares when it comes to $$$. If those numbers are maintained, and if it's not too late (most importantly)... who knows.
Riiiiight. Because a few people came over from here and NMA and maybe DAC and voted for that option. You and me, we both know that is not at all (not in the slightest) representative of their target audience. And guess what: they know that too.

My guess is they opened it a bit earlier so everybody could let off some steam before the real show starts and everybody gets drowned out by people who think this new idea of a post-acoplyptic game is teh shit :)

Lumpy

Arcane
They don't care what the majority wants, they care what the community wants. 10% wants TB and hates RT. 50% wants TB and likes RT. 40% wants RT and hates TB.
So the people want RT. And RT it will be.

User was nabbed fit

stargelman said:
ViolentOpposition said:
Oh come on now. This is different. I wasn't talking about Beth caring about fans, but the potential to make money. I mean, we're talking about nearly 3/4 of the votes here. Beth cares when it comes to $$$. If those numbers are maintained, and if it's not too late (most importantly)... who knows.
Riiiiight. Because a few people came over from here and NMA and maybe DAC and voted for that option. You and me, we both know that is not at all (not in the slightest) representative of their target audience. And guess what: they know that too.

My guess is they opened it a bit earlier so everybody could let off some steam before the real show starts and everybody gets drowned out by people who think this new idea of a post-acoplyptic game is teh shit :)

That's why I said "If those numbers are maintained". If they are maintained, then obviously they'll represent more than just the NMA/Codex/DaC people.

Lumpy said:
They don't care what the majority wants, they care what the community wants.

If that were true they wouldn't keep screwing their fans over.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom